You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vabo

Professional

• "vabo" is male

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:46am

I watched again the match (amazing the amount of stuff you can notice) and here's a few considerations:

-first of all, congratulations to the Netherlands for playing a perfect match

-Malinov missing was a gigantic black hole on court, it's obvious there was a pretty big synch problem between our setter everyone else, especially the MBs (for the few times the reception was decent enough to actually be able to use them), but I cannot blame the poor girl as she did the best she could

-I have to take back all the good words I had for the Bosettis during the WGP final, today it was simply unbearable to watch

-Pietrini needs to join the NT asap

-Chirichella is not a good choice as captain

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Friday, September 29th 2017, 8:00am

Belarussian sounds a lot like Russian.. or is it the same language?

That was Russian. Nobody really speaks Belarusian, sadly, it's almost a dead language already.

Predict SF of SRB v NED and RUS v GER with an All-Slavic Final.

That's impossible, the pairings are SRB-RUS/TUR and NED-GER/AZE.

I agree with rdfabio that it's sad to see the hall that empty. The attendance in group D in Goygol was very good and even most of non-AZE matches in Baku had at least a decent crowd. Somehow the tournament seems to be losing its momentum as it reaches its end, instead of being the other way around. :S

Well, in that case based on the team performances and stability, reliability I go on to predict gold for SRB; silver - NED and bronze - RUS with the level of confidence: 80% :D

Let's see if any real upset does happen, think the remaining teams' own fans here will eagerly expect so... though I simply say based on hard facts killing off all funs :P

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Friday, September 29th 2017, 10:24am

I just checked the roster and it is embarassing.

It the same of the WGP minus Malinov and Sylla not by choice, plus Tirozzi and Cambi to replace them...

And who cares about WGP? Brazil, which has better competition there than in CSV continental tournament, and Japan, which hosts it almost always. China sends the B team every F6. USA Team doesn't care a lot since few years. Maybe Serbia? ?(
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

flyingdutchman

Inside-Volley.com Expert

• "flyingdutchman" is male

Favourite Team: Dutch NT, LiB Aachen

Favourite Players: Buijs, Beliën, Plak, Bongaerts, Daalderop, De Kruijf, Sloetjes, Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Wolosz, Akman, Eda, Kim, Ognjenovic, Mihajlovic, Naz, Castillo, Herbots

Friday, September 29th 2017, 1:05pm

I don't dare to do a prediction for today 's matches, because in both matches there is a clash of styles.

Strong serves, defense and fast game < --- > power and height.

I hope for Germany and Turkey to advance to semi's :) :win:

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Lloyd, Haak, Robinson, Dürr, Goncharova, Courtois, Meijners, Orthmann, Hanke, Dijkema, ter Horst, Jorna, Kingdon, Fetisova, Havelkova, Lippmann, Stevanovic

Friday, September 29th 2017, 1:16pm

Yeah definitely next to impossible to predict.
I hope for Russia and Germany to advance :drink:

Gomez4

Trainee

• "Gomez4" is male

Favourite Team: PAOK

Favourite Players: Ernardo Gomez,Rolando Cepeda,Zhu Ting

Friday, September 29th 2017, 3:58pm

Jennifer Geerties :heart: :flower:
"Zhu Ting arrives" :super:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:03pm

2nd point and already the Azeri linesmen make me angry :roll:

Thank God the referee has enough experience to make his own call.

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Lloyd, Haak, Robinson, Dürr, Goncharova, Courtois, Meijners, Orthmann, Hanke, Dijkema, ter Horst, Jorna, Kingdon, Fetisova, Havelkova, Lippmann, Stevanovic

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:03pm

2 home-runs in a row by Nataliya Mammadova :wavy: I don't like when A challenge takes too much time.

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:06pm

Azerbaijan's line referees ara really epic :down:
Sorry for my bad English ^^

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:07pm

2nd point and already the Azeri linesmen make me angry :roll:

Thank God the referee has enough experience to make his own call.

Get ready for a lot of this today, rooting for Germany and I really hope Germany wins at least 3-1 bcs I can't see them win in tiebreaker vs Azerbaijan in Azerbaijan :rolll:

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:09pm

I would like to see Hanke hit that ball as much as she can.. Not only it surprises the opposition but it's like a legit opposite hitter attack

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:09pm

Rahimova vs Germany so far.

harboboy

Professional

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:16pm

Those german jerseys :rose:

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:23pm

I'm not supporting for Azerbaijan but Rahimova seems to be from another part of the world, too strong for this level :thumbup:

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:27pm

That looked in for Germany. :wall:

Dan

Beginner

• "Dan" is male

Favourite Team: Volero Zurich, RC Cannes, Vizura Belgrad, Thai Nationalteam

Favourite Players: Brankica Mihaijlovic, Milena Rasic, Robny Ah-Mow Santos, Yuko Sano, Silvija Popovic, Olga Tocko

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:28pm

I'm not supporting for Azerbaijan but Rahimova seems to be from another part of the world, too strong for this level :thumbup:
:obey: Rahimova is playing amazing

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Gamze, Kosheleva, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:28pm

Same, I'm not rooting for Azerbaijan either but I am certainly rooting for FC (or VC) Rahimova. She is not human! :super:

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:30pm

Rahimova 10/14 :white:

Let's see how long she lasts.

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:30pm

The home team took the 1st set, they served really well, It sucks that Dürr has to cover Fromm in passing, I think her range is too large and it caused those passing errors.
Rahimova has been a monster thus far, in fact I love how she spikes, that's not something you easily see in women's volleyball.

samsara

enthusiast

• "samsara" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W)

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Yuan Xinyue, Xu Yunli, Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Hui Ruoqi, Gong Xiangyu, Liu Xiaotong, Lin Li

Friday, September 29th 2017, 4:35pm

WOW! Polina Rahimova AZE #17 is tough to deal with for the GER team.... the Uzbekistan born tall player (1.98 m) is AZE version of Boskovic :D

Wonder why this AZE team rarely play outside CEV tournaments... hardly seeing them play against the top Asian teams.

Good that they will play in the 2018 WCh :thumbsup: wanna see how good they are there!

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

Social bookmarks