European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• Please just be careless and keep your promises, that leaves this forum (well...to be clearer this thread) peaceful.

Honey, I left his forum one time...and wanna know why I came back?..I was getting a lot of messages from users asking why I left and wanting me to come back, because I`m one of the few users that is usually always active and providing links and info about tournaments and games. A lot of people over here thinks I`m useful for them, so for them I will stay...

• Oh I kindly reject you to call me honey and I'm never asking you to leave this forum, I wouldn't give a shit whether you are staying or whatsoever you are doing. It's just that you said you would be so careless about this tournament and you are supposedly not keeping your promise, that's what I meant.

• Congrats Serbia! You just trashed and swept the floor with Turkey! It was such an impressive demostration of this beautiful sport!
    It has been a 10 points performance!

Cant imagine if Ana were here too!

So the BFFs will play for the bronze medal. It would be a nice match to see! :box:

• Oh I kindly reject you to call me honey and I'm never asking you to leave this forum, I wouldn't give a shit whether you are staying or whatsoever you are doing. It's just that you said you would be so careless about this tournament and you are supposedly not keeping your promise, that's what I meant.

I bet he watched every single ECh matches :lol:

• Well congratz Serbia. I am not too disappointed as I already knew Serbia is from a whole other level then basically any team atm. The girls didn't seem ready to me, they were still processing the Russia win and it was a good win. Serbia was already the gold medal team. I believe we can get bronze and that would be a great achievememt for Turkey for now. 3rd of Europe is not bad at all. We still have to beat Azerbaijan ofc.

Boskovic is the best bye

• Congrats to Serbia, everything worked perfect for them. I want the dutch to grab the gold but realistically I would be very surprised if Serbia doesn't make it. Well, what to say, Boskovic is just beyond everything.

• I would be surprise if Dutch team win set against Serbia.

• Brazil beat Serbia 2x in the GP this year... In the semi-final Boskovic scored 28 points ( 12 points in the 1st set) but it was not enough to beat Brazil.
    Brazil blocked Boskovic and Mihajlovic quite a few times.

rbdfabio, you have so much experience with volleyball... yet I still have to remind you to not use the WGP for any serious measurement/judgement, the WGP tends to give an inaccurate calibration due to its inherent nature to be used as an event for team experimentation with new players or some particular lineup and so on. Just do not take WGP too seriously :D :P

He he he congratulations to the Serbian team... the outcome is beyond my expectation, I expect a tougher match against the Turkish team... though I always put high confidence that SRB will grab the trophy this year. Now the gold won't go anywhere but allotted to the Slavic ladies :rose:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• a team may look perfect until its weakness is found. Ex: Serbia before Olympic final.

My opinion is that Serbia's weakness is mihajlovic, as a spiker she is not as dominant as Boskovic or Zhu Ting. her reception is mediocre, and she is often out of energy after 2 or 3 sets. So, just target Maha on the serves and blocks.

• a team may look perfect until its weakness is found. Ex: Serbia before Olympic final.

My opinion is that Serbia's weakness is mihajlovic, as a spiker she is not as dominant as Boskovic or Zhu Ting. her reception is mediocre, and she is often out of energy after 2 or 3 sets. So, just target Maha on the serves and blocks.

Of course no single team is perfect, flawless... there's always some deficiency with every team. But to be able to exploit the said weakness of Mihajlovic the opposing team need to be formidable in all areas, namely "a complete team" to match the quality of the Serbian team... at present I only see two teams that can do that, CHN & BRA, still there's no guarantee that these teams will win, much depends on the state and form of each team when they're seeing each other. For all other teams in CEV, I just don't see it at present... unless perhaps at a situation whereas SRB is at its down (or lower) form while its opponent is at its top form. To say it in other words... within the CEV domain, if SRB is at its top form and its opponent is also at its top form, still the SRB team is the favorite between the two... at present.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

I agree thas she gets tired quickly, but Zhu Ting passing is close to 0, Brankica at least tries and she is better digger. Zhu Ting's game is all about spikes and blocks.
    Boskovic is an opposite, I don't get the reason to compare her to an outside hitter. Zhu Ting's role in her team is more similar to Tijana's, of course; but the serbian is a better server.

