2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Another photo from Nakhon Phatom, Thailand. Group photo of team Thailand and Korea.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FThailandVolleyballAssociation%2Fposts%2F1463277867127093%3A0&width=500" width="500" height="458" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

• It looks like an AVC thing or maybe it could be a FIVB thing... We just have to wait and see after the European qualifiers.

The European qualifiers are already decided; the current ECH tournament is another event.

The boarding pass may just be an AVC idea or FIVB's later fancy thought.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Thailand vs Korea | FIVB Women's WCH Japan 2018 Asia qualifier | Sep 24, 2017 1080P by SMMTV

EDIT: Replacing earlier KAZ link, bad quality replay... so many freezing frames!

It's near to impossibility to find any replay of FULL MATCH in High Resolution (min. 720 HD) with good quality recording of the event hosted by Almaty... bad coverage and publication... the culprits are FIVB AVC and the host KAZ... either one :wall:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 7 times, last by samsara ().

• i didn't realize it but one of the qual. tournaments for NORCECA already happened and CAN and CUB have qualified to the WCh.

big question mark as to the other tournament since PUR will probably not contest it due to the devastation to the island.

so now USA, CAN and CUB are qualified. the last 4 spots will probably go to MEX, TRI, DOM and ???? it'll be a joke. thanks, corrupt FIVB.

• It will help as a semi rest day for strong teams since this tournament is the longest.

• The last 8 vacancies will be decided by four tournaments,

1. African Nations Championship (Cameroon, Oct 7-14) in progress now
    9 teams for 2 vacancies
    (format: PA- CMR, EGY, ALG, BOT; PB- TUN, KEN, SEN, NGR, DRC; semifinals; finals)

2. South American Qualification (Peru, Oct 13-15) round robin will be executed
    4 teams for 1 vancancy (PER, COL, ARG, VEN URU)

3. North, Central American and Caribbean Qualification Pool A (Dominican Republic, Oct 13-15) round robin will be executed
    4 teams for 2 vacancies (DR, PR, Guatelama, Jamaica)

4. North, Central American and Caribbean Qualification Pool C (Trinidad and Tobago, Oct 13-15) round robin will be executed
    4 teams for 2 vacancies (TT, Mexico, CR, Dominica)

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• i didn't realize it but one of the qual. tournaments for NORCECA already happened and CAN and CUB have qualified to the WCh.

big question mark as to the other tournament since PUR will probably not contest it due to the devastation to the island.

so now USA, CAN and CUB are qualified. the last 4 spots will probably go to MEX, TRI, DOM and ???? it'll be a joke. thanks, corrupt FIVB.

Sorry but this tournament is a nonsense. Taking into account that in TOP10 teams of the world probably 6-7 are from Europe (for sure Serbia, Russia, Netherlands, Turkey, Italy) it's a joke. I know in rankings there are also Korea, Japan and DR but tbh none of these teams is competetive at the top right now as the latest Olympics have shown. At least DR could achieve sth in 2014. But overall at least 10 teams should be from Europe.

• it looks like KEN has qualified finishing 4-0. is this the first time for KEN?

last african slot to be decided between CMR and TUN.

qualification format for national championship:
    PA- CMR, EGY, ALG, BOT;
    PB- TUN, KEN, SEN, NGR, DRC;
    semifinals;
    final

now its the pool game, Kenya has secured the 1st in pool A, so the semifinal will decide who will finally qualify.

to be me...

• Standings in African Nations Championships

Pool A
    1. Egypt 2-0
    2. Cameroon 2-0

3. Algeria 0-2
    4. Botswana 0-2

Oct 11, 2017
    EGY vs CMR, ALG vs BOT

Pool B
    1. Kenya 4-0
    2. Senegal 2-1
    3. Nigeria 1-2
    4. Tunsia 1-2
    5. DR Congo 0-3

Oct 11, 2017
    SEN vs NGR, TUN vs DRC

Kenya has secured first place in Pool B, Senegal will fight for the last semifinal vacancy against Nigeria.
    Egypt, Cameroon has qualified to semifinals, but the last game will decide who tops Pool A.

to be me...

• Peru captain Patricia Soto will not participate the qualification due to injury during training.
    The final roster will be discovered by Brazilian coach Luizomar soon.

besides, Argentina announuced the final 14 players
    S (2): Vidal, Sagardía
    OP (2): Fresco, Bosio
    MB (3): Lazcano, Sosa, Aispurúa
    OH (5): Nizetich, Fernández, Rodríguez, Hiruela, Fortuna
    L (2): Rizzo, Martínez

to be me...

• African Nations Championship Finas
    champion game: Kenya vs Cameroon
    3rd place clarifiaction: Egypt vs Senegal

Congratulations to Kenya and Cameroon qualifying the World Championship in Japan.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

South American Qualification Day 1:
    Argentina 3-0 Colombia
    Peru 3-0 Uruguay
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

NORCECA Qualification Day 1
    Pool A
    DR 3-0 Guatemala
    PR 3-0 Jamaica

Pool B
    TT 3-0 Dominica
    Mexico 3-0 CR

to be me...

• it seems DOM, PUR, MEX and TRI have now all qualified to the WCh next year. they are all 2-0 in their pools and cannot be surpassed by the other teams.

in s. america, it seems ARG has clinched its slot as well.

congrats, corrupt dumb fivb. next year we'll have such wonderful powers as MEX, TRI and CAN in the WCh, but not POL, BEL, CZE, UKR, or even COL, which is a stronger team than those 3.

• Blame CEV rather than FIVB for not protecting their own teams and interest against this ridiculous farce of a qualification process

And while we're there, organizing tournaments in countries where volleyball matches attract more than 50 spectators (Georgia), relatives of the players included

• it seems DOM, PUR, MEX and TRI have now all qualified to the WCh next year. they are all 2-0 in their pools and cannot be surpassed by the other teams.

in s. america, it seems ARG has clinched its slot as well.

congrats, corrupt dumb fivb. next year we'll have such wonderful powers as MEX, TRI and CAN in the WCh, but not POL, BEL, CZE, UKR, or even COL, which is a stronger team than those 3.

And from the Asian Continent you missed out the North Korean team... in an ideal & perfect world, all these teams that you listed here plus DPRK should have gotten one more play-off round to determine the final remaining qualifiers, removing all doubt that only the best teams, based on real strength, are allowed into the World Championship!