You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 12:54am

a team may look perfect until its weakness is found. Ex: Serbia before Olympic final.

My opinion is that Serbia's weakness is mihajlovic, as a spiker she is not as dominant as Boskovic or Zhu Ting. her reception is mediocre, and she is often out of energy after 2 or 3 sets. So, just target Maha on the serves and blocks.

I agree thas she gets tired quickly, but Zhu Ting passing is close to 0, Brankica at least tries and she is better digger. Zhu Ting's game is all about spikes and blocks.
Boskovic is an opposite, I don't get the reason to compare her to an outside hitter. Zhu Ting's role in her team is more similar to Tijana's, of course; but the serbian is a better server.
you don't miss any opportunity dissing Zhu Ting, do you? Zhu is not a liberto, she just need to cover enough space in reception. and stop lying ok? Zhu's reception and digging stats is one of the best among OH. numbers don't lie, but you do.

I didn't compare Boskovic to Zhu, look carefully. But, since you mentioned, in terms of spiking, Zhu has higher success and efficiency rate, even higher than Gamova in her peak if you want to compare. not to mention blocking and reception.

Afterall, Zhu is the most valuable player in the world. 1.35 million euro,higher than any female and male volleyball player.

Every time you diss Zhu, all you can say is "oh, she is just all about spiking...", and can't provide any further evidence. But I can use evidence to slap your face every time.

No insults.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SHAME" (Oct 1st 2017, 12:44pm)

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 4:56am

some days, you are the hunter and some days, you're the hunted.

today TUR felt what RUS felt yesterday... what goes around comes around, that's how the world turns.

maybe the TUR team couldn't focus after that crazy victory over RUS yesterday, or maybe, SRB was just too good for them. who knows?

it'll be interesting what happens tomorrow. unfort. i might not watch them live. good luck to all the combatants!

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 6:41am

a team may look perfect until its weakness is found. Ex: Serbia before Olympic final.

My opinion is that Serbia's weakness is mihajlovic, as a spiker she is not as dominant as Boskovic or Zhu Ting. her reception is mediocre, and she is often out of energy after 2 or 3 sets. So, just target Maha on the serves and blocks.

I agree thas she gets tired quickly, but Zhu Ting passing is close to 0, Brankica at least tries and she is better digger. Zhu Ting's game is all about spikes and blocks.
Boskovic is an opposite, I don't get the reason to compare her to an outside hitter. Zhu Ting's role in her team is more similar to Tijana's, of course; but the serbian is a better server.
Stop making things up. Zhu was 4th best receiver at Rio, even better than KYK. She outranked Brankica in all statistical categories. Isn't it easier to admit you are just a Zhu hater? :lol:

Covering 1m of court whoever could archive 90% perfect passing. :lol:

Sorry, I'm for all-around players. More Piccinini, Logan Tom, Del Core... That's all. :win:

You can clearly see in this tournament the terrible level of passing. All you need is service lately.

Zhu ting is the NO.4 best digger in world grand championship!!! http://grandchampionscup.2017.women.fivb…ics/bestdiggers
Actually,Zhuting's receiving is getter better and better, it is definitly not equal to 0 like what you say. She receives better than lots of outside hitters. So called all round player is so weak at attack and block compared to Zhuting. :teach:

She is the queen of women volleyball now. And she is humble. That is why lots of world-class women player like Guimaraes Gabriela Braga ,foluke akinradewo and so many other pro players admire and like her!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leo2017" (Oct 1st 2017, 6:48am)

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 8:27am

congrats Serbian team they crushed Turkey
if you can beat them in friendlies then can play better than this
they could have stopped Mihaylovic at least with "blocks" i dont think she is an unstoppable player..block was terrible
like in 2011 beat russia and be crushed by serbia..this is terrible!

for bronze...Aze team as the host and with its performance so far deserves this bronze.

In 2011 Turkey was not crushed in the semifinal, it was 3-2.. Also back then Serbia was far from dominant.. In fact Germany dominated the whole competition, I'm wondering how they managed to lose in that final..

