European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• Germany qualifies atleast for the 1/8 final.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Having Sloetjes and Plak on the court at the same time worked yesterday for NED, to an extent. Plak is a big liability in reception as we all know, but honestly, she wasn't doing any worse than Buijs who received horrendously in the 2nd set and almost single-handedly killed her team, while their contribution in attack is incomparable.

It could be an option, Plak as non -receiving OH.

Guidetti already did (reception Grothues - Schoot) it and also previous season in Novara it was like that (receiving by Picci and Sansonna)

My main point is about Sloetjes' current shape: a disaster; the same for Buijs. If Sloetjes, Buijs and Grothues are on court together, having only one MB (Beliën) it is a disaster.

So, Plak at Opp or OH, doesn't matter to me. She is in good shape at the moment. The team needs her!

• Look Croatia crushed Belarus in first two sets (25:10, 25:15), Croatia crushed Georgia in first two sets (25:13, 25:12) but everything after this first two sets is PURE DISASTER from us.

Today We played very good and if didn't lost against Italy in 1set(25:23) after We were leading by 4 points this match could go in so diffrent way. We played very good in 3rd and 4th set so I don't see why We wouldn't put great match again Holland. They are not what they have been last ECH or at RIO. Everything is still open.

For Holland is bigger problem MBs not OHs or OPP. Sloetjes had 52% in attack, Belien had 38% that is super bad for MB and other MB is just no.

• To me, we are being harsh to Turkey. This team has the capability of winning all rest of the matches and win gold. Guidetti needs to make his mind and give up on some Vakifbank players and stay away from his emotions. Tomorrow, he should start with Gamze-Neriman, Hande-Guldeniz, Eda-Kubra, Simge (L) or Gizem/Merve duo together.

No one is saying anything different really, we all agree this team has a realistic chance of medals on paper, I'll repeat myself, a bronze medal in 15 years is unacceptable, just by pure luck we should have medalled more over the years, it's amazing. But did you see the collapse in the 1st set? I have rarely seen anything like it, staggering at this level and with players experienced at the highest level, something is broken that is obvious, every other set we play we have a melt down, you'll never get out the of the groups never mind win anything with that kind of team play. They deserve the criticism.

BUT funnily enough it could all change around, if we beat Ukraine, IF, we'll play Poland most likely in the play offs, assuming Azeris beat Germany if not it's up in the air, but it's a good match up if we avoid Azerbaijan and play POL or GER. Then we'll play Russia in the QFs, yes tough draw but you need to beat the best to get anywhere late on. It still looks doable on paper. The problem is the team spirit and dynamics, something is wrong there THAT'S the concerning thing.

Every player seems to have mental pressure problems, which is ridiculous just go out and play try your best if we lose it's fine, It is utterly stupid to beat your self, we do this a lot, that is what frustrates me. Eda is the only player performing to a respectable level. They all have this mentally ill person expressions on their faces, they hardly smile, if we don't fix it or come out of it we are f****d frankly to be crude.

Merve, Gamze, Neriman, Hande, Eda, Kubra the final attacker position we are lacking in, Gozde/Guldeniz combo? if Gozde goes full retard at least Guldeniz can play some defence, I have no idea, I suspect Guiddetti doesn't either what to do there.I don't want to see Polen anywhere on court and Meryem Boz she has failed big time so far. Libero wise Simge is not a player to play at this level, and Gizem has proven highly unreliable, Merve is a solid option who won't kill her team.

• oh my FREAKING *********... now neriman and kubra have a different name in their shirts????? when will women stop changing their names? i can't keep track anymore!!!!

look at pankova. her shirt is back to pankova. did she divorce mr. kosianenko? why do they keep doing this?

i'm about to lose it!

• oh my FREAKING *********... now neriman and kubra have a different name in their shirts????? when will women stop changing their names? i can't keep track anymore!!!!

look at pankova. her shirt is back to pankova. did she divorce mr. kosianenko? why do they keep doing this?

i'm about to lose it!

I agree! It's quite silly, especially when Neriman kept her own surname and is Neriman Özsoy Gencyurek. Then why does she use Gencyurek on her jersey??? I wonder what Gözde had, Bracceschi? I know Gizem now has "Guner" instead of Örge too :hit:

• on Bul-Tur : i stopped watching it after Dobriana's serve series..Turkey's reception almost collapsed..Neriman's playing well againt Russia was not that good bcz she couldnt refreshed herself in a short time for this match .

now Turkey will play a tough match against Ukraine..im sure Ukrainian girls believe themselves after two good match..Turkish girls should do their best..Gamze,Güldeniz,Hande should be used

i also belive Turkey needs new generations new players..

though i dont like her mistakes,focus on the game at times however Hande Baladın should be a starter for upcoming tournament anymore and she shouldnt be a bench player in VVSL..she will has to learn how to receive etc..
    Tuğba Şenoğlu also could be thought instead of Gözde (she will most probably retire after this tournament).She can do what Dobriana has been doing for Bulgaria..passing and attacking..
    Turkey needs a leading OPP like Neslihan Demir..this is a serious problem.i cant see anyone around ?

i just ckecked the results..congrats Croatia.they played a good game against a good team Italy..i never expected a :white: 25-10
    Azerbaijan has been doing well..POlina has been playing very well..good for FB

• I believe turkish team ‘s future is bright, but now the level of turkish team definitely can not get a medal in Europe! Good players become old. young players are still very unstable and unreliable!!! :teach:
    They need to wake up from the dream and come to the reality. Top club in the world does not mean top National team in the world. :teach:

Oh thanks, I thought I was the only one having this problem! Sometime I second guess myself like 3 times when I try to connect my memories about players name, their name on the jersey, and the names the users here often use!
    I really hate this habit in general (your name is your name, a marriage shouldn't change that imho) and in volleyball in particular since it drives me crazy... I needed a lot of time to understand who was this new (to me) Fromm German player you were talking about :lol:

i want to watch more of ITA matches but only one i could find on YT is x GEO, and i don't want to watch that...

Raisport in the 'volley' section should have all our matches, but I'm pretty sure they're geoblocked as well...

• Kosheleva scoring the set point in bagher :rolll:

Goncharova was playing that badly? When I started watching during the second set she wasn't on court...

I wouldn't blame it solely on her as the sets were extraordinary bad. Filishtinskaya must be thinking she has Wilfredo Leon on court.