2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• So unless there'll be any surprises on Saturday, the decisive match for the last European ticket will be NED-BUL on Sunday. And I think even with Femke as setter the Dutch right now look solid enough to take it. It looks like Morrisson considers Plak as backup OPP and not as OH anymore, and it's interesting that young Daalderop has conquered Buijs' place in starting six, and even though today wasn't her strongest match her performances overall have surely justified that choice.

• So unless there'll be any surprises on Saturday, the decisive match for the last European ticket will be NED-BUL on Sunday. And I think even with Femke as setter the Dutch right now look solid enough to take it. It looks like Morrisson considers Plak as backup OPP and not as OH anymore, and it's interesting that young Daalderop has conquered Buijs' place in starting six, and even though today wasn't her strongest match her performances overall have surely justified that choice.

isn`t the TOP 2 qualifying?? basically NED and BUL will be qualified on Saturday already?

• ok checking wikipedia, this is the first time COL finished second in s. america. maybe i was thinking of Olymp. Q, i think they finished 2nd some years ago, maybe for london.

incredible that in s. america only 2 countries ever won this championship: BRA and PER.

where does amanda coneo play? in europe?

• You guys sure about 2 teams qualifying? I also thought it was just 1.

Yes, the two teams on top of the WCQ will qualify. CEV got, correct me if I'm wrong, 8 spots to fill up. Besides the 6 winners of the pool play, there are 2 tickets left.
    The Dutch girls could grab the ticket tomorrow by winning over Slovenia. If Bulgaria wins tomorrow, they also secured their ticket to WCh 2018. If not, Belgium and Bulgaria are tied at 3 wins all. In that case it will be decided at the last day of qualification where Bulgaria meets the hosts and Belgium will play Greece.

• I must take back my words from a few days ago. Femke played two solid games against Belgium and Czech Republic.

Suprisingly, Czech Republic impressed me more than Belgium. Belgium lacks power in attack. They too strongly rely on their service.

Netherlands - Bulgaria could be a very nice match, since Bulgaria arrived with all their stars. I think chances are 50-50.

• i just watched the first set of NED x GRE on laola. what the *%$#@ is going on with GRE? they've gone backwards so badly. how did they get to this stage of the euro qual.? at one point, it was 10-3 and all 3 points for GRE were dutch serve errors! crazy! i guess kiosi retired? this team is sooooo bad... chantava looks like she lost weight but she still can't pass... she gave so many points away. and she can't kill the ball... and vasilantonaki sometimes looks as clumsy as diouf...

• Bulgaria walked over Belgium by an absolutely convincing 3-0 !!! Congratulations to Vasileva, Ruseva, Dimitrova, Simeonova, Nenova.....

Now, all 8 european vacancies are finally determined: AZE, BUL, GER, ITA, NED, RUS, SRB, TUR

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• As expected, Bulgaria destroyed Belgium.

It will be a very tough match for Dutch team tomorrow....Bulgaria is physically really impressive....Filipova, Vasileva, Rabhadzieva, Hruseva.... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

It's actually a shame these players never performed well in a big tournament.... :teach: Potentially they are top 5 in Europe!