2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Host shouldn't get the 1st seed, problem solved.

• I was kidding a out Bulgaria :what: now it is almost identical to 2014 wch group. On the other hand Germany ends up with the best possible draw again :down:

I can't imagine how many injuried players we will have during this insanely long tournament :aww:

• OMG Pool D is insane! 3 european semifinalist all together!

I don't think Germany has a better pool/path than other teams like Italy, though. Yes, they should pass the round, but they may end up as 4th team. Or third, which shouldn't make any difference.
    And if we won't have big surprises, they would end up in the toughest second phase pool (USA, Russia, Serbia and Brazil all together, and with only 3 spots for the next round...)

I can't believe we are the only European team in our pool, btw :what:
    As Russia.

• FIVB should rethink the grouping. We are going to lose a lot of good teams in the second round because of their stupid format! :wall:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• A question:

Will the team keep for the second round the points made in the first round?

And will they keep all the points, or only the points made vs the other team of their first pool they ended up with in the second pool?
    For example: A1 in the second round will keep only the points made vs A2 in the first round, without playing again against them?

• Of course, they have 2 country to help :lol:

I specify I don't have big problem with a little help for the host like being considering head series (unless the host is a poor volleyball country like Georgia...), on the contrary, I do agree it's 'necessary'.

But the formula shouldn't be made for that...

• The girl in the kimono who brings out the eggs looks like Saori Sakoda

• Pool A : Japan, Netherlands, Argentina, Germany, Cameroon, Mexico.
    Pool B: China, Italy, Turkey, Bulgaria, Canada, Cuba.
    Pool C: USA, Russia, South Korea, Thailand, Azerbaijan, Trinidad and Tobago.
    Pool D: Serbia, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Kazakhstan, Kenia.

The 24 teams have been divided into four pools of six teams playing in a Round Robin system with the top four teams in each pool advancing to the second round. The 16 teams will be split into two pools of eight (Pool A and D four best teams in one group, and Pool C and B four best teams in the other one).

The top three teams in each of the two second round pools will advance to the third round. The four winners will be placed in the two pools with the second and third-placed teams drawn. The round will consist of a Round Robin system with the top two teams in each pool advancing to the semifinals. A 5th rank match will take place on the same day as semifinals. The 103rd and last match of the tournament will be the final.

• I don't get what the two choices are Fumi and that other dude got to make, but that girl speaking english is adorable with her accent.

• Azerbaijan was first divided to Pool B but there are already three European teams in Pool B (Italy, Turkey, Bulgaria) so it ended up in Pool C.

Otherwise I would have loved to see China play in the European Championship for the very first time!

• So ... Fumi gets to pick who plays whom?

• Would be so much more exciting if they played a Round of 16 and we could probably have these match ups. ( based on the logic)

Japan vs Puerto Rico ( or Dominican Republic) - Japan would need to play their very best to beat DOM.
    Serbia vs Argentina ( or Germany) This could be interesting, as Argentina almost stole Serbia`s ticket for the OG and Serbia vs Germany would not be bad.
    Netherlands vs Dominican Republic ( or Germany) Either way would be a great game because both DOM and GER could upset NED
    Brazil vs Argentina ( or Puerto Rico) - BRA vs ARG is always a classic LOL
    China vs Thailand ( or Korea) - This could be a Asian Classic , and also Kim vs Zhu
    USA vs Bulgaria ( or Turkey) - Both Turkey and Bulgaria could upset USA
    Italy vs Korea ( or Thailand) - Both Asian teams would put up a good fight against Italy
    Russia vs Turkey ( or Bulgaria) - This would a European Classic

and this is based on the logic assuming there will no upsets in the pool phase, but if some upsets happened the Round of 16 could be even more exciting such as if any of the top teams end it up loosing at least one or 2 games. Like imagine if Russia loose to Korea or Thailand and finish in 3rd and having to face either China/Italy, or if Italy loose to Turkey they could face Russia. If Japan looses to NED/GER would face SRB/BRA.

but FIVB does not want any of that :thumbdown: ;(

• It would be entertaining as hell to see Round of 16, round of 8. I would watch every match then :obey:

Other way it will be just boring as always, when everything is clear on the halfway and then teams play for fun or sth. You can lose and or lose twice and still do well in the competition. Thats why I love the OG and matches like China- Brazil when they have to put 200%.

• so China,Italy,Turkey and Bulgaria are most likely candicdates to take top four places in POOL B
    China could get first place then Italy turkey and Bulgaria would fight for second place in the Pool ?

what about Cuba? i havent watched them a decade..who stayed who went in the team ? what about their young star Melissa Vargas ?