European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• You know what I think is a shame? Putting Egonu and Boskovic in a same sentence with Fabris. I don't hate Croatian team I'm simply ashamed for them. I even wanted Fabris in my fav team FB if you guys remember. But everytime I saw her after it was a huge disappointment and yes I know she plays as OH atm.

I agree on that too! Egonu and Boskovic are totally in a different level. Same with Zhu, who is neither european nor an opposite :)

• Belgium and their typical collaption :S Edit : Of course, Czech girls also started to join it...

I wish Czech Republic had at least decent MBs who can attack and make a good impact on blocking too.

• Croatian Team is such a shame. Losing one set is more than embarrassing against such a Kindergarten Volleyball Team from Georgia, but even the 4th Set is close... They should go through the Backdoor after that Match and never comming back :sos: ?(

• Jeez, both Van Hecke and Havlickova never manage to finish the set when it's definitely needed...

• Georgia's player No.4 is 41 years old :obey:
    For the first time I see a player who is over 40 on the women's international competition.

• Van de vyver :down: Don't know what went wrong in her development but her creativity is terrible compared to 3-4 years ago. It's a really dissapointing era for European volleyball considering the quality of setters. Even the best teams like Italy, Russia, Netherlands, Serbia have so so setters. To me Naz is probably the best setter of this tournament on paper. Too bad Malinov is injured and Antonijevic had to be cut.

• It's a really dissapointing era for European volleyball considering the quality of setters. Even the best teams like Italy, Russia, Netherlands, Serbia have so so setters. To me Naz is probably the best setter of this tournament on paper. Too bad Malinov is injured and Antonijevic had to be cut.

I agree!

• If I were Fabris and Barun I'd just skip the NT altogether and have vacations every year. Better to enjoy yourself and avoid injuries than take part in such a mess. :whistle:

By the way, I don't think Belgium is ever gonna get any other good results as long as Van de Vyver is setting. Isn't there anyone even slightly better in Belgian league or...?

• Yes, no wonder why she couldn't take Dirickx's spot until she announced her official retirement. I actually think Frauke would have been playing a lot better than Ilka, well of course if her body allows her to play.

• Keeping fingers crossed for Czech Republic, just one more set :rose:

• I love Vincourova's setting posture, so elegant and soft.
    I feel sorry for Heyrman, she scores so well when she plays with a good setter but with Van de Vyver, she's not special. This Belgian team is a big disappointment.

• I love Vincourova's setting posture, so elegance and soft.
    I feel sorry for Heyrman, she scores so well when she plays with a good setter but with Van de Vyver, she's not special. This Belgian team is a big disappointment.

Same with Leys. She is such a great receiver and defender and did a decent job in attacking when she played with Gamze in GS but Ilka is avoiding her as much as possible.

• Perhaps I need to correct myself about Czech MBs. Struskova by far is the best scorer of the team with 15 points :super:
    Both teams are pretty much on the same level, it's just a matter of fact which team collapses sooner and how deeply gets unstable... also I need to mention that it's amazing how bad the connection between Van de Vyver and Heyrman is, considering how many years they have played together.

• Van de vyver :down: Don't know what went wrong in her development but her creativity is terrible compared to 3-4 years ago. It's a really dissapointing era for European volleyball considering the quality of setters. Even the best teams like Italy, Russia, Netherlands, Serbia have so so setters. To me Naz is probably the best setter of this tournament on paper. Too bad Malinov is injured and Antonijevic had to be cut.

Turkey actually has the two best setters at this tournament IMO

• Oh dear! Ilka's not only setting but personality is strange! She gave a set to Herbots while Herbots dug a ball and was not present for attacking at zone 4, then Ilka complains to Herbots :mad:

• That's not the first time her doing that actually :S I know she's focused and eager to win but that's not a good attitude.

Czech Republic got the game finally! Their MBs definitely deserve a positive mention, also Vincourova simply overplayed Van de Vyver.