European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• yes, i see that her shirt name is collar-nguema, that seems from equat. guinea.

rivero is so young, if she moved to spain from cuba, she must have been a child, and thus was not a product of the cuban sports system?

Yes, she moved to spain when she was 4-5 years old. She started to play here when she was 7.

• thank you.

interesting, I went to laola and I didn't see any of the matches of GRE.

I finished ESP x BEL (0-3). spain really horrible in passing and defense. rivero punches hard but can't pass. sometimes I think she jumps too early? she doesn't have great control sometimes of her swing. correa is there just for decoration? she never gets any sets! segura, for an OPP, also gets very few sets. helia is truly the heart of this team, she does everything. BEL in contrast constantly attacking from the middle. I really like heyrmann.

• Does CEV still use serpentine system for seeding teams? If so, based on updated CEV ranking, the groups should be like this;

A: AZE - TUR - BEL - ESP
    B: GEO - NED - CRO - ROU
    C: RUS - ITA - POL - BLR
    D: SRB - GER - BUL - CZE

Pool of GEO and AZE can be switched since there is no rule specific rule about which host will be seeded in Pool A. If CEV would use serpentine seeding instead of draws, Group C and D would be quite interesting :whistle:

• Does CEV still use serpentine system for seeding teams? If so, based on updated CEV ranking, the groups should be like this;

Pool of GEO and AZE can be switched since there is no rule specific rule about which host will be seeded in Pool A. If CEV would use serpentine seeding instead of draws, Group C and D would be quite interesting :whistle:

As far as I am concerned they are doing some mix. They are seeding some teams and then doing draw for the rest.

To be honest. I think poll A is much stronger than D, and maybe even C..

• To be honest. I think poll A is much stronger than D, and maybe even C..

You might be right indeed. BUL without Rabadzhieva and CZE without Havelkova did not show anything special while both POL and GER are in a mess. On the other hand, BEL is always a dangerous opponent (especially with addition of great talent Britt, they do not lack power from OH) and AZE could make surprise as a host. But it is quite early to make prediction one year beforehand :whistle:

It would be great for Croatia that this is true :D

• CZE and SVK teams would complement each other very well. SVK has much better MBs and also a better libero, while CZE is much better on all other positions. Maybe it's time for a reunion of CSSR? ;)

Hahah, true indeed. I would say same thing for neighbors BEL and NED. Belgians have dominant MBs with good libero and only defensive OHs while NED has many offensive OHs, good Opp lacking good libero (in the absence of Stam)

SVK was quite successful in youth and junior level in past 3-4 generation, It is a pity that those players could not improve their game in senior level

• According to 2015 edition

1st row in pools composition is hosts, and 2/3 pick by host
    2nd row draw from next 4 best ranked from last edition
    Others will be drawn.

If so, I assume host would choose the strongest team to prevent them to be drawn in the their pool. Then, it is impossible to predict something. Let's see how will it look like next year

• Hungary and Romania are playing an incredible match. The level of play is nightmarish but both teams show one hell of a fight, they needed 1h45 for 3 sets so far :white: The match consists basically only of long rallies, but not because both teams are doing exceptionally great in defense (though surely doing well!), but because something like 80% of the attacks are badly placed half-hearted soft spikes :aww:

Romania had three chances to get the ticket in 3rd set but Hungary could turn it around to win 27:25 and stay alive.

• Hungary won it 3-1 and grabbed spot on ECH after Golden Set :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game