European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• Wow! Amazing job girls!!! :drink: :box:

At Russian side, I mentioned it since WGP, Russia needs Startseva back desperately. Since she missed CL together with Gamova because of doping issues, Russian volleyball is suffering from lack of decent setters. Filistinskaia is mentally weak and Kosianenko has no skills to play at this level as setter. Funny fact is, another slavic team Bulgaria suffers from the same problem.

Oh Meryem! I take all my words back, she was such a beast today and big applaud to her. Guidetti deserves credits also since he didnt wait too long until he replaced Örge with Merve which made a big difference in defense. Naz looks like she woke up from a long sleep and was back to usual Naz tonight which made again a big difference. As long as Guidetti keeps his doors open and makes proper substitutions on time, Turkey-Serbia match can be challenging with good quality. Tonight he didnt tolerate Neriman & Örge for long and he got an easy win, I hope he will do the same against Serbia! Go girls :super:

• Russia's system has NOT been working for many years now. Kosheleva and Goncharova haven't been able to solve the team's problems on their own for too much time. I can't believe everyone is realizing it only now...

• Russia's system has been working for many years now. Kosheleva and Goncharova haven't been able to solve the team's problems on their own for too much time. I can't believe everyone is realizing it just now...

While I was watching Azerbaijan today, I actually thought that Rahimova would be a much better replacement for Gamova in Russian NT for some reason. Maybe it is because both like to hit from zone 4...

• That's true. My only problem with Filishtinskaia is her nerves. Sometimes she sets nervously. Overall she's a good setter who can bring the potential of Russia to better heights because of her athleticism. That's why I am disappointed with the lack of her court time.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think Russia should change whole system.It's not working anymore.

I agree with the latter, the magic is clearly gone as the two main guns cannot finish the ball in as they used to (possibly bcs their rivals are better adjusted for that).

I would question the system statement as I couldn't much of that from Rus at this ECH. I assumed that the younger players would be given more chance to play. The second touch is clearly not working as noone in the team can convert a good defense into a correctly placed high set. Hence block-defense works just sporadically and the whole performance is very boring. I seriously think they need some meldonium a *new* ambitious coach with own vision and possibly some new blood. I also cannot explain why their motor skills are so poor.

The big-big-big problem is that there's a good chance that Ushakov will stay. There's a substantial corruption element that will help him stay afloat, just like he did after winning the fifth spot in the domestic champ with Krasnodar. Plus, the fact that the coach was changed just before the tourney gives "Kastet" an kind of excuse. The guy is not a coach at all and I doubt he will ever become one.

• While I was watching Azerbaijan today, I actually thought that Rahimova would be a much better replacement for Gamova in Russian NT for some reason. Maybe it is because both like to hit from zone 4...

Sorry that I meant the opposite. The system has NOT been working, I edited later :lol: :lol: :lol:

• The serve has evolve which is something Russia has not fully grasp yet and I believe Russia needs to play Voronkova more. It is time for redesign of the NT cause she's a better receiver than Kosheleva and ofcourse younger which makes her more attuned to improve. The lack of playing time costed them the tournament. It would have helped her get her rhythm back after playing as an opposite during WGP. I really feel Kosheleva needs to either play as a non-receiver or opposite but even with that. Goncharova even plays better at 4 so it'll be harder for her to overcome Goncharova as long as she's playing and healthy.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ushakov: “I do not have any words and there is nothing I can say about this match.”
    :lol:

He overall struggles with talking as if he were a pro boxer. But, sadly, he's... essentially the federation is packed with his teammates from CSKA Moscow from early 1990 so administratively he's been supported to say the least colossally.

• I've said many times, I'll repeat again.. You guys should stick to your opinion longer than a week you know.. When Turkey lost to Russia and Bulgaria in the group stage, Guidetti was a moron, who didn't know how to make a proper substition, who gave them 10 days more rest for the wedding of Gozde, who brought his stupid wife and left Beyza at home, who didn't start with Polen... I agree with some od those oponions of course but a great coach isn't someone who wins a single match, and an awful coach isn't someone who loses one.. So maybe people here should think more before saying such harsh things.. It implies to both coaches and players, and goes both ways good or bad.. it has been done many many times here

• Congrats Turkish girls and Guidetti!! :rose: and really hope to see TUR-NED match :rolll:

• The serve has evolve which is something Russia has not fully grasp yet and I believe Russia needs to play Voronkova more. It is time for redesign of the NT cause she's a better receiver than Kosheleva and ofcourse younger which makes her more attuned to improve. The lack of playing time costed them the tournament. It would have helped her get her rhythm back after playing as an opposite during WGP. I really feel Kosheleva needs to either play as a non-receiver or opposite but even with that. Goncharova even plays better at 4 so it'll be harder for her to overcome Goncharova as long as she's playing and healthy.

