European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• I think Ukraine is having problem against solid servers. In tie-break, Bulgaria had 2 of their best servers in serve line in a row, first Kitipova, then Rabadzhieva and they made a very long serie. Turkey can have an easy time to finish the group 1st if they keep the serve pressure against these 3 teams.

• Still scary for any team in that Baku group.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Too bad Ukraine couldn't keep up the level of the first three sets.. they totally collapsed, especially in the tie break. I enjoyed the game as long as the two teams were battling, pity for Ukraine!

• Let us hope that this ECh is not over for Ukraine. A day of rest - and who knows, they may grab their win.

Well since I'm Turkish, I can't hope for that to happen :lol:

PS: Croatia is so bad ahahah they're gonna lose a set vs Georgia. I remember someone here said so many great Opp's in Europe like Boskovic, Egonu etc. and then mentioned Fabris & Barun while we have Meryem and Polen. Which was degrading towards them and I agree sure they are not Egonu/Tijana but I'd have them over Fabris and Barun any day tbh :whistle:

• Altinli don't even compare Barun with this two Turkish OPP or even Fabris whoch is plaYing as OH this ECH. They are playing with Grbac and your opps are playing with Naz. Just don't.

• I like Croatian team and I have no negative stereotypes about anything, but it's definitely unfair to blame Grbac all the time for playing bad, It's just the whole team, not only the setter. If you see each player of Croatian team, they are pretty good and playing in good clubs (not all of them but obviously the main players are) however when they get to play as a team on the field, they are not a match. I don't think Ognjenovic or Antonijevic whom I can come up with "the best setters in Europe" question could make a miracle difference with the pretty bad team vibes honestly :(

• Altinli don't even compare Barun with this two Turkish OPP or even Fabris whoch is plaYing as OH this ECH. They are playing with Grbac and your opps are playing with Naz. Just don't.

I agree on crovolley. Comparing Barun and Fabris with Meryem and Polen is a shame. Barun and Fabris have been carrying their teams on their shoulders for some years, while Polen is a bench queen and Meryem is a star of mediocre teams. No team would use any of Meryem & Polen in champions league unless they have to. I actually think Guidetti will sooner or later use Hande as opposite in this tournament, at least I hope so :wavy:

• I like Croatian team and I have no negative stereotypes about anything, but it's definitely unfair to blame Grbac all the time for playing bad, It's just the whole team, not only the setter. If you see each player of Croatian team, they are pretty good and playing in good clubs (not all of them but obviously the main players are) however when they get to play as a team on the field, they are not a match. I don't think Ognjenovic or Antonijevic whom I can come up with "the best setters in Europe" question could make a miracle difference with the pretty bad team vibes honestly :(

I agree. Their is not spirit in them at all.
    But i will just laugh so hard if you compare someone like Polen and second Turksih opp with Barun. Just lol.

• that is the group of death for sure. how did UKR,BUL end up together with RUS and TUR?

I agree! These teams all could qualify if they were playing in different groups. It's unfortunate that teams like Croatia&Georgia are in the same group for example.

• Yes, Turkish OPPs are weak and Grbac is clearly not as spectacular (I'm not sure if it's a good word for this) as Akyol (Although I don't really like her either), well, I know it sounds boring but no team in the world is perfect and every team has its pros and corns, so just be grateful for what you've got.

My stream has stopped, could any of you possibly link me a better one? :thumbsup:

• You know what I think is a shame? Putting Egonu and Boskovic in a same sentence with Fabris. I don't hate Croatian team I'm simply ashamed for them. I even wanted Fabris in my fav team FB if you guys remember. But everytime I saw her after it was a huge disappointment and yes I know she plays as OH atm.

• Yes, Turkish OPPs are weak and Grbac is clearly not as spectacular (I'm not sure if it's a good word for this) as Akyol (Although I don't really like her either), well, I know it sounds boring but no team in the world is perfect and every team has its pros and corns, so just be grateful for what you've got.

My stream has stopped, could any of you possibly link me a better one? :thumbsup:

1XBET

You can always use this betting site if nothing else works. Not the best quality at all, but at least it always works...

• OMG, with no offense, but Georgia is simply hopeless. And again, no crowd in the hall.
    Somebody needs to explain me why the were choose as host :S

Not that hopeless after all :lol: :lol:
    Croatia :aww: :wall:
    I admit I wanted to add 'Georgia can win a set in this ECh only if the opponent suicides', then I didn't wrote it, thinking 'c'mon, how can Croatia lost a set vs them?'
    Oh fly.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of Fabris but Barun absolutely rocked the past Italian Championship, imho. And she did it in every fundamental, practically.

that is the group of death for sure. how did UKR,BUL end up together with RUS and TUR?

I guess having Georgia (but also Aze, even if I like their team) as 'head' in the distribution of the teams in the pools can lead to strange things like that...

• Thanks beri, I actually am watching Czech Republic - Belgium.
    Vincourova is overplaying Van de Vyver :white: