European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• I really hope one day Azerbaijan will be able to compete with a native majority team, I mean it is just funny to me when Azerbaijan is blonder then Germany :rolll: Reception bit messy so far for team AZE.

Good start for Germany! Go go go!!

To be fair you are forgetting there are sizeable Russian, Ukranian and other ethnic population in Azerbaijan, have you heard of Stalin? and his massive crazy population movements?

• Croatia for sure has two best OPP duo.
    Katarina Barun at 4th place with 67 points and Samanta Fabris at 5th place with 64 points. Bravo girls.

Only if this two playes at their best level than We have chance to fight with Holland. As I said it would be huge surpise if We won, i would be happy with good performance and not losing like idiots as We have lost against Belarus.

• To be fair you are forgetting there are sizeable Russian, Ukranian and other ethnic population in Azerbaijan, have you heard of Stalin? and his massive crazy population movements?

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this, maybe in 1930 they had sizeable minorities but you should read something about Azerbaijan and you will get me. They have about 8-9% ethnic minorities which about 1-2% Russians? You're telling me that 91% does nothing and somehow only the minorities have found volleybal? Even Turkey has a bigger minority percentage but ofc also a bigger population. Some are not even born in Azerbaijan f.e. the most important miss Rahimova :whistle:

Edit: I checked the Ukrainian minority too and it is about 0.2% :rolll: very sizeable :roll:

• If Germany loses the third set... Azerbaijan advances to the quarterfinals.

I think if we're looking at possibilities...

Germany has better chances in a 1/8 final against Bulgaria than against Ukraine or Turkey. Think it is just simply better you are prepared knowing your opponent already than waiting for the Turkey-Ukraine result.

They also probably have better chances against Azerbaijan than against Russia for the quarterfinal.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Well then clearly the "native" population is not into sports, you might be right about that, the fact is most of these players originate from Azerbaijan. Also Rahimova, Hassanova, Yagupova, Mammadova etc these are all Turkic names, I don't know if they might have all come from abroad and married with "natives", I am not an expert. But it seems to me you are making judgements without some facts.

As for Turkey for example, our best athletes are Ethiopians and Colombians and Azeris, Kenyans AND Russians and Ukranians I could go on, how does that make us any different from the Azeris? I had even say Azeris are more legitimate in their recruiting as far as that goes.

• Germany trying to block Mammadova/Rahimova is like Jaime Lannister fighting the dragon. On the good side, after yesterday's election, I guess more money will be coming into sports in D-land.

• Kseniya (Koçyigit) Poznyak :obey: THANKS for not changing your last name in the volleyball world at least even though you're married.

she was named Kovalenko 10 years ago , so I think Poznyak is her married name or ? :D

• You can't even spell his name right. It is Ramil Guliyev and just when I said I don't care about that sport you mention it :aww: There are no 20 Ramil's in that running squad btw. This is a volleyball forum so :wavy:

Moving on from this pointless discussion. I'd like to say Polina Rahimova is still very much underrated. I think of her as one of the best spikers of the world easily.

• Ugh I'd like to remind you this is a volleyball forum. The 'big' sports in Turkey don't have many naturalized players at all. Only stuff like running maybe but I dont care about that.

But it's cool, let's not hate each other, just throwing some things out there I am not an expert in the ethinicity of Azerbaijan sports :) just saying we are even worst, but these days most countries are in the same boat. We ok, friends?

• Her current name in her instagram is Kseniya Poznyak Koçyigit. So what does she have the name of her ex-husband + current husbans :rolll: Maybe Kovalenko was second name? Idk xD

spmagnus I never said I hate you :drink:

I dont know, but she is Belarussian, if I remember well, so for 99 % Kovalenko is her maiden name :)

• Rahimova and Mammadova is as good as any out side pairing out there, their setter seems fine, at least better than the last one they had, Hassanova is doing a decent job at MB, . I don't think even the playing at home factor has kicked in yet, I am expecting that will reach it's pitch in QFs and S/Fs (if they get that far)the more i watch them the more I see them getting a medal Am I wrong?