European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• lets see how the today's matches will be concluded

the matches i wonder how they' will end are :
    Bul-Ukr : lets see if Ukraine team is really that good or not ?
    Cze - Bel : i guess Bel will win but it could be a close match
    Ser - Ned : two good teams will face each other.whether Ned will finally beat Serbia or not? the former lacks good setters the latter lacks its bets MB
    Tur - Rus :Turkey cant beat Russia in ECH for a few years..lets see if this time Turkey will land on both its feet?

• Ser - Ned : two good teams will face each other.whether Ned will finally beat Serbia or not? the former lacks good setters the latter lacks its bets MB
    Tur - Rus :Turkey cant beat Russia in ECH for a few years..lets see if this time Turkey will land on both its feet?

I'm unlucky, the – imho – most interesting matches are practically at the same hour (20.00 and 20.30 local), which happen to be also the time of the Italian match (20.00) :(

• Why is Hanna Orthmann not in NT?

Good question. She wasn't really great in the last league season but she's a talent we need to develop. My guess is that she needed the summer off to prevent herself from too much exhaustion and also too much pressure. It's not easy to be considered a big talent...

• Good question. She wasn't really great in the last league season but she's a talent we need to develop. My guess is that she needed the summer off to prevent herself from too much exhaustion and also too much pressure. It's not easy to be considered a big talent...

Even if she wasn't great this year, she can't be worse than these miserable OH/OPP Germany has now. This is the right time for Germany to try out new solutions and new young players, since good results can't be achieved anyway.

• Ukraine is playing really good.. reliable attacks from Kodola, Chernuchka and Trushkina, while Bulgaria is struggling too much in reception and can't get over Ukraine's defense!

• Bulgaria has a good setter. Ukraine has a good libero.

Such sad irony. Both of these teams can be really good if they only have the player the other team got. :drink:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ukraine is playing really good.. reliable attacks from Kodola, Chernuchka and Trushkina, while Bulgaria is struggling too much in reception and can't get over Ukraine's defense!

They've lost their best chance in the first set that they've narrowly lost. Things are more complex for them now as they get out of steam - tired after y-day's five-setter, I bet.

• Bulgaria has a good setter. Ukraine has a good libero.

Such sad irony. Both of these teams can be really good if they only have the player the other team got. :drink:

I agree completely. Ukraine is really surprising me this ECH though still. On the other side especcially Bulgarian libero has been really horrible throughout the match. Maybe they can develop the missing piece of the cake though next few years. *crossing finger*

• Lol the challenge system though.

Ball In/Out = No

:rolll:

There was a weird situation yesterday when the video replay showed that Bošković's serve had clearly caught the line, but the referees still decided it's out. Serbia was leading comfortably at the time, so it wasn't really a big deal, but imagine if something like this happens at 13-13 in the 5th set. :S

• There was a weird situation yesterday when the video replay showed that Bošković's serve had clearly caught the line, but the referees still decided it's out. Serbia was leading comfortably at the time, so it wasn't really a big deal, but imagine if something like this happens at 13-13 in the 5th set. :S

Yea that can become a big problem. Let's hope it doesn't happen often is all I can say sadly... :( I just don't understand why volleyball challenge system is so bad though. They should make line just like it is in tennis. I think they tried something like that not so long ago but whole thing was a fail ofc. What is the point of challenges if it is like this :aww:

Btw Ukraine definitely out of steam today...

• Bad decision by the Ukrainian trainer to sub Stepaniuk so quickly. Both players replacing her did a worse job with more errors than gains.

Meanwhile, it is pretty interesting that all 3 slavic teams in group C have terrible setters while they have pretty good wing attackers and tall blocks. It would make a big difference for any of these 3 teams to have a slightly more decent setter. :box: