2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• is it just me, or Tomsia hits the ball when she's already falling down? i think that's why she gets blocked so many times, obviously that's just my opinion

• The goal for Serbia was to win the matches as quickly and with as little effort as possible because most players were very tired and they had basically no time to prepare for this tournament. So it made sesne that Živković would keep it simple, Bošković is in excellent form and using her was the safest bet.

I'm sure they'll work more on using the MBs over the summer and also that Antonijević will have a bigger role on the team. She couldn't be used so much in Warsaw because she either never played with most of her current teammates or did it a very long time ago, so it would have been a bit risky.

• Serbia is such a blessed team with MBs. Vakifbank nearly collapsed without Rasic but Serbia still has Stevanovic and Veljkovic plus on the bench Ninkovic and Popovic who (when healthy) play on a high level too, so nobody really misses Rasic now. Might have been different against strong opponents, but for Europe Stevanovic and Veljkovic will do the job against everyone.

They also have Saviç and Kociç. This is not fair :lol:

I really don't like Tomsia's game. Smarzek is also not making any progress as OH. She is not only terrible at reception but also at offence. At least she was able to kill the ball as Opp. Maybe she should be used as Opp instead of forcing her as OH

• They also have Saviç and Kociç. This is not fair :lol:

I really don't like Tomsia's game. Smarzek is also not making any progress as OH. She is not only terrible at reception but also at offence. At least she was able to kill the ball as Opp. Maybe she should be used as Opp instead of forcing her as OH

Smarzek was playing very well until that match with Modena in CL and from that time she is óut of shape :whistle:

• Nobody posted the list of individual awards.
    Best Setter - Zivkovic
    Best OH1 - Mihajlovic
    Best OH2 - Mlejnkova
    Best libero - Popovic
    Best MB1 - Veljkovic
    Best MB2 - Kakolewska
    Best OPP - Boskovic
    MVP - Boskovic

• Yeah, this is pretty dumb indeed. I'm sure it's only meant to be a bit of fun but it is still a stupid thing to do

• OMG, they weren't being racist. I mean, I get why this gesture can be taken as offensive, but in Serbian culture it's something completely harmless and not at all malicious. They were just excited to be going to Japan, and they've all said a bunch of times that they really like it there.

• OMG, they weren't being racist. I mean, I get why this gesture can be taken as offensive, but in Serbian culture it's something completely harmless and not at all malicious. They were just excited to be going to Japan, and they've all said a bunch of times that they really like it there.

But, this is a racist gesture. What is worse is that Mikajlovic plays in China and played in Japan. It would have been easy to say, you know ladies, I have friends in both places, maybe we shouldn't do this. We want this sport to love its stars, no matter where they are from. Doing this type of thing does not help the sport.

The Spanish basketball team did this same gesture before going to Beijing for the Olympics.

Article

• It is very reckless of them! Probably there was no bad intentions but they should be more sensitive about this kind of 'secret' racism :whistle:

• Big surprise: Olesia Rykhliuk is in Ukraine roster for WCHQ :white: In the last years she always refused the invitations as far as I remember.

Peretiatko-Rykhliuk
    Kozlova-Kodola
    Trushkina-Molodtsova

Not bad starting lineup. UKR-AZE match will be interesting. Mammadova said she was retired from NT many times but she is still there