Yes, Germany was already 2 sets to 1 up against Serbia in final and leading in points in fourth, before the hosts supported by their crowd in Beograd turned things around to prevail in Tie-Break. That was definitely Germanys biggest chance ever, to become European Champions (I don't count the GDR results, because they were doping systematically and heavily).

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 1:00pm

Wow Congrats Serbia! I agree on Gio's talk today that Serbia is in another level...Simply Serbia did the same what Turkey did to Russia, amazing serves and blocks.

I didnt listen what turkish commentators said, they are really stupid anyway, I usually mute when I watch Trtspor but I can tell that that was the best Boskovic performance I watched for a long time, she was incredible and nonstoppable. Go girl! :super:

About Turkey, it was clearly a bad idea to come here with 3 MBs and especially picking Bahar over Diclenur and Beyza. Both Dicle and Beyze would contribute more when she came in. I felt bad for Guidetti because team gave no signals to win or do anything. Matching Guldeniz with Boskovic was a bad idea. Gamze could start 3rd set considering Serbia could read Naz's game so easy. However nothing could help Turkey yesterday, they need to work on a team for a year long to reach the Serbia's level. :wavy:

Kk15

Sage

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 1:26pm

Congrats Serbia and Ned!!! The team I wanted in the final reached it :D (beside Italy, obviously)

I expected both team to win its semi, but I thought the first match would have been a more clear victory and the second a less clear one, while it was the exact opposite!

Yesterday my WiFi performed terribly so I couldn't watch nothing beside the last set of Serbia-Turkey, when I realized the match was aired on Raisport as well. I followed the livescore a bit and the 4th set of Aze-Ned was unbelievable! Even if in this ECh we should got used to that by now...

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KIM YK & EDA ERDEM

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 1:56pm

Guidetti said pre tournament that his goal was to get a medal. Let's see if he will succeed.

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:02pm

Am I crazy or Onal is really playing as OPP? But I only saw her attacking in zone 4...

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:03pm

Yes receiving Opp since reception was a mess. Just since the like mid of 2nd set though.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:04pm

Am I crazy or Onal is really playing as OPP? But I only saw her attacking in zone 4...
She came in to replace Boz in order to free Neriman from reception but still have her for (backrow) attacking.

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:06pm

I don't see anything too controversial in saying that Bošković doesn't play as good in her club as on NT, if that's what the Turkish commentators were saying. It doesn't mean she was bad in Eczacibasi, that's ridiculous, it's just that playing on NT brings a little extra out of her and makes put a performances like this where it seems like she can't do anything wrong. And it's not much of a surprise, really, considering that Serbian NT is a well established system with a clearly defined role as a leader for her, while Eczacibasi was a mess in the last two years. Perhaps the next season will be different.

That's what I am talking about! This season Motta will make this roles more clear and probably she will be showing this performance there too :super:

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Fabiana, Jucy, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:06pm

Looks like it worked well... :super:

But I still wish Neshilan was there instead of these weak OPPs

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:11pm

Kübra should have her eyes checked, her false reclamations cost Turkey both challenges for 3rd set already before 1st TTO :white:

Sidney

Master

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:12pm

Kubra is not NT material. Too many stupid mistakes.

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:14pm

Zehra Günes (18yrs old) will play in Vakifbank this season with Kübra. She is 198cm and similar like Kübra. If she performs great we can finally say bye to Kübra in NT. :teach:

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:27pm

Kubra is not NT material. Too many stupid mistakes.

Kubra is doing quite well. To me, she is our most consistent player after Eda for this tournament

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:32pm

This match so far proves me my point that Serbia is the best team in world right now.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:34pm

World Championship is still a year away. Kubra not making it or not is a question who else will or will not be coming, who will stay fit and who will not be available(let's be real, these players are still women...they get pregnant :gone: )

Sure she's not world class yet but she's young. I've seen many players who improve in under a year or their form drop before the tournament.

Guidetti also has some things to consider. You'll never know if he'll try some players to play in other positions. :whistle:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:37pm

What a boring match now :S AZE are dead on their feet.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 3:37pm

This match so far proves me my point that Serbia is the best team in world right now.

This competition does not prove anything.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Social bookmarks