European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• I'm watching the third set. The first thing I notice is Germany not playing its heart out, which is something extremely rare. They look off.

Who's in starting 6 + 1 for Azerbaijan? Yagubova-Rahimova, Mamamdova-Ruban, Kovalenko-Kharchenko, Korentenko. Right?

Eventually Aze coaches realized they need a good passer beside Mammadova and took Aliyeva out of the starters. And I didn't see Mammadova playing like this for years... :rose:

• Rahimova bailed Azerbaijan out of the mess.

I guess for Germany... they have to develop atleast an outside hitter to compliment Geertes. One possible idea is get Lipmann to play on 4 and hope someone takes her place before World Championship. :whistle:

And the middle blockers need to play faster too. maybe gym for a year. Atleast getting to akinradewo's half speed is an accomplishment. I find Schoezel's slide attack too awkward.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Congrats to Azerbaijan, at least the hall won't be empty in the next round.
    Germany was pathetic as a team today, I hope they learned something, in sports you can't always play well, they are probably worn out or the tactics they analyzed simply didn't work. Was it Fromm's last game in NT btw? :S

• you mean the dictator of AZE.

their daughter recently got into trouble at the UN. vile family.

I would do the same like her daughter as protest to UN's incompetency. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I guess yesterdays match against Bulgaria took too much energy both physically and in the head of German NT players, they couldn't get any grip onto this match. But anyway, if they would have proceeded to the semis, there they would have had no chance at all to win anything more and would have been fourth place in the end, so this outcome is not that bad overall and they directly qualified for the very important ECh 2019, where Olympic qualification is at stake.

• With a team like this, the AZE team can even break through the CEV Top-4 (SRB RUS NED ITA).

Well, my very 1st time to watch AZE team playing, feel amazed on how can this team be so hidden in Europe only and much less known internationally.

At present state I bet this team will beat ITA, and pose some good chance even against NED & RUS... only SRB still maintain some edge over them.

The semi between AZE v NED will be quite fascinating with the open ending outcome. Now I ain't so sure about my earlier prediction and think this team is a real medal contender.

Indeed with a team like this, the AZE squad can get into the World's Elite Teams, or at least topping the World's 2nd Tier!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Bulgaria-Germany match was two days ago so it's definitely not the reason why germany lost. That's good time enough to rest.

Rahimova being her unstoppable self broke their team spirit and probably made them doubt themselves. They are blocking her lol but the ball is not even falling closer to them. That's just unfortunate.

#FreeBritney

• Was it Fromm's last game in NT btw? :S

It's not sure yet. She might play until WCH 2018. However I'd rather we don't need her anymore :S My hope is that Hanna Orthmann benefits from a season in Italy under Pedulla's guidance and can help NT from next year on. Geerties played a very good tournament both in reception and surprisingly also in attack which makes me optimistic about her future.

• you mean the dictator of AZE.

their daughter recently got into trouble at the UN. vile family.

The PC term is "The Strong Man"... and I never read the establishment pact and their mouthpieces have any problem with or criticize this guy or this country... think that the AZE is the "sweet boy" from the ex-USSR unlike the Belarus that maintains too close the relationship with RUS. And AZE, with all its oil & gas, is much embraced by the establishment to contain IRI & RUS influences in the Caspian region.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It's not sure yet. She might play until WCH 2018. However I'd rather we don't need her anymore :S My hope is that Hanna Orthmann benefits from a season in Italy under Pedulla's guidance and can help NT from next year on. Geerties played a very good tournament both in reception and surprisingly also in attack which makes me optimistic about her future.

I hope she will stay as a veteran, anyhow there must be something she can help the team with. Well you are right, the best scenario for German NT would be Geerties-Orthmann as OH and Lippmann as OPP. I like the setters and Dürr for sure will be staying despite the fact that she just had her worst game today :|

It was rather hilarious when I noticed it was Kemmsies who hit the ball with her left hand because I was sure it was Hanke :cheesy: Is being left handed and capable of hitting a must to consider for German setters? :D

• I think it would be more beneficial for Germany if the Fromms can make their babies for the next generation of German Volleyball Players. :heart:

#FreeBritney

• matthias, not watching the video, but from the description of plastic lips, i'd think it's the wife, mehriban.

and no, the daughter wasn't protesting anything at the UN. they are too self-involved to be doing anything like that.

I'm talking about myself. UN has been useless for decades. :whistle:

#FreeBritney