Can't agree more! Should've let two young OHs (Voronkova + Ilchenko-Parubets + poss Sherban) play more together instead of the boring and ageing Frolova/Kosheleva duo. Voronkova needs to get in a better shape. Her palm is just superb but she lacks the speed when approaching the ball. The big momentum helps but there are better ways of scoring. Plus, her approach is very readable. Note also that Kosheleva is a much better blocker.

Kosheleva is certainly better off now, after a year in Turkey, but I don't think he performance is better. Tons of poor touches, as if she hasn't been practicing at all. Bizarre.

• The change of coach implies something has happened internally before this tournament?

I believe the former coach of Russia is better tactically but he was also careless when he said things about other players.

Ushakov needs to find better solutions or he will get the sack. Maybe it is time for a foreign coach?

#FreeBritney

• I've said many times, I'll repeat again.. You guys should stick to your opinion longer than a week you know.. When Turkey lost to Russia and Bulgaria in the group stage, Guidetti was a moron, who didn't know how to make a proper substition, who gave them 10 days more rest for the wedding of Gozde, who brought his stupid wife and left Beyza at home, who didn't start with Polen... I agree with some od those oponions of course but a great coach isn't someone who wins a single match, and an awful coach isn't someone who loses one.. So maybe people here should think more before saying such harsh things.. It implies to both coaches and players, and goes both ways good or bad.. it has been done many many times here

Please he got lucky to find terrible Russia as an opponent. Still 10 day rest for Gozde's wedding was unacceptable.

• Congrats to Turkish Girls and Guidetti for the win over Russia and good luck at SF

i started to watch it from the last points of first set.i think it was a crucial set..was good winning a close set in terms of points
    Turkey served well.most importantly made LESS/FEW MİSTAKES.this is very important i hope and wish they keep playing this way (making few mistakes) against Serbia too

I liked Naz's game.She distributed well.
    I liked Meryem's game.She helped team a lot.Congrats Meryem! you took a step forward mentally. pls keep it this way!
    Kübra and Eda were important.both played with 11 pts which was pretty important and helpful
    Gözde first time offensively played a good/useful match
    Güldeniz served pretty well.the part she served was pretty amusing. i and the commentators of the match had fun while Güldeniz was trying to target Voronkova on serve while Russia trying to hide her from passing yet güldeniz found her :D however Güldeniz was offensively the worst player.she should play much better than that at SF.
    i missed libero Merve's saves indeed.i saw that Örge has still lots things to learn

• Can't agree more! Should've let two young OHs (Voronkova + Ilchenko-Parubets + poss Sherban) play more together instead of the boring and ageing Frolova/Kosheleva duo. Voronkova needs to get in a better shape. Her palm is just superb but she lacks the speed when approaching the ball. The big momentum helps but there are better ways of scoring. Plus, her approach is very readable. Note also that Kosheleva is a much better blocker.

Kosheleva is certainly better off now, after a year in Turkey, but I don't think he performance is better. Tons of poor touches, as if she hasn't been practicing at all. Bizarre.

If there was anyone who should've played during WGP... I think it is Kosheleva. Goncharova needed all the rest in the world after playing through out the years.

It would've been perfect if they tested Voronkova as a receiving opposite while Kosheleva is a non-receiving OH or as a receiving OH while Kosheleva plays as a traditional opposite.

Kosheleva is lacking technique. She's supposed to kill it but a lot of blockers has been taking touches of her hits which slows down the ball. I don't know... This team is stronger than Turkey on paper but the chemistry is off since they have no fixed lineup.

As I said before... They should've gone down with Frolova good or bad but instead they keep changing the lineup with no direction at all as a team.

#FreeBritney

• Kosheleva didnt have a good season with Vitra last season in Turkey.maybe she will have more playing time in Galatasaray this season and that way we can watch a better Kosheleva.She is also not that young anymore.

i get that its not easy for Voronkova to pass tough serves well but id except Parubets to pass better than that.i mean she is offensively not a Kosheleva so if she cant pass in a decent level she cant be a starter in this team.Frolova is best passer of this Russian team.Russia has been getting good results at younger age groups in the recent years so they will keep being a good team in the future