You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, September 29th 2016, 3:57am

yes, i see that her shirt name is collar-nguema, that seems from equat. guinea.

rivero is so young, if she moved to spain from cuba, she must have been a child, and thus was not a product of the cuban sports system?

• "Angel" is male

Favourite Team: Spain NT, Germany NT, Japan NT

Favourite Players: Logan Tom, Saori Kimura, Jaqueline Carvalho, Jéssica Rivero

Thursday, September 29th 2016, 7:48pm

yes, i see that her shirt name is collar-nguema, that seems from equat. guinea.

rivero is so young, if she moved to spain from cuba, she must have been a child, and thus was not a product of the cuban sports system?

Yes, she moved to spain when she was 4-5 years old. She started to play here when she was 7.

Thursday, September 29th 2016, 10:22pm

thank you.

interesting, I went to laola and I didn't see any of the matches of GRE.

I finished ESP x BEL (0-3). spain really horrible in passing and defense. rivero punches hard but can't pass. sometimes I think she jumps too early? she doesn't have great control sometimes of her swing. correa is there just for decoration? she never gets any sets! segura, for an OPP, also gets very few sets. helia is truly the heart of this team, she does everything. BEL in contrast constantly attacking from the middle. I really like heyrmann.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ossubtus" (Sep 29th 2016, 10:43pm)

• "Angel" is male

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 11:27am

• "Angel" is male

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 5:30pm

Ukraine 2-3 Spain

Romania 3-0 Hungary

Next: Cze-Svk

Monday, October 3rd 2016, 3:02am

good job by the ESP chicas. but now they have to win the return match.

is the final round 16 teams? how often is ESP and GRE in the final round in the euros????

• "Angel" is male

Monday, October 3rd 2016, 10:53am

ESP was in final round in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013. In 2015 they didn't achieve.

About GRE I don't know...

• "charalampos" is male

Favourite Team: Olympiacos

Favourite Players: Manuela Secolo,Maja Ognjenovic,Brakocevic Jovana,Darnel Neslihan,Mitar Djuric,Ivan Miljkovic

Monday, October 3rd 2016, 12:20pm

i think that the last time for greece was 2001
Gold medal - European League M 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - European League M 2011 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - European League W 2010 Prediction Game

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 7:29pm

Does CEV still use serpentine system for seeding teams? If so, based on updated CEV ranking, the groups should be like this;

A: AZE - TUR - BEL - ESP
B: GEO - NED - CRO - ROU
C: RUS - ITA - POL - BLR
D: SRB - GER - BUL - CZE

Pool of GEO and AZE can be switched since there is no rule specific rule about which host will be seeded in Pool A. If CEV would use serpentine seeding instead of draws, Group C and D would be quite interesting :whistle:

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 8:51pm

Does CEV still use serpentine system for seeding teams? If so, based on updated CEV ranking, the groups should be like this;

Pool of GEO and AZE can be switched since there is no rule specific rule about which host will be seeded in Pool A. If CEV would use serpentine seeding instead of draws, Group C and D would be quite interesting :whistle:

As far as I am concerned they are doing some mix. They are seeding some teams and then doing draw for the rest.

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 10:16pm

To be honest. I think poll A is much stronger than D, and maybe even C..

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 1:42am

To be honest. I think poll A is much stronger than D, and maybe even C..

You might be right indeed. BUL without Rabadzhieva and CZE without Havelkova did not show anything special while both POL and GER are in a mess. On the other hand, BEL is always a dangerous opponent (especially with addition of great talent Britt, they do not lack power from OH) and AZE could make surprise as a host. But it is quite early to make prediction one year beforehand :whistle:

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Imoco Conegliano, Scandicci, Pomi NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Joanne Wolosz, Monica De Gennaro, Raphaela Folie, Ema Strunjak, Nikolina Bozicevic

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 3:47pm

It would be great for Croatia that this is true :D

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 5:37pm

CZE and SVK teams would complement each other very well. SVK has much better MBs and also a better libero, while CZE is much better on all other positions. Maybe it's time for a reunion of CSSR? ;)

• "serdar" is male

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 8:36pm

CZE and SVK teams would complement each other very well. SVK has much better MBs and also a better libero, while CZE is much better on all other positions. Maybe it's time for a reunion of CSSR? ;)

Hahah, true indeed. I would say same thing for neighbors BEL and NED. Belgians have dominant MBs with good libero and only defensive OHs while NED has many offensive OHs, good Opp lacking good libero (in the absence of Stam)

SVK was quite successful in youth and junior level in past 3-4 generation, It is a pity that those players could not improve their game in senior level

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 9:16pm

B is definitely the weakest pool, all others are more balanced.

Favourite Players: Micah Christenson

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 9:29pm

According to 2015 edition

1st row in pools composition is hosts, and 2/3 pick by host
2nd row draw from next 4 best ranked from last edition
Others will be drawn.

• "serdar" is male

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 11:17pm

According to 2015 edition

1st row in pools composition is hosts, and 2/3 pick by host
2nd row draw from next 4 best ranked from last edition
Others will be drawn.

If so, I assume host would choose the strongest team to prevent them to be drawn in the their pool. Then, it is impossible to predict something. Let's see how will it look like next year

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "serdar" (Oct 8th 2016, 1:17am)

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, October 9th 2016, 7:50pm

Hungary and Romania are playing an incredible match. The level of play is nightmarish but both teams show one hell of a fight, they needed 1h45 for 3 sets so far :white: The match consists basically only of long rallies, but not because both teams are doing exceptionally great in defense (though surely doing well!), but because something like 80% of the attacks are badly placed half-hearted soft spikes :aww:

Romania had three chances to get the ticket in 3rd set but Hungary could turn it around to win 27:25 and stay alive.

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław, ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle; NTs Male: POL, RUS, BRA; NTs Female: POL, DOM, JPN, BRA, ITA, RUS

Favourite Players: Jeoselina Rodriguez, Kasia Skowrońska, Kasia Mroczkowska, Kosheleva, Jaqueline, Takeshita, Saori, Kurek, Igła, Bociek, Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Moroz, Lucas

Sunday, October 9th 2016, 8:59pm

Hungary won it 3-1 and grabbed spot on ECH after Golden Set :D
Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Social bookmarks