European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• That German middle with dark hair reminds me of Furst when she hits the slide.. Anyone know her name?

Marie Schölzel.

Great blocker but she's not as longer and as athletic as Fürst which makes her attack limited. Good technique though.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Bulgarian girls should swim back to Bulgaria through the black sea as punishment :what: how could they lose that, they were 3 classes better in 1 and 3 set..anyway, after long time I saw Brinker and she is just as horrible as she was in polish league :D but I liked Lippmann, she can be a very good player

:rolll:

• Germany would've lost to Turkey if they met in the 1/8 final. They made a great decision avoiding that outcome when it was impossible to take 1st place of their pool.

Turkey(and obviously Guidetti) probably knows more about Germany than Germans themselves because Guidetti coached them before

Tactically and technically speaking. Turkey is just better and you don't want to face them if you are also relying on the same strength as they do. You have to great at other things than the other opponent to have a chance.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Pardon? what are you talking about? you put Turkeys appearance in QFs to luck ??? lol lol lol

The Torture of watching this team, all those unbeliavable calls against us? our countless letting in other teams from big deficits back into the game??? all those horrible horrible huge periods where the team broke down and couldn't tie their laces even, but the fact that they persevered and got to the QFS you put down to LUCK?? haha ok i noted you down as one laugh at. LOL

I am the worst critic of this team but LUCK?? lol

You surely didn't get my point. I didn't say Turkey was lucky to be in the QFs, I was comparing their chances with Bulgaria, who almost topped their pool and, had they beaten Russia (it was a close 5th set mind you), wouldn't have to play this elimination match. But now that Bulgaria is gone from the competition I guess there's no point in discussing further.

• I did not misunderstand in the least, I know what you mean behind the pretense, I will be laughing my ass off if Turkey ends up in the semis :)

It is all about pulling it out when it matters, you make it sound like it is tragedy Bulgaria isn't winning the euros, Germany has done it when it counts no LUCK about anything going on here.

• Great blocker but she's not as longer and as athletic as Fürst which makes her attack limited. Good technique though

I looked her up and she's pretty young (20 yrs) and she is 1.90m not bad. She can definitely be an asset for the German NT in the future if her development goes well.

• Bulgaria had just 5 blocks in a 5-set match, how!! 8| Lipmann is getting better and better..good for Germany..the stats could be wrong ?

As often in close five setters statistics not necessarily tell much about the match - it's than often more a matter of posture and mind, hard to measure, better to see live in a match...

• Germany probably sacrificed their club football performance for volleyball. :rolll:

Holy wow. PSG is up 2-0 against Bayern. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• And I still think, it is not only about coaching, but 10 of 14 German NT players are playing in German league currently (all did once in the past and the four others mostly in tough other leagues) and despite level is there clearly below Turkey, Italy or Russia, it is balanced and a tough fighting zone, where the players learn a lot in this regard.

• And I still think, it is not only about coaching, but 10 of 14 German NT players are playing in German league currently (all did once in the past and the four others mostly in tough other leagues) and despite level is there clearly below Turkey, Italy or Russia, it is balanced and a tough fighting zone, where the players learn a lot in this regard.

i agree with you...a balanced league is very important for young players to learn and improve..id prefer to play in a balanced relatively weaker league rather than being a bench player in a stronger league..so turkish young players had better reconsider playing weaker teams to improve!

• You can't lay it on the young players, it is the our system, our culture, call it what ever you want. We have had great talent for years now, at least for a decade, we have never managed to get one to full developement. Blaming young players for not being able to play is ludicrous. For example, rather then trusting and playing Hande you bring in Boskovic and give her every chance to develop and grow, mistakes et all Serbian federation must love us. We then expect when we are desperate, like in this champs for her to go out there and be a Gonchorova, and then criticise her for not being up to standard when she isn't.

If i see the same thing happen with Ebrar Karakurt I will give up on volleyball. In fact i can give at least a a dozen names of potential great young players off the top of my head apart from her, we will of course fail them and waste them. As a volleyball nation we have stood still for a decade, in fact we have regressed, since the silver at euros we have only won 1 bronze in 15 years, this is due to our incompetence in utilising young talent.

• It's not a fair comparison. You really cannot expect every talented player to turn out the way Bošković did. Such players are phenoms and those are rare by definition. When you look at how she played at WCh '14 - her first time on NT - those were not the performances of a "talent" or a "prospect", she was already the best OPP and the leading player of one of the World's top teams. Very, very few can do that at the age of 17.

• of course ever country would like to have rare talents but rather than one rare talent beside mediocre players (like korean team) id prefer 5-6 real "good" players
    turkey has had rare talents too such as neslihan demir,aysun özbek,eda erdem etc. but turkey mainly cant succed in making its young talents into "good" players..when you grow good players besides finding a rare talent you can become one of the best teams in the world such as serbia today..

• You can't lay it on the young players, it is the our system, our culture, call it what ever you want. We have had great talent for years now, at least for a decade, we have never managed to get one to full developement. Blaming young players for not being able to play is ludicrous. For example, rather then trusting and playing Hande you bring in Boskovic and give her every chance to develop and grow, mistakes et all Serbian federation must love us. We then expect when we are desperate, like in this champs for her to go out there and be a Gonchorova, and then criticise her for not being up to standard when she isn't.

If i see the same thing happen with Ebrar Karakurt I will give up on volleyball. In fact i can give at least a a dozen names of potential great young players off the top of my head apart from her, we will of course fail them and waste them. As a volleyball nation we have stood still for a decade, in fact we have regressed, since the silver at euros we have only won 1 bronze in 15 years, this is due to our incompetence in utilising young talent.

I get what you are saying and I feel your pain. But Boskovic is different, she arrived in Vitra ready to play at the highest level possible. I don`t think Boskovic has much thank Vitra for her development, she has to thank whoever coached her before the WCH 2014. Boskovic earned her spot to play for one of the top Teams In the world because she proved herself in the International Level.

But looking at the hundreds and hundreds of International Players that have played, are playing and will be playing in the Turkish League, YES and you are totally right and on point, Turkish clubs trust and love the Internationals but they don`t trust local players. The Internationals can play bad as they want but they don`t loose their spot in the starting line-up, while the locals get to play once in a while but as soon as they make a mistake they go back to the bench.

It is sad but I`m pretty sure Ebrar will end up just like Polen - a eternal bench player, the same goes for Hande, Senoglu and all the others from the U18, U20 and U23. All the big Turkish teams will sign them, but they will be kept on the bench during their whole careers.

• QUARTERFINALS

Italy vs Netherlands | QUARTER FINALS | Eurovolley Azerbaijan And Georgia 2017
    Live on 9/28/17, 18:00 (GMT +4 hours)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5o9QslMa1w

Serbia vs Belarus | QUARTER FINALS | Eurovolley Azerbaijan And Georgia 2017
    Live on 9/28/17, 20:30 (GMT +4 hours)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m6nID9xc70

Azerbaijan vs Germany | QUARTER FINALS | Eurovolley Azerbaijan And Georgia 2017
    Live on 9/29/17, 18:00 (GMT +4 hours)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2_AvTvRQuw

Russia vs Turkey | QUARTER FINALS | Eurovolley Azerbaijan And Georgia 2017
    Live on 9/29/17, 20:30 (GMT +4 hours)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2td6AuLbMaU

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”