European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• so today its Smarzek vs Germany :rolll: there is an interview with Glinka today remembering that 2003 Glinka-Germany match, and she said there must be find somebody who can score in polish Nt.

• Wow Smarzek is a real leader of Polish NT :super:

• Those reverse sets from Germany are really bad.

It didn't help that Brinker decided to call it a day too early during the tiebreak.

German hitters are so afraid of the block. They are going to be in a lot of trouble against Azerbaijan if Lipmann have another day like this.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• so today its Smarzek vs Germany :rolll: there is an interview with Glinka today remembering that 2003 Glinka-Germany match, and she said there must be find somebody who can score in polish Nt.

Today was a big deja vu. In 2003 we were also leading 19-15 in 4th set and then collapsed. Back then Glinka scored 40 pts, today Smarzek 36. The only difference is that back then both teams were really good, today both teams were really bad except for Smarzek.

Now we're in a situation that we must beat Hungary in order to not be eliminated after preliminaries. Or rather we have to make sure not to beat ourselves against Hungary...

• yes, it was a great match from Smarzek, she was playing in euphoria but overally the match was weak and the teams are much weaker than the ones in 2003, lets be honest :) and I hope that match against Azerbaijan will not end by Azeri girls killing Poland on the net and fast 3:0..

• Today was a big deja vu. In 2003 we were also leading 19-15 in 4th set and then collapsed. Back then Glinka scored 40 pts, today Smarzek 36. The only difference is that back then both teams were really good, today both teams were really bad except for Smarzek.

Now we're in a situation that we must beat Hungary in order to not be eliminated after preliminaries. Or rather we have to make sure not to beat ourselves against Hungary...

2003 was that match when Dummler was blocked 4 times in row? probably that was that 3:2 in 2005 right? 2003 OH´s were Grun and Atika...I really dont remember clearly that :D

• 2003 was that match when Dummler was blocked 4 times in row? probably that was that 3:2 in 2005 right? 2003 OH´s were Grun and Atika...I really dont remember clearly that :D

In 2003 we played with Grün and Bouagaa. Now that you mention it I remember the other drama match from 2005 :aww: The worst ECH ever played by any German team with 11th place.

• I hope that Smarzek will keep this shape to the last Polands match in this tournament. Its only pity that we dont have one scoring OH and I hope that Kakolewska will back to better shape.
    I didnt see stats yet, but from German NT Geerties was really good, ecpecially in attack block-aut.

• In 2003 we played with Grün and Bouagaa. Now that you mention it I remember the other drama match from 2005 :aww: The worst ECH ever played by any German team with 11th place.

OMG, I remember that Serbia beat Germany in the first round and how shocking and unexpected it was. I was so excited! I thought that maybe we could even win a medal! And then they went on to lose to Barbara Jelić in the next round. I clearly remember Terzić doing a perfect Karch Kiraly impersonation, as he kept telling them to take it easy, it's going to be OK, she can't keep it like this. Except that she did. :rolll:
    And how awful Jelena Nikolić played the whole tournament, and it was the first time the most people in Serbia ever watched the women's NT and people were ripping her to shreds in their comments :hit: Much later she admitted that she got so depressed after that tournament that she even thought about quitting volleyball.
    And Vesna Čitaković throwing a hissy fit when a Croatian journalist asked her why she's always chewing gum during matches :rolll:

Ah, the memories :D

• OMG, I remember that Serbia beat Germany in the first round and how shocking and unexpected it was. I was so excited! I thought that maybe we could even win a medal! And then they went on to lose to Barbara Jelić in the next round. I clearly remember Terzić doing a perfect Karch Kiraly impersonation, as he kept telling them to take it easy, it's going to be OK, she can't keep it like this. Except that she did. :rolll:
    And how awful Jelena Nikolić played the whole tournament, and it was the first time the most people in Serbia ever watched the women's NT and people were ripping her to shreds in their comments :hit: Much later she admitted that she got so depressed after that tournament that she even thought about quitting volleyball.
    And Vesna Čitaković throwing a hissy fit when a Croatian journalist asked her why she's always chewing gum during matches :rolll:

Ah, the memories :D

Maybe a little off-top, but are in Serbian media/web any matches with Serbian team from ECH 2005?

• Even though Louisa Lippman lost the game, she has won something over, the eyes of me. I did not knew the team of Germany had such a high quality beauty, Goncharova-esque (almost), in the their shell. Even though she was completely outshined playing-wise by her OPP counterpart on the other side of the net, Smarzek, I have to say she shined more than the polish one in her own way.