European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• You can't lay it on the young players, it is the our system, our culture, call it what ever you want. We have had great talent for years now, at least for a decade, we have never managed to get one to full developement. Blaming young players for not being able to play is ludicrous. For example, rather then trusting and playing Hande you bring in Boskovic and give her every chance to develop and grow, mistakes et all Serbian federation must love us. We then expect when we are desperate, like in this champs for her to go out there and be a Gonchorova, and then criticise her for not being up to standard when she isn't.

If i see the same thing happen with Ebrar Karakurt I will give up on volleyball. In fact i can give at least a a dozen names of potential great young players off the top of my head apart from her, we will of course fail them and waste them. As a volleyball nation we have stood still for a decade, in fact we have regressed, since the silver at euros we have only won 1 bronze in 15 years, this is due to our incompetence in utilising young talent.

But in return the TUR has the best CLUB(S) in the world to top the chart every year. It's all a matter of choice and priority!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• You are right. After spending a long time with Russians, I can tell that they pronounce "o" as "a". Ukrainian city Odessa is pronounced as Adessa for example :win:

• You are right. After spending a long time with Russians, I can tell that they pronounce "o" as "a". Ukrainian city Odessa is pronounced as Adessa for example :win:

I've noticed this too. "oksana" is pronounced as "aksana," "olesya" is "alesya," "obmochaeva" is "abmochaeva," "morozova" is "marozova." pretty interesting.

• You can't lay it on the young players, it is the our system, our culture, call it what ever you want. We have had great talent for years now, at least for a decade, we have never managed to get one to full developement. Blaming young players for not being able to play is ludicrous. For example, rather then trusting and playing Hande you bring in Boskovic and give her every chance to develop and grow, mistakes et all Serbian federation must love us. We then expect when we are desperate, like in this champs for her to go out there and be a Gonchorova, and then criticise her for not being up to standard when she isn't.

If i see the same thing happen with Ebrar Karakurt I will give up on volleyball. In fact i can give at least a a dozen names of potential great young players off the top of my head apart from her, we will of course fail them and waste them. As a volleyball nation we have stood still for a decade, in fact we have regressed, since the silver at euros we have only won 1 bronze in 15 years, this is due to our incompetence in utilising young talent.

Well, as a young talent, you could try and find a way to find a team thats good for you and your improvement. If you choose to stay on bench, that's all on you. Boskovic was already a good player when she was transferred to Eczacibasi and on the other hand Hande is a good prospect but not yet a good player.

Yes, it is on both clubs and players' shoulder to find a way to improve players. Clubs has goals and dont expect them to put young talents in starting 6. If they don't let you play, find another team, if you can't play in Turkey, find another team in Europe. there are many young players who are going to Italy and playing and getting better on the other hand our youngs are staying home, making lots of money and taking selfies by sitting on bench.

To sum up, players need to be willing to play and be better. If you really want to be good, don't choose glory and money which many players here in Turkey do.

• I really don't get the format and the scheduling. Why is it that in the second time in a row the number 1 and 2 have to meet in the semis? Why does Russia have 3 days without a single match and then possibly 3 matches in a row? Why are the teams meeting in the semifinals not playing their quarterfinals on the same day?

• Why is it that in the second time in a row the number 1 and 2 have to meet in the semis?

What do you mean with that?
    Do you mean that the first and second of the same pool with meet in the semi? That won't happen actually, because pool B and D will cross pool A and C in the semis if I'm not wrong...
    Or you mean second and first of the ranking? In that case I think the problem is that the hosts are considered 'head series' (I litterally translated it from Italian, I may be wrong).

About the time table, I get your concerns but I guess it's inevitable if you want to avoid many matches played at the same time...
    Ps aren't the semis both the same day?

Yes, but only when it's unstressed. For example, in "Kosheleva", the stress is on the first syllable, therefore "o" stays "o".
    It's called vowel reduction. Belarusian has it too (in even more extreme version than Russian), while Ukrainian doesn't, and it's one of the biggest differences between that language and Russian.

• Wish all the best for the dutch tonight, It will be a tough one as Italy is obviously not an easy opponent to beat, but still :drink: Hopefully Morrison will be wise enough to replace Lon in case she performs poorly, by far she's been fairly bad.

• Moki, Lucia Bosetti and De Kruijf in.
    Terrible start for Italy but I start watching at 2-5 so I don't really know what happen.

Now we woke up.
    Rollercoaster ECh is striking again so far :lol:

• youtube is blocked :-( any other livestream?