2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• I wish Maja was still playing for NT. It's weird watching SRB team without her

• I know Iceland is really bad but since I never really heard anything about them in volleybal, I will say they are not THAT horrible vs SRB (one of the best teams in the world) I hope they can get even better over the years and build good Youth teams etc.

• It is a good thing we are playing against cyprus tonight - any other team, maybe outside Iceland would totally destroy us :down:

Unfortunately it is true.. take a look at our men's team. They played brilliant against good Iran thanks to very good training. And girls...? Do they train at all? These stupid balls which falls on our side give sad picture. The only chance that we will will against Serbia is well performance of Tomsia and Medrzyk. Plesnierowicz with these few balls played much better than Wołosz. I like her.

• I think Russia, Turkey, Netherlands, Germany, Serbia, Italy, Bulgaria and Poland may take the ticket of WCH :whistle: if Belgium will be lucky and maybe they can take one instead of these teams :whistling: but it's unfair give a chance only 8 teams in EU :thumbdown: at least they have to give a chance 9 teams from EU ?(

That's at least much better as for Olympics, where the qualification rules are a big disadvantage for European teams and reduce quality of Olympic competition.

• Unfortunately it is true.. take a look at our men's team. They played brilliant against good Iran thanks to very good training. And girls...? Do they train at all? These stupid balls which falls on our side give sad picture. The only chance that we will will against Serbia is well performance of Tomsia and Medrzyk. Plesnierowicz with these few balls played much better than Wołosz. I like her.

I just want to say that they started from higher level than girls ;) That is reality right now. And as you wrote in my opinion word "good" before Iran is key. Moreover, there was 10000 people on the hall etc. etc. And they really hate Iran too. While the girls played with weak team, unknown, in empty hall.
    We will see in next days how it will look.

• Unfortunately it is true.. take a look at our men's team. They played brilliant against good Iran thanks to very good training. And girls...? Do they train at all? These stupid balls which falls on our side give sad picture. The only chance that we will will against Serbia is well performance of Tomsia and Medrzyk. Plesnierowicz with these few balls played much better than Wołosz. I like her.

But Poland against Iran was a friendly game, girls also won their friendly matches against Belgium, even 3 of them.
    But playing under pressure in WCH qualies is rather different.

• Zivkovic's serve really saved the 3rd set, Czech Republic could have taken it if they had a little more composure

• Zivkovic's serve really saved the 3rd set, Czech Republic could have taken it if they had a little more composure

Since Helena Havelkova is not playing anymore for Czech NT, quality has decreased despite Michaela Mlejnková does a great job. And even without Milena Rasic and Maja Ognjenovic Olympic silver medal winner Serbia is clearly stronger.

• Anyone have a link for the Serbia-Cyprus match?

• Looking at the pool compsition again - how the hell did FIVB/CEV allow the draw to be so unbalanced? Pool F is a complete and utter joke. None of these teams could be ranked higher than 3rd place in pool C. Pool A is only slightly better. Russia, then huge gap, then Croatia, then another huge gap.
    Looking forward to Turkey vs Bulgaria, it should be a cracker. Pools D and E also promise some excitement.

• Looking at the pool compsition again - how the hell did FIVB/CEV allow the draw to be so unbalanced? Pool F is a complete and utter joke. None of these teams could be ranked higher than 3rd place in pool C. Pool A is only slightly better. Russia, then huge gap, then Croatia, then another huge gap.
    Looking forward to Turkey vs Bulgaria, it should be a cracker. Pools D and E also promise some excitement.

So far I know the European ranking list was used for setting the teams, which has some deviations from the FIVB world ranking. Either way, the groups are definitely not on the same level.

• I've heard it is because of Cyrpus and Iceland want to prepare for CEV Small Countries Championships. Now, I see it will be played one month from now. So I don't know if it's the official reason.

Germany is 3rd in CEV ranking so... What counts is ECH 2013&2015, WCH 2014 and WGP 2016. And they still have many points for 2013 ECH, however they will fall after this year to 6/7th place for sure. I guess they just got lucky, cause they would not advance for sure in any other group :white:

• Anyone knows any link to watch the REPLAY with good quality (tv camera i/o static one; adequate resolution)? Thanks in advance

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”