European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• I generally enjoy reading your posts since I think you are a knowledgeable volleyball follower. However, nowadays it is really annoying to read your recent aggressive posts despising Ukrainian people. Please keep your political hostility out of a volleyball forum :hit:

Thanks for your kind words but have to disappoint you as my posts are free of *any* political bias. (I voted Labour in a hope for a soft Brexit at the last elections, if interested - and this is the first/last time I mention it here.) In fact, I do the opposite: when a clear partisan troll throws random accusations and labels some decent people/players as traitors/defectors - I provide their vision that I happen to be very familiar with. I think it's fair this way. May sound differently to what you read/see elsewhere but I bet that's the point of the forum. If you think I'm twisting the facts, let me know and I'll expand/detail further.

You can check one small thing, for the sake of pure entertainment. Generally, NTs tend to wear kits that bear a color/the colors of their flags. Turkey wearing turquoise tops and red shorts triggered a wow reaction here. Their opponents in that game wore a kit having nothing in common with their flag. Why don't you dig out why? Can be an eye-opener.

• Thanks for your kind words but have to disappoint you as my posts are free of *any* political bias. (I voted Labour in a hope for a soft Brexit at the last elections, if interested - and this is the first/last time I mention it here.) In fact, I do the opposite: when a clear partisan troll throws random accusations and labels some decent people/players as traitors/defectors - I provide their vision that I happen to be very familiar with. I think it's fair this way. May sound differently to what you read/see elsewhere but I bet that's the point of the forum. If you think I'm twisting the facts, let me know and I'll expand/detail further.

You can check one small thing, for the sake of pure entertainment. Generally, NTs tend to wear kits that bear a color/the colors of their flags. Turkey wearing turquoise tops and red shorts triggered a wow reaction here. Their opponents in that game wore a kit having nothing in common with their flag. Why don't you dig out why? Can be an eye-opener.

I don't see what is wrong with it. Turquoise color is identified with Turkey anyway (just like orange with Netherlands although they don't have it in their flag).

By the way, I was referring one of your previous posts that you call Ukrainian's IQ level in double digits :aww: and another post you call them being "short of intellectual". Those are horrible accusation to any nation and clearly racist discourses. I am really surprised that none of the moderators warned you because of this language. :white:

• This is my first time to watch ECH, but I have to say the level is a little bit lower than my expectation. Is this because 2017 is the first year after Olympic and many teams are testing their new players? Or it is just the normal level of ECH?

Most of the teams play slow volleyball, especially when the receiving is not good, the setters tend to set the ball to position 2 and all other players count on their opposite to put the ball down. Of course, this also happens to other teams outside Europe, but it seems many Europe teams have receiving problems and heavily rely on their opposite players.

• This is my first time to watch ECH, but I have to say the level is a little bit lower than my expectation. Is this because 2017 is the first year after Olympic and many teams are testing their new players? Or it is just the normal level of ECH?

Most of the teams play slow volleyball, especially when the receiving is not good, the setters tend to set the ball to position 2 and all other players count on their opposite to put the ball down. Of course, this also happens to other teams outside Europe, but it seems many Europe teams have receiving problems and heavily rely on their opposite players.

It's been a horrendous ECH for both men and women, the lowest level I've ever seen in more than a decade. I blame the calendar which is busy beyond ridiculousness right now.

• any available link? for TUR vs POL?

• If Turkey wins today... They have to risk it with Hande Baladin for the Russia Quarterfinal meeting.

Turkey just doesn't have enough wing hitters that could put Russia in trouble if they play like this kind of offense. Naz is doing a good job right now but not enough fire power is a cause for concern.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• IF TUR passes this stage and see RUS in QF, don't think it has good winning odds there. RUS team is simply better, has more fire power, and has the Twin Towers that it much reserved during the WGCC :D and I put my wager to back my confidence in the Russian team in that QF.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Cant believe it...I left it 12-5 for Turkey, just went to the kitchen for a glass of water and now it is 15-15 :white:

Ok, I know it is women volleyball, but I agree the level of this tournment is very very very irregular. It has been the lowest ECH in many years.

• I dont understand why Naz doesnt run more their middles. There have been many times in this set that Eda could have skiped with only one block, but Naz keeps setting to the wings, in this case, Guldeniz.
    Ok, the passing hasnt been great, but in the counter attacks she should use more Eda.