European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• Ko lacks the technique bcs she never needed to develop it. She is (still) the highest jumper in female volleyball but now she's hitting the track of Bartosz Kurek, i.e. superb physique, decent wages - what else do you need? - but people know how to deal with her. There was a hope for her to improve in general when she was playing for Kazan some time ago. They pushed her a bit and she improved defensively a lot but then the ways had parted.

I do not know what exactly happened that made them change the coach. What was totally weird was that Kuzyutkin was still with the team, sitting on his chair all alone during the games. I'm just puzzled - it echoes another trick back from 2014 when they decided to play with Ko and Go as OHs and let Gamova play opp. This strategy works for Zenit Kazan though :).

• Kosheleva didnt have a good season with Vitra last season in Turkey.maybe she will have more playing time in Galatasaray this season and that way we can watch a better Kosheleva.She is also not that young anymore.

i get that its not easy for Voronkova to pass tough serves well but id except Parubets to pass better than that.i mean she is offensively not a Kosheleva so if she cant pass in a decent level she cant be a starter in this team.Frolova is best passer of this Russian team.Russia has been getting good results at younger age groups in the recent years so they will keep being a good team in the future

The problem with Frolova is that she is not perfect (good defensive digger but not the best receiver), not very smart in the offense and... not that young. Parubets is younger/taller and technically gifted.

With Kosheleva, whether it was a good or bad season results-wise, she didn't spend it on the bench. A new league is a new challenge and perhaps the only opportunity for a mature player to improve. Also, differently from Dinamo Krasnodar where the genius coach made her play opposite (would you guess the name of that guy?) she spent the season as an OH, i.e. had at least some receiving practice. When she set the transition ball to the opposite side with her first touch in set 2 - that looked dangerously amateurish.

• That 2014 World Championship was a disaster though.

I keep on hearing Paul Sunderland begging for Marichev to substitute Kosheleva for a decent receiver in his commentary. :rolll:

I absolutely love Kosheleva but there's just a point where the two person reception is just not gonna happen when the serve has become such a weapon in modern volleyball.

Position is everything and if there's an empty space... Even the best receivers cannot handle the passing if there are basically two-four players hidden from reception(middle blocker and setter included).

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The problem with Frolova is that she is not perfect (good defensive digger but not the best receiver), not very smart in the offense and... not that young. Parubets is younger/taller and technically gifted.

With Kosheleva, whether it was a good or bad season results-wise, she didn't spend it on the bench. A new league is a new challenge and perhaps the only opportunity for a mature player to improve. Also, differently from Dinamo Krasnodar where the genius coach made her play opposite (would you guess the name of that guy?) she spent the season as an OH, i.e. had at least some receiving practice. When she set the transition ball to the opposite side with her first touch in set 2 - that looked dangerously amateurish.

lol .
    anyway,russia should give more chances to its "younger" players in more tournaments (parubets,voronkova) ..so should turkey

• I don't like Frolova but she was like the glue holding the Russian team together. :whistle:

I agree with the people in here saying that young players like Parubets and Voronkova should have played more... So this loss could've been more acceptable.

And most especially... Starting Filishtinskaia! How? She's infinitely better at almost everything than Kosianenko but they limited her court time!!! Reception is not gonna going to be fixed overnight but setter should be doing their best whenever possible. God Russia is clueless. Atleast this loss will get them back to finally understand what is wrong with this team. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Many people say Startseva is really missed in this ECH and I agree. Fili and Pankova have been really bad and the last has been a big advantange for the other teams. She used to have a decent defense, but I really cant remember the last time she performed "well" in this side. But, I also think Malova was a big loss for Russia. In terms of digginf, for me she is one of the best liberos. Her reception is shaky, but at least better than Treytakova.

Congrats to Turkey! For me, it wasnt such a surprise this victory. They played better against Poland than in the group stage, as well as Meryem Boz woke up in this elimination round. The poor contribition of the OPPs in the first matches were the reason of the low performance of the turks. Also, the reception was much better. Good that Naz started to set more to Eda! She is the true leader of her team! :) Just lover her!

Btw, I agree Pankova is a big liabilty for Russia, that she hasnt performed in an excellent way since the 2013 ECH, when she surprised us in a good way, etc, etc, but I found it really pathetic to call her Miss Piggie. We could number all her defects about her vball skills (there are a lot of them) , but I dont think it is necessarily to call her in that way.

• In volleybal forum reading comments about president, presidnet's wife, president's daughter is really funny :lol:
    Guys, Is it so hard just congratulate Azerbaijan? I wonder what will be topic if AZE beat NED :)

After 12 years, Azerbaijan is again in semi finals in European Championship. In 2005, Azerbaijan was 4th, but I hope this time we will get medal. Mammadova received better than Durr today, Samadova is the player we needed for so long and no words for Polina! Just Amazing :super:

Tomorrow we play against NED the team which we won in World Championship Qualification, this will be extra motivation for NED, but I hope girls will not lose their concentration and get 24th victory in row. :super:

• I'm just frustrated with Russia... Even fans of of football call their coaches and players some worse names. It was just in the heat of the moment, really. As a fan... Sometimes I forget my bearings.

#FreeBritney

• i wondered about that..you happened to replied my question in my head..

• I don't like Frolova but she was like the glue holding the Russian team together. :whistle:

I agree with the people in here saying that young players like Parubets and Voronkova should have played more... So this loss could've been more acceptable.

And most especially... Starting Filishtinskaia! How? She's infinitely better at almost everything than Kosianenko but they limited her court time!!! Reception is not gonna going to be fixed overnight but setter should be doing their best whenever possible. God Russia is clueless. Atleast this loss will get them back to finally understand what is wrong with this team. :whistle:

I lost count of how many times this exact sentence has been said over the last few years. :whistle:

• Is Vetrova injured? Even she was benching Kosianenko in Dinamo Moscow. I find the lack of her presence really dumbfounding when she is the closest setter who plays with the style of Startseva.

#FreeBritney

• That's clear to everyone, except for our Federation :down:

actually by that post of mine..i was referring to someone here who had been picking on kosianenko since an hour with the same sentences on and on

of course she(pankova) can be critized for some reasons..but what could she do with this passing ?

• Everyone and their grandmothers are expecting that the russian passing is going to be bad my dear.

The hope was that Russia setters can make a decent touch so that the two bombers(Goncharova and Kosheleva can kill the ball). Unfortunately, Kosianenko is so slow, limited in height and block and predictable gave the game away before the game even started. :whistle:

#FreeBritney