You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 3:05am

Bulgaria walked over Belgium by an absolutely convincing 3-0 !!! Congratulations to Vasileva, Ruseva, Dimitrova, Simeonova, Nenova.....

Now, all 8 european vacancies are finally determined: AZE, BUL, GER, ITA, NED, RUS, SRB, TUR

wow. that's exactly the same 8 teams in 2014, except for NED instead of BEL! unless i missed someone (were there 9 euro teams 3 years ago?)... how barely things change. GER got really lucky in this Q...

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 5:04am

GRE x NED

ok, i finished watching the GRE x NED match. vasilantonaki caught fire in the 3rd set. she really hits well from back row, and she is also used for passing, which is not easy for such a tall girl. but overall, it was just target practice for the NED. they used the whole bench, except dijkema, who never came on.

why does laola have only NED matches??????

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 9:18am

Bulgaria walked over Belgium by an absolutely convincing 3-0 !!! Congratulations to Vasileva, Ruseva, Dimitrova, Simeonova, Nenova.....

Now, all 8 european vacancies are finally determined: AZE, BUL, GER, ITA, NED, RUS, SRB, TUR

wow. that's exactly the same 8 teams in 2014, except for NED instead of BEL! unless i missed someone (were there 9 euro teams 3 years ago?)... how barely things change. GER got really lucky in this Q...

The teams emerged as participants for the WC are okay I think, despite I'm sorry for Belgium, but they were simply to weak in this decisive tournament, maybe they lack currently especially a strong setter after retirement of Fraucke Dirickxx.

Regarding Germany: no doubt the team had luck with the drawing (opposed to the men's team), but both German national teams have to qualify for this competition anyway, and that DVV men's team failed, is embarassing to no end and will ruin their world ranking. Our womens team should stay about its not too good ranking anyway...

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 1:40pm

There were 10 European teams then. Croatia and Belgium are out, there are no newcomers.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 2:28pm

Why do they play half an hour earlier today? Now I missed 1st set :wall:

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male
  • "Emil" started this thread

Favourite Players: Lloyd, Haak, Robinson, Dürr, Goncharova, Courtois, Meijners, Orthmann, Hanke, Dijkema, ter Horst, Jorna, Kingdon, Fetisova, Havelkova, Lippmann, Stevanovic

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 2:47pm

Dutch blocking today is definitely on fire :white:
Surprised to see old Nenova, Strashimira Filipova and Mariya Filipova back, I thought they wouldn't easily come back with NT Jersey.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 3:01pm

Bulgaria will never stand a chance against teams with strong serving and good tactical play. They have physically strong individual players, but as in the past, they never manage to get it all together into a convincing team performance. It's enough to be stronger than many other teams, but not to among the absolute best.

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Lloyd, Haak, Robinson, Dürr, Goncharova, Courtois, Meijners, Orthmann, Hanke, Dijkema, ter Horst, Jorna, Kingdon, Fetisova, Havelkova, Lippmann, Stevanovic

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 3:05pm

Morrison told the dutch girls to serve on Vasileva and his tactic is (surely) working well. I wonder how many balls she has passed so far :white:

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 3:28pm

20-22 --> 23-22 --> 23-25

I almost felt like there was some hope for a little bit of excitement in this match...

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 3:32pm

Yep, I wish they terminated the match more beautifully, I hate it when a game gets done with a stupid error :(

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, De Kruijf, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 3:45pm

Honestly, I expected a tougher match...but, as already mentioned, the tactic - serving at Vasileva - worked really well.

I'm sorry for Plak and Buijs but Sloetjes and Daalderop are better. Plak could be really helpful in attack and serve at double-sub. For Buijs I see no good opportunities anymore, considering Daalderop's age ( 18 ).

Bongaerts has developed well. Femke played better than expected!

Knip and Schoot did well. I'm curious wether Morisson will take both of them (together with Stam) to ECH..

My only concern for Dutch team is the MB-positon....if Koolhaas and Polder are 3rd and 4th MB there is a big problem...

It seems the coöperation between staff and players has improved a lot.

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 3:54pm

I think it's pretty early still to say bye Buijs and Plak because Daalderop and Sloëtjes are better. While I do agree with you from what I have seen so far. Daalderop has been playing amazing today and so did Sloëtjes but I think against good blocking teams this duo together with Balkestein would be clueless in attack. Daalderop hits really well but a bit on a low point which makes me think she won't be as good against a team like Serbia. Sloëtjes gets blocked pretty easy too. I think it's great that Netherlands has now this great variety in Opp and OH as they can use different key players against different style teams. Bulgaria's block was weak to non existent today. Daalderop would just hit straight at the block with as much power as she can and it kept working.

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, De Kruijf, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 3:58pm

I think it's pretty early still to say bye Buijs and Plak because Daalderop and Sloëtjes are better. While I do agree with you from what I have seen so far. Daalderop has been playing amazing today and so did Sloëtjes but I think against good blocking teams this duo together with Balkestein would be clueless in attack. Daalderop hits really well but a bit on a low point which makes me think she won't be as good against a team like Serbia. Sloëtjes gets blocked pretty easy too. I think it's great that Netherlands has now this great variety in Opp and OH as they can use different key players against different style teams. Bulgaria's block was weak to non existent today. Daalderop would just hit straight at the block with as much power as she can and it kept working.

Well, it is just Femke's sets this tournament are mostly fast but low...Both Sloetjes and Daalderop can also hit over the block.

The difference between Sloetjes and Daalderop < -- > Plak, (but escpecially Buijs) is that Sloetjes and Daalderop are much more versatile in attack. Buijs today hit again a few team blind in the block..Nika is smarter.

Of course, Serbia is a total different level, they are the strongest team worldwide at the moment.

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Monday, August 28th 2017, 12:40pm

Well, it is just Femke's sets this tournament are mostly fast but low...Both Sloetjes and Daalderop can also hit over the block.

The difference between Sloetjes and Daalderop < -- > Plak, (but escpecially Buijs) is that Sloetjes and Daalderop are much more versatile in attack. Buijs today hit again a few team blind in the block..Nika is smarter.

Of course, Serbia is a total different level, they are the strongest team worldwide at the moment.

Although Nika seems to be a great prospect, another offensive OH is the last thing NED needs nowadays considering Buijs and Plak. However, there is no single defensive OH as backup to Maret. NED could go down to the hill if she could get an injury during ECh :S Also libero position, although both Shoot and Knip seem to be improving, they are still far from the level of other liberos in top European teams

theloneracer

Intermediate

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 10:35am

Stream FIVB Women's WCH Japan 2018 Asia qualifiers - DPR Korea vs South Korea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVh9TFIJkPs

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 10:39am

Both DPR Korea and South Korea have a lot of service error in the 1st set.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 11:51am

China v Fiji --- at Almaty, KAZ

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "samsara" (Sep 20th 2017, 4:34pm)

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 12:24pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVh9TFIJkPs

@'theloneracer -- May I ask how did you insert such nice youtube link here since the board does not have a ready feature for that?

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

theloneracer

Intermediate

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 12:48pm

May I ask how did you insert such nice youtube link here since the board does not have a ready feature for that?

I used [_youtube_]-insert-youtube-link-[_/_youtube_] (remove the underscores). I got this tip from someone else post in this very forum but can't remember where. If there is a problem try removing or don't add the "https://" just the link like "www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVh9TFIJkPs".

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 12:57pm

Actually the board does have a ready future for that... It is right under 'Font family'

Social bookmarks