You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 6:37pm

I don`t like these SRB uniforms. They make them look heavier.

m28

Beginner

• "m28" is female

Favourite Team: Serbia NT, Russia NT, Netherlands NT

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Veljkovic, Rasic, Kosheleva, Zhu Ting, De Kruijf, Zaryazhko

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 6:43pm

I wish Maja was still playing for NT. It's weird watching SRB team without her

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 6:56pm

I know Iceland is really bad but since I never really heard anything about them in volleybal, I will say they are not THAT horrible vs SRB (one of the best teams in the world) I hope they can get even better over the years and build good Youth teams etc.

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 9:30pm

It is a good thing we are playing against cyprus tonight - any other team, maybe outside Iceland would totally destroy us :down:

WZP

Professional

• "WZP" is male

Favourite Team: Polish National Teams

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 10:00pm

It is a good thing we are playing against cyprus tonight - any other team, maybe outside Iceland would totally destroy us :down:

Unfortunately it is true.. take a look at our men's team. They played brilliant against good Iran thanks to very good training. And girls...? Do they train at all? These stupid balls which falls on our side give sad picture. The only chance that we will will against Serbia is well performance of Tomsia and Medrzyk. Plesnierowicz with these few balls played much better than Wołosz. I like her.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 6:29am

I think Russia, Turkey, Netherlands, Germany, Serbia, Italy, Bulgaria and Poland may take the ticket of WCH :whistle: if Belgium will be lucky and maybe they can take one instead of these teams :whistling: but it's unfair give a chance only 8 teams in EU :thumbdown: at least they have to give a chance 9 teams from EU ?(

That's at least much better as for Olympics, where the qualification rules are a big disadvantage for European teams and reduce quality of Olympic competition.

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 11:01am

Unfortunately it is true.. take a look at our men's team. They played brilliant against good Iran thanks to very good training. And girls...? Do they train at all? These stupid balls which falls on our side give sad picture. The only chance that we will will against Serbia is well performance of Tomsia and Medrzyk. Plesnierowicz with these few balls played much better than Wołosz. I like her.

I just want to say that they started from higher level than girls ;) That is reality right now. And as you wrote in my opinion word "good" before Iran is key. Moreover, there was 10000 people on the hall etc. etc. And they really hate Iran too. While the girls played with weak team, unknown, in empty hall.
We will see in next days how it will look.

7UP

Receiver

• "7UP" is male

Favourite Team: NT: Poland (Women)

Favourite Players: Gosia Glinka, Anna Werblińska

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 12:02pm

But Poland against Iran was a friendly game, girls also won their friendly matches against Belgium, even 3 of them.
But playing under pressure in WCH qualies is rather different.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 5:24pm

Seemed like a relatively straightforward victory for Serbia. Good blocking performance and great numbers by Bošković. I guess the starters will be rested tomorrow.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 5:32pm

Zivkovic's serve really saved the 3rd set, Czech Republic could have taken it if they had a little more composure

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 6:01pm

Zivkovic's serve really saved the 3rd set, Czech Republic could have taken it if they had a little more composure

Since Helena Havelkova is not playing anymore for Czech NT, quality has decreased despite Michaela Mlejnková does a great job. And even without Milena Rasic and Maja Ognjenovic Olympic silver medal winner Serbia is clearly stronger.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 6:04pm

That's how matches between these two teams go most of the time, there always seems to be at least one really close set.

I hope they take Slovakia seriously, I'll never forget the ECh '07 mess. :aww:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 6:06pm

Since Helena Havelkova is not playing anymore for Czech NT, (...)
She's injured, not retired.

m28

Beginner

• "m28" is female

Favourite Team: Serbia NT, Russia NT, Netherlands NT

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Veljkovic, Rasic, Kosheleva, Zhu Ting, De Kruijf, Zaryazhko

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 4:03pm

Anyone have a link for the Serbia-Cyprus match?

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 5:45pm

Looking at the pool compsition again - how the hell did FIVB/CEV allow the draw to be so unbalanced? Pool F is a complete and utter joke. None of these teams could be ranked higher than 3rd place in pool C. Pool A is only slightly better. Russia, then huge gap, then Croatia, then another huge gap.
Looking forward to Turkey vs Bulgaria, it should be a cracker. Pools D and E also promise some excitement.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 10:38pm

Looking at the pool compsition again - how the hell did FIVB/CEV allow the draw to be so unbalanced? Pool F is a complete and utter joke. None of these teams could be ranked higher than 3rd place in pool C. Pool A is only slightly better. Russia, then huge gap, then Croatia, then another huge gap.
Looking forward to Turkey vs Bulgaria, it should be a cracker. Pools D and E also promise some excitement.

So far I know the European ranking list was used for setting the teams, which has some deviations from the FIVB world ranking. Either way, the groups are definitely not on the same level.

korsak

Beginner

Friday, May 26th 2017, 10:05am

Why this B group plays early (23-28 May) than others groups (31.05 - 04.06)?

Phil

Professional

• "Phil" is male

Favourite Team: Atom Trefl - Azeryol - Vakıfbank - Modena - RC Cannes

Favourite Players: Chen Wan Ting, Nootsara Tomkom, Maja Ognjenović, Neslihan Demir, Samanta Fabris, Anna Werblińska, Erika Coimbra, Erika Araki, Piyanut Pannoy

Friday, May 26th 2017, 10:17am

I've heard it is because of Cyrpus and Iceland want to prepare for CEV Small Countries Championships. Now, I see it will be played one month from now. So I don't know if it's the official reason.

7UP

Receiver

• "7UP" is male

Favourite Team: NT: Poland (Women)

Favourite Players: Gosia Glinka, Anna Werblińska

Friday, May 26th 2017, 10:57am

Germany is 3rd in CEV ranking so... What counts is ECH 2013&2015, WCH 2014 and WGP 2016. And they still have many points for 2013 ECH, however they will fall after this year to 6/7th place for sure. I guess they just got lucky, cause they would not advance for sure in any other group :white:

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Friday, May 26th 2017, 6:01pm

Anyone knows any link to watch the REPLAY with good quality (tv camera i/o static one; adequate resolution)? Thanks in advance

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Social bookmarks