• I agree thas she gets tired quickly, but Zhu Ting passing is close to 0, Brankica at least tries and she is better digger. Zhu Ting's game is all about spikes and blocks.
    Boskovic is an opposite, I don't get the reason to compare her to an outside hitter. Zhu Ting's role in her team is more similar to Tijana's, of course; but the serbian is a better server.

Stop making things up. Zhu was 4th best receiver at Rio, even better than KYK. She outranked Brankica in all statistical categories. Isn't it easier to admit you are just a Zhu hater? :lol:

• Stop making things up. Zhu was 4th best receiver at Rio, even better than KYK. She outranked Brankica in all statistical categories. Isn't it easier to admit you are just a Zhu hater? :lol:

Covering 1m of court whoever could archive 90% perfect passing. :lol:

Sorry, I'm for all-around players. More Piccinini, Logan Tom, Del Core... That's all. :win:

You can clearly see in this tournament the terrible level of passing. All you need is service lately.

• I don't see anything too controversial in saying that Bošković doesn't play as good in her club as on NT, if that's what the Turkish commentators were saying. It doesn't mean she was bad in Eczacibasi, that's ridiculous, it's just that playing on NT brings a little extra out of her and makes put a performances like this where it seems like she can't do anything wrong. And it's not much of a surprise, really, considering that Serbian NT is a well established system with a clearly defined role as a leader for her, while Eczacibasi was a mess in the last two years. Perhaps the next season will be different.

• I don't see anything too controversial in saying that Bošković doesn't play as good in her club as on NT, if that's what the Turkish commentators were saying. It doesn't mean she was bad in Eczacibasi, that's ridiculous, it's just that playing on NT brings a little extra out of her and makes put a performances like this where it seems like she can't do anything wrong. And it's not much of a surprise, really, considering that Serbian NT is a well established system with a clearly defined role as a leader for her, while Eczacibasi was a mess in the last two years. Perhaps the next season will be different.

But it's not something unsual even if it's true.. Kozuch has always brought it for the NT, and has been rather weak in her clubs (she rocked in Pomi TBH), Logan is also another example..

• Congratulations to Netherlands for the win: the game has been emotional, especially since half of the fourth set. Anyway, as other users said Serbia is superior in every aspect of the game; I just hope it can be a good match and that it lasts a bit more than the second semifinal. The best teams reached the final, they both deserved the result!

• congrats Serbian team they crushed Turkey
    if you can beat them in friendlies then can play better than this
    they could have stopped Mihaylovic at least with "blocks" i dont think she is an unstoppable player..block was terrible
    like in 2011 beat russia and be crushed by serbia..this is terrible!

for bronze...Aze team as the host and with its performance so far deserves this bronze.

• congrats Serbian team they crushed Turkey
    if you can beat them in friendlies then can play better than this
    they could have stopped Mihaylovic at least with "blocks" i dont think she is an unstoppable player..block was terrible
    like in 2011 beat russia and be crushed by serbia..this is terrible!

for bronze...Aze team as the host and with its performance so far deserves this bronze.

In 2011 Turkey was not crushed in the semifinal, it was 3-2.. Also back then Serbia was far from dominant.. In fact Germany dominated the whole competition, I'm wondering how they managed to lose in that final..

• I agree thas she gets tired quickly, but Zhu Ting passing is close to 0, Brankica at least tries and she is better digger. Zhu Ting's game is all about spikes and blocks.

you don't miss any opportunity dissing Zhu Ting, do you? Zhu is not a liberto, she just need to cover enough space in reception. and stop lying ok? Zhu's reception and digging stats is one of the best among OH. numbers don't lie, but you do.

I didn't compare Boskovic to Zhu, look carefully. But, since you mentioned, in terms of spiking, Zhu has higher success and efficiency rate, even higher than Gamova in her peak if you want to compare. not to mention blocking and reception.

Afterall, Zhu is the most valuable player in the world. 1.35 million euro,higher than any female and male volleyball player.

Every time you diss Zhu, all you can say is "oh, she is just all about spiking...", and can't provide any further evidence. But I can use evidence to slap your face every time.