European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• I'm glad we won but... Our game was quite poor imho :S Many mistakes in attack and in general, only 2 blocks (vs 9), 6 aces vs 12... I got the sensation we struggled for the whole match except a small part of the 4th when we took a good lead (that we didn't entirely keep, btw).

Plus, Moky stopped playing due to back ache :( But Parrocchiale replaced her quite well imho.

I must say I didn't remember Belarus being so good in defense, probably because in my mind I I associate Belarus with physicality, and consequently with 'physical' fundamental.

is marika bianchini playing??? is she even part of the line up??? is she playing opp or outside. eurovolley tweeted italy's starting 6 with bianchini's name.

She've never been in the NT this summer...

Belarus Italy match seems exciting...

I guess my disappointment about our game didn't let me consider it exciting, but I imagine it may be consider like that from a neutral perspective, there were some fought actions after all.

• Even Russia's libero is having trouble with the passing ugh. Is Kryuchokva not listed foe this tournament?

• I watched part of Serbia x Netherlands and now I'm watching Russia x Turkey and I find the level of the matches very awful...

• Belien needs to see her psychiatrist. Her serve needs to go in when it needs to. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Turkey doesn't have better OPP than Meryem Boz ?? She is tragic.

• Eda is ones agains showing how good She is. What a :super: blocker

• I watched part of Serbia x Netherlands and now I'm watching Russia x Turkey and I find the level of the matches very awful...

I agree that the level of the competition this year does not look very good and none of the teams are playing that great. Hopefully they will improve by the QF stage...

• I don't think level is that bad, there are nice attacks and killer blocks from both sides. RUS seems helpless as long as TUR keep serving like this. Naz distributes sets quite well, Gözde was doing great at reception and finally she started to contributed in attack too :super:

• This match has been OK, I was just making a comment about the general level of the tournament from what I have seen so far

• Did really Maleseviç received 57 out of 65 receptions :huh: :white:

• Russia going all out power... I wonder how long their receiving can hold...

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• SRB vs NED was so, so, so weird. Serbia started out simply playing no defence. Nothing. Every hit by the Dutch was a point by default, basically. I was afraid there was going to be a total demolition job, but they improved bit by bit and somehow managed to sneak out the set. How, I'll never know. Those three missed serves in a row at the end of the set, my God...
    The 2nd set, the Dutch reception totally fell apart. It was already bad right from the start, but now Serbia actually managed to put some serves in for a change and it was over quickly.
    In the third set Plak was keeping her team in play for a long time, but eventually ran out of steam. Sloetjes was rather poor, Buijs even worse.

Fantastic display by Bošković. The number of total trash sets she managed to turn into kills is unreal. Mihajlović much better than yesterday, Veljković extremely decisive.
    In general, the individual performances were almost all good to excellent, but the team play is lacking. Defensive work leaves much to be desired and there's just too much overall clumsiness and confusion in their play. And all those missed serves.
    But I thought it would be even worse, so hey.

• Kosheleva/Goncharova not receiving will cause problems for Russia. One of them has to receive sometimes. Voronkova is actually holding well but she's not on the level of Frolova who can handle a two-receiving systen.

#FreeBritney