European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• do we have any livestream? please

• Belarussian sounds a lot like Russian.. or is it the same language?

Tomorrow's QF matches will surely be more exciting to watch AZExGER, and especially RUSxTUR I expect to have lots of drama :lol:

Technically they have their own language but if I'm not completely mistaken, Russian is practically the language Belarusians speak, there are people who don't speak perfect Belarusian, but everyone speaks perfect Russian.

• Veljkovic is playing really well in this tournament, it's good to finally see her as starter. Serbia seems to be the "favorite" on paper to win this tournament, but I'm thinking being in an easier pool, hence easier matches negatively affect them once they face an opponent who can really challenge them? I can only think of NED and Russia/Azerbaijan on a good day who can really put up a fight against Serbia.

• Malesevic is definitely the secret treasure of Serbia's success, she does all the dirty jobs behind, let's say it's a Grothues role, Marcon role, Beier role or whatsoever you would call it. I also have to mention that if I ever get to play against Serbia, I'd hate those Boskovic-Stevanovic/Veljkovic blocking duo.

Zivkovic always has been solid, though she's not really amusing to watch.

• I do not hate you however, honestly I am done with you trying to provoke people at this point. You do not care about this tournament as your country doesn't take part, ok we get it. Stop being so butthurt, yes nobody cared about your favorite, super important tournament. Yes we know that tournament was more important then the Olympics, we get it. But pls cut it, If you try this once again I will have to report you :teach:

I do not hate you however, honestly I am done with you trying to provoke people at this point. You do not care about this tournament as your country doesn't take part, ok we get it. Stop being so butthurt, yes nobody cared about your favorite, super important tournament. Yes we know that tournament was more important then the Olympics, we get it. But pls cut it, If you try this once again I will have to report you :teach:

I wont start anything, and I wont be posting anymore on this thread, I will respect you.

But how funny... I wonder how many comments you posted on the WCC and GP talking about how worthless the tournament was...and now just because I said the arena is empty you think I`m insulting you! VOWW.

and just how you posted just the other day on the Brazilian page saying we can`t say Tandara is good as Tijana based on her performance on the "so important Grand Prix". That was the words you used...

You are acting how you know how to dish but you can`t take it...

But I still like you...and as I said I will respect you and I won`t post in this thread.

• Actally I never posted anything negative on the GP thread. I only said ir is my fave tournament but ok. About Tandara, someone said she is better then Boskovic because she played better in WGP. We all know WGP is not a priority tournament and I never said you CAN'T say Tandara is better. I was just questioning that post since it was based on 'facts'. And I didn't post much in WCC either. Just responded to people saying Ech was shit a few times maybe.

But this is off-topic. I personally don't think Serbia is playing superb atm but they don't need to ofc against BLR

• People should ignore rdfabio's opinion. lol

Too bad for him he doesn't have his pack coming at you who sheepishly agrees with his baseless opinion so he can't troll as much as he did during that insignificant world grand champions cup. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• A clash between the Slavic teams -- the stronger Slavs vs the lesser ones (wrt volleyball)

SRB, the strongest CEV champion candidate will subdue BLR with ease.

Predict SF of SRB v NED and RUS v GER with an All-Slavic Final.

Btw, the chocolate-tycoon President of UKR, Petro Oleksiyovych Poroshenko, just signed into law recently the blatantly controversial regulation to ban the Russian language teaching in the UKR schools... the current regime wanna kill the Russian language altogether and assimilate fully its Russian-speaking citizens, while de facto the Russian language is the most widely used language across the UKR. And Killing a language is truly against human rights!! Wonder the MSM keep silent on it!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Terzic has a relax and fun time enjoying an easy match :-) this man has a great, much enviable job :D

taking care of a highly competitive team filled up with the beautiful girls :whistle:

Poor BLR to see SRB in QF... same as ITA to see NED one round too early and TUR to see RUS... GER and AZE are fortunate to see each other with some slight advantage inclines to GER :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• So Italy has finished their ECH at quarterfinals for the third time in a row :(

• Belarussian sounds a lot like Russian.. or is it the same language?

That was Russian. Nobody really speaks Belarusian, sadly, it's almost a dead language already.

