European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• Sorry I don't see any chance for Germany to win over Bulgaria. Bulgaria has to many good individual players + they are not bad team overall.

• Zoran Terzić about the organization of the championship:
    "I have nothing but praise for the hosts as far as their role in the organization is concerned. Their hospitality, the hotels, the halls, everything is in perfect order. However, the referees and the challenge system are ruining the overall impression. Referees are not living up to the level of ECh and I think it's like that in all the groups, not just ours. I don't mind them making mistakes, but not even knowing the rules is what really bothers me. And you've seen yourself what the challenge system is like. It's a disaster. We spend 10 minutes waiting for the video replay, then they tell us there's no video. Because of that it takes three hours to play four sets. It's unbelievable!"

• I don't know but overall I thought the challenge system went pretty fast. But I haven't seen that many matches tbh. Sometimes it was ready in 10 seconds. But the referees bother me as well, most of them seem to be thinking this is volleyball roulette. At Turkey Ukraine the ref said the ball was in and he was very sure although the line judge said it was out. It was challenged and the ball was almost 2 m out :white:

• BLR-CZE is nothing for bad nerves :white:
    In 3rd set BLR was leading 23:19 and let CZE return to 24:24 before winning the set; in 4th set it was first 13:5 for BLR, then CZE came back and was leading 22:20 in the end but then BLR with 5 pts in a row takes the match to tie-break :what:

• Belarus x Czech Republic has been a rollercoaster match! :whistle:
    Unbelievable, this only can happen in womens vball matches.

And of course, this tie-break only could go over the 15 points! BLR was 14-12, now 15-15 :white:

• I've seen the tie break, it was entertaining considering there were several match balls canceled, but not the highest level, imho, there were more than one sloppy action :S
    Congrats Belarus, anyway!! :flower:

About the video check, it didn't seem to terrible to me, while the referees – despite overall judging quite well – sometimes did very big mistakes imho, something you can't imagine happening at this level (I can think of at least 4 cases like that in the matches I've seen: 1 happened to Italy and 3 to Turkey – and only one could be reversed with the video check because of the situation, luckily the most crucial one)

Ps I was hoping to watch a great amount of Ned-Cro, but since it will start late I won't be able to follow very much of it... And it's also live on Rai for once :(

• This Ech is so random :rolll: 25-8 then 0-6 next set.

I thought the exact same things :rolll:
    But I had no doubt Ned could close the gap during the set, then they stay tied a lot and now Ned had a final rush!
    After all it was so short I could watch it all, btw :what:

Congrats to Ned, so far is the team I watched playing better (but I haven't seen their other matches neither Serbia)!
    If we won't play at our super top, we don't have many chances, unless Ned chokes (but I can't see why).

• What a poor match...and an empty hall...

Croatia is a joke. At least today.

Netherlands played poor, they need to improve a lot against Italy.

And, I'm still waiting Plak to start the match instead of Sloetjes! She plays much better than Lonneke!

De Kruijf will probably be in the roster again, on Thursday!

• Croatia´s liberos are probably the worst pair I ever saw :D Bozicevic was just awful and then comes Sain and is not able to dig simple ball like in some junior tournaments.. :white:

• Sorry I don't see any chance for Germany to win over Bulgaria. Bulgaria has to many good individual players + they are not bad team overall.

Without any doubt Bulgaria is favorite against Germany. But even the betting values seem to me too one-sided anyway: German NT has a good result history against Bulgaria and if they serve well, they can demolish the vulnerable Bulgarian reception. Also Bulgaria is not playing constant all the time; so I would not be surprised if this match goes to tie-break. Even there Bulgaria will be the favorite, mainly because of experience, but this is not that clear, like many think.

• Now I can't even play prediction game... :rolll: