European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• I will repeat this again, the best Russian setter is still Startseva. I told it in the beginning of this summer too and now it is proved again. Both Filistinskaia and Kosianenko are retarding their team.

She's definitely better that the two in terms of sets into two or four, got a better serve and block. There is an opinion in Rus that Sheshenina aka Babeshina is overall more gifted technically. I have to agree overall it's been long time since I've seen a more boring coach than Ushakov.

• Im sooo dissapointed on Bulgaria, what a loser performance in the end. Actually both teams are a big mess and I hope they wont go too far with these setters. I don't wanna see a team getting a medal while they simply had to substitute their setters twice every match, because they are literally terrible :white:

I expect a very different match between Turkey and one of these two teams once Guidetti makes his mind and decides to give chance to Gamze until Naz gets in shape.

• Russia not having a fixed starting players can do that for you.

Like I said before... Russia has the most flexible wing hitting roster in the World right now but using it to the fullest potential might present some big challenge especially when Kosheleva is being protected from reception. Team Dynamics will change a lot when either Frolova/Voronkova/Scherban/Parubets will come in as all of them have different strengths and weaknesses as an individual player.

It is also not helping that the new coach is probably new to the job. I for example would rather use one of my receivers to help play defense when my middle blocker is up for the serve but they are rather using the reserve receivers to replace the struggling receiver.

I mean I don't like Kosianenko at all as I feel Filishtinskaia brings more to the table than her but Russia is still experimenting with their lineups at this stage... and it is causing them problems that hopefully can be work out in the future.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I hadn't realize it's called like that only (I guess) in Italian, since it's not an Italian word... :what:

It's the fundamental you use for receiving, digging, passing. Does it have a name in English?

Italian "bagher" comes from German "Bagger" which is a machine to dig holes, Google tells me it's called excavator :D It's used here as well for the reception technique.

• I think I'm melting watching all the hot and young footballers in the commercial. :heart:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• <...>

It is also not helping that the new coach is probably new to the job. I for example would rather use one of my receivers to help play defense when my middle blocker is up for the serve but they are rather using the reserve receivers to replace the struggling receiver.

I mean I don't like Kosianenko at all as I feel Filishtinskaia brings more to the table than her but Russia is still experimenting with their lineups at this stage... and it is causing them problems that hopefully can be work out in the future.

The problem is that Ushakov is not very much new to this job. He's been a head coach of Krasnodar for four years and he's been with the NT since 2013 too. I appreciate that he doesn't burst into tears during the TOs but his colloquial skills are not particularly impressive. It feels as if he's throwing up with his words, sorry for this metaphor. Not a bad or a stupid guy but definitely not a naturally born coach.

The strange thing as for me is that this experimenting still goes on. They've been to a full-scale tourney together as a team. The degree of shakiness is just colossal. Reception and defense are not at the top level but so is the second touch.

• I really hope one day Azerbaijan will be able to compete with a native majority team, I mean it is just funny to me when Azerbaijan is blonder then Germany :rolll: Reception bit messy so far for team AZE.

Good start for Germany! Go go go!!

• The only issue with Azerbaijan is their overall age as a team.

Other teams will only get stronger if the pipeline of young talent can intertwine with the best of the veterans of their team. Experience and skill are obviously keys but when mixed it with energy of the new generation then continuity will be assured for a national team.

#FreeBritney

• Hanke's playmaking is giving Germany a lift.

Azerbaijan's primary defense is the block but once you get through it... everything else is porous.

#FreeBritney