Predict SF of SRB v NED and RUS v GER with an All-Slavic Final.

That's impossible, the pairings are SRB-RUS/TUR and NED-GER/AZE.

I agree with rdfabio that it's sad to see the hall that empty. The attendance in group D in Goygol was very good and even most of non-AZE matches in Baku had at least a decent crowd. Somehow the tournament seems to be losing its momentum as it reaches its end, instead of being the other way around. :S

• When the matches are played out of Baku, there is always great interest. People who leave in other ragions are more curious in watching sports. I wish Azerbaijan hosted this championship alone and 4 group matches were played all in different regions.

Games start time is very inconvinient. It starts at 18:00 local time, it is when work finishes and some master porgrames start at 19:00.
    As it was raining for 2 days, traffic is almost paralyzed :wall: Yesterday, there was first match of Garabag in Champions league in the other side of MGA.

As a volleyball lover, I could go only 1 day to Gymnastic Arena :gone:

There will be more people tomorrow for both matches and if Azerbaijan qualifies crowd will continue to come.

• i never watch live streams, but i watched ITA x NED today since it was not from one of those illegal streams. what a waste of my time! i do think malinov was a huge hole in this team. for whatever reasons, there was no connection to the MBs from either orro or cambi. maybe it was the bad reception. egonu -- ok, she can hit like crazy, but she also sends the ball out by 10 meters. she looks like she's always hitting the ball sideways, i'd think because of how high she jumps, maybe she should hit the ball from the top, straight down? i don't know... disappointed to watch this match. it reminded of the recent match between NED x GRE for WCh qual. and GRE was just amateurish, and now ITA looked like that. at least lucia b. had some good kills, but cate didn't get many sets. maybe they could have used sorokaite more, i think she can receive service, right?

• watched a little bit of POL x TUR. wow, erdem, boz and onal playing really well. maybe there's hope against RUS.

Of course there is hope. Russia does not play particulary well at the moment at all. The game between the teams was pretty deadlocked point-wise in the group stage - Russia compiled a mere four points more in total. I know they had great leads in both set three and four but let Turkey to almost catch up with them in the second half of the set, perhaps out of some temporary lapses of concentration due to ignorance or just deliberately charged down a gear out of laziness, so the numbers might look deceptively close. However, Russia probably has not traced a great imprint so far according to anyone at all so far in the tournament, considering the other group matches - against Ukraine and Bulgaria - they were both of poor quality. Goncharova appears to be in bad shape, chemistry between players both on and off the court seems superficial without any real emotion and there appears to be a shortage of fighting spirit, a lifeless, defeatistic attitude of demoralization. In terms of some evidence, albeit highly circumstancial, just look at how disastrously Bulgaria performed yesterday against Germany and then ponder about the fact Bulgaria should have edged out Russia with their clear lead of 2-1 in sets and 14-10 in the 4th set, clearly not a good sign to say the least. I know Turkey lost to Bulgaria, but both struggled almost equally with them, so they share have shown an pretty equivalent vulnaribility to me.

• I just checked the roster and it is embarassing.

It the same of the WGP minus Malinov and Sylla not by choice, plus Tirozzi and Cambi to replace them...

at least lucia b. had some good kills, but cate didn't get many sets. maybe they could have used sorokaite more, i think she can receive service, right?

Yes Lucia was after all the best spiker but she didn't play at her level in second row imho.
    I agree on Sorokaite, for how bad the match was going it was worth a try.

Anyway, terrible QFs today :S
    And it was another proof of how unbalanced the B/D pools were. After all, being in a tough pool often pay off later on on the tournament, as the OG clearly showed.

• well, dnipro, as we have said before, that was the group of death. all matches went 5 sets in that group, except 2 that went 3-1. no other group was close to that. all 4 teams were all very evenly matched, even UKR, which finished last, went down 2x in 5 sets and once in 4. but i was reading too much from our dear turkish fans, who were all gnashing their teeth, rending garments and predicting doom for their team...

now, how did BUL lose to GER?????

i finished POL x TUR. that was an exciting match. i have not watched neither SRB or AZE yet in this tournament. i wonder how those teams are playing... we might have a final between those two??????

i noticed that polak's face and expression are sort of a cross between lucia b. and skowronska... ^^