European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• The last game between Turkey and Russia was actually close than the scores suggest. But after winning that match, Russia will definitely have that psychological advantage heading to the match on Friday. I actually thought Pankova was decent that game, and I think Russia should start with her (at least in the first set). I also want Koroleva/Fetisova duo as MB starters same as with the Bulgaria match. Efimova has been pretty much quiet this tournament so far. I also noticed Filishtinskaya tries to avoid setting Goncharova as much as she can (unlike Pankova), I think she is aware that her connection with her is not the best, as a result, she forces the ball to Voronkova and the MBs. I think this has some advantages, but at crucial moments I think you should go to your best player.

Turkey on the other hand, I doubt Naz will get replaced by Gamze as their setter on Friday. Neriman was pretty good against that match with Russia, and if she manages to play well again, Turkey will have their chances. Maybe Hande can be tried as OPP?

• Turkey would love it if it was Pankova setting. Better chances for their team. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Meanwhile Germany leading 8-5 in the 5th set. I wonder if Bulgaria can still take this match..

EDIT: Now GER leading 11-8

• Germany has a great tendency to choke. Too unagressive. Both teams can choke though so it will probably go down to the technical skills.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It is 12-11 for GER now...

Indeed, both of them could choke in anytime.

• Congrats Germany! Another rollercoaster match!

Once again, Bulgaria shows they are just individualities. This team has got good players, however its team play isnt good. Their libero is a big liability. It is a pity, because since their win against Brazil in one WGP (I dont remember the year, maybe 2013), they have advanced pretty nothing. And they have good material in the U23 and U20 categories.

Germany´s serve save them once again :win:

Chapeau Lenka Durr :heart:

• And Germany wins! Feel bad for Bulgaria after beating Ukraine, Turkey and almost beating Russia to top the pool, now they are eliminated.. Turkey was luckier than them, but no for long I guess we shall see :wavy:

• Great win by Germany. This is definitely Lenka's match. She really put the team into good position to attack.

The are also heading to the quarterfinals with confidence. It's been a while since they won in a tiebreak situation.

#FreeBritney

• i couldnt watch the match
    Congrats to German girls good job !!
    good luck in QF!

Bulgaria is an interesting team..i mean they have good wings and middles but they always fail
    Germany offensively a very limited team but they can win against Bulgaria..Bulgaria should reconsider some things from the begginning

• That German middle with dark hair reminds me of Furst when she hits the slide.. Anyone know her name?

• Congrats Germany! I predict 3-2, and just WOW.. Love their passion :heart:

• Bulgaria needs a better libero. Improvement is crucial before World Championship so they are still an interesting team to watch out for.

#FreeBritney

• Bulgarian girls should swim back to Bulgaria through the black sea as punishment :what: how could they lose that, they were 3 classes better in 1 and 3 set..anyway, after long time I saw Brinker and she is just as horrible as she was in polish league :D but I liked Lippmann, she can be a very good player

• congrats Turkish girls and good luck against Russia they will need it a lot.

lets talk on the stats from Poland match :

Turkey made 18 attack errors Poland just 7 errors
    Turkey made 8 serve errors Poland made just 1 however both teams had 5 aces
    i mean with all these errors it is/would be just a dream to win against Russia!!

Gamze-Güldeniz duo should be used more. even Hande too.Gözde Kırdar is doing good job at passing but she is playing badly at attacking.no need to keep her on the ccourt so long.Güldeniz seemed to be able to contribute more than her

• Knowing Germany you knew they wouldn't leave this champs without a performance, for me no big gap between the teams, as I said before no big surprise, I just wish I had the balls to put a few dollars on GER.

And Germany wins! Feel bad for Bulgaria after beating Ukraine, Turkey and almost beating Russia to top the pool, now they are eliminated.. Turkey was luckier than them, but no for long I guess we shall see :wavy:

Pardon? what are you talking about? you put Turkeys appearance in QFs to luck ??? lol lol lol

The Torture of watching this team, all those unbeliavable calls against us? our countless letting in other teams from big deficits back into the game??? all those horrible horrible huge periods where the team broke down and couldn't tie their laces even, but the fact that they persevered and got to the QFS you put down to LUCK?? haha ok i noted you down as one laugh at. LOL

I am the worst critic of this team but LUCK?? lol