You are not logged in.

Monday, October 16th 2017, 11:53pm

crazy... how is ARG ranked higher than THA, BUL, AZE, PUR, TUR, GER????? that's why the pools are so unbalanced, the rankings are stupid.

jetmasters

shoryuken

Favourite Players: reliable, little apple, baby, cosmo, little ant, moon goddess, little sunflower, big sister, shopkeeper, military guard, big flower bud, basket, rachel, big liu, west lake min

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 12:35am

Host shouldn't get the 1st seed, problem solved.

LDvolley

Professional

Favourite Team: Argentina NT, Bolivar, Cuba NT

Favourite Players: Conte family, De Cecco, Zaytsev, Simón, León

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 1:02am

Wait, no draw at all? not even for pots 4, 5 and 6?

What about the men's championship? it will be the same?

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 10:25am

according to volleyrussia the pools are set.

Pool A: Japan, Netherlands, Dominican Republic, Germany, Cameroon, Cuba
Pool B: China, Italy, Korea, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico
Pool C: USA, Russia, Argentina, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Kenya
Pool D: Serbia, Brazil, Turkey, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Trinidad and Tobago

http://www.russiavolley.com/11505/the-gr…d-championship/

If this is really true, we could assume in round 2.

Pool E : Japan, Netherlands, China, Italy, Thailand, Argentina, Turkey, Bulgaria.

Pool F: Dominican Republic, Germany, Korea, Puerto Rico, USA, Russia, Serbia, Brazil.

But I think Azerbaijan could surprise Turkey/Bulgaria, maybe Cuba could upset Germany, Canada could beat Puerto Rico. And Turkey could surprise Brazil/Serbia as well.

I was kidding a out Bulgaria :what: now it is almost identical to 2014 wch group. On the other hand Germany ends up with the best possible draw again :down:

I can't imagine how many injuried players we will have during this insanely long tournament :aww:

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento – Foppa

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 2:29pm

OMG Pool D is insane! 3 european semifinalist all together!

I don't think Germany has a better pool/path than other teams like Italy, though. Yes, they should pass the round, but they may end up as 4th team. Or third, which shouldn't make any difference.
And if we won't have big surprises, they would end up in the toughest second phase pool (USA, Russia, Serbia and Brazil all together, and with only 3 spots for the next round...)

I can't believe we are the only European team in our pool, btw :what:
As Russia.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kk15" (Oct 17th 2017, 2:39pm)

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 2:35pm

FIVB should rethink the grouping. We are going to lose a lot of good teams in the second round because of their stupid format! :wall:

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 2:42pm

A question:

Will the team keep for the second round the points made in the first round?

And will they keep all the points, or only the points made vs the other team of their first pool they ended up with in the second pool?
For example: A1 in the second round will keep only the points made vs A2 in the first round, without playing again against them?

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 3:53pm

FIVB should rethink the grouping. We are going to lose a lot of good teams in the second round because of their stupid format! :wall:
Do you really think they care about it? All they care is Japan since Japan is their money source. They don't care about the rest.

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 3:57pm

Group D is scandalous!! How is that even allowed for god's sake :aww:

vabo

Professional

• "vabo" is male

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 5:50pm

Home team advantage, Japan edition. I expect something even more ridiculous for the men's tournament.

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 6:09pm

Of course, they have 2 country to help :lol:

I specify I don't have big problem with a little help for the host like being considering head series (unless the host is a poor volleyball country like Georgia...), on the contrary, I do agree it's 'necessary'.

But the formula shouldn't be made for that...

Social bookmarks