European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• I can't believe Russia has a chance to win this championship again. They are not the best European team, but the other teams always lose to them at important matches...

• I can also see Azerbaijan win a medal, it wouldn't surprise me though their reception can be really messy at times. Offense wise they must be one of the best out there.

Turkey - Ukraine delayed ofc :( I hope not too long

• I can't believe Russia has a chance to win this championship again. They are not the best European team, but the other teams always lose to them at important matches...

Every euro i think the same thing, they are vulnerable etc. yet somehow they end up winning the thing. By the way someone mentioned Startseva, is she injured? She definitely is their premium setter IMO

• DEAD at the cameraman(perhaps) focusing on Neriman's camel toe. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• beri, sorry but this forum doesn't need a new smartass user :gone:

Lol it's cool, we are all here enjoying the same thing, volleyball. We can have disagreements, but it is what forums are for :) if we stay sensible and not blow things out of proportion.

You guys think we can pull this off against UKR? I think we'll win 3-1 or 3-0 OR lose 3-2 :thumbsup: not much of a prediction i know

Edit: wooo Turqoise colors, i am stunned, better then the awful black
    same failed line up, we can only hope they pull it together, hope the Turquoise helps

• Every euro i think the same thing, they are vulnerable etc. yet somehow they end up winning the thing. By the way someone mentioned Startseva, is she injured? She definitely is their premium setter IMO

I agree! I would never dare to underestimate them, and not for the name but for what after all they've proved on court, despite the fact they don't play my favorite volleyball (no at all actually :P).
    Obviously that doesn't mean they have to be consider unbeatable ;)

I opened TRT few minutes ago and there was soccer, now it's volleyball again, may be it was just an highlight...

• Well then clearly the "native" population is not into sports, you might be right about that, the fact is most of these players originate from Azerbaijan. Also Rahimova, Hassanova, Yagupova, Mammadova etc these are all Turkic names, I don't know if they might have all come from abroad and married with "natives", I am not an expert. But it seems to me you are making judgements without some facts.

As for Turkey for example, our best athletes are Ethiopians and Colombians and Azeris, Kenyans AND Russians and Ukranians I could go on, how does that make us any different from the Azeris? I had even say Azeris are more legitimate in their recruiting as far as that goes.

You know, they change their name when they arrive there in order to conceal the fact that they are not from "the land of fire" orginally. Mammadovas name initially was Skazka and Hasanovas was Kharchenko. I do not know about Samadova, but she represented Ukraine in some of the CEV junior/youth competitions at least two times back in the days, ca 2011-2012, and if I remember properly her name back then was not Samadova, but what was it? I can not remember myself.

By the way, regarding players representing Azeri, don`t you think Rahimova and Kosheleva is a bit of look-a-likes in terms of appearance?

• By the way, regarding players representing Azeri, don`t you think Rahimova and Kosheleva is a bit of look-a-likes in terms of appearance?

I hear you, but I don't see the similarity at all, ofc apart from both being very tall and athletic and they have both charisma :) Polina is special :p

I keep going on about Polina, it is tongue in cheek, I have never been a fan boy of individuals in team sports, but having said that she just kills me, I hate it that she has toned it down here so far. There is a very funny picture, without memes, where she is screaming/roaring at Naz Aydemirs face across the net, obviously having won a point, and Naz is like looking across at the official at the side in huge indignation and surprise with her mouth open, wooo ref look at the that bad woman soo bad, she can't do that! lol I love me some Polina