European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• 5 points in a row from Gözde :white: It is a pity that she is getting in shape in the end of tournament :down:

• And for your WGP probably does.

Croatia couldn't even qualify to the group 1 of World Grand Prix, boo. :rolll:

And please... I'm talking about the path of Serbia to the final. It wasn't even difficult. They had the easiest. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Congrats Turkey.

Now Turkish fans can breathe more comfortably. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Croatia couldn't even qualify to the group 1 of World Grand Prix, boo. :rolll:

And please... I'm talking about the path of Serbia to the final. It wasn't even difficult. They had the easiest. :whistle:

Easiest? :what: While SRB was playing against NED, CZE and BEL, Italy was the one who played in the joke group :lol:

By the way, considering this AZE played tie-break with NED, probably TUR could have reached to final if our opponent in semis was NED :down:

• Easiest? :what: While SRB was playing against NED, CZE and BEL, Italy was the one who played in the joke group :lol:

By the way, considering this AZE played tie-break with NED, probably TUR could have reached to final if our opponent in semis was NED :down:

Netherlands would've gone home earlier if Robin De Kruijf wasn't available. Please. Netherlands was weak during pool play.

You really think Belgium and Czech Republic are world class? :white:

#FreeBritney

• Congrats Turkey!

Gözde and Naz seem to find their shape now in the very end of the tournament. I still dislike Örge, I hope someone else will take her spot soon. It is sad that Turkey went back to Barbolini's system from 2-3 years ago with Guldeniz/Meliha as receiving opposite. That implies that Turkey couldnt find a replacement for Neslihan since back then :white:

Oh god, not Zehra! She is just like a younger and inexperienced version of Kubra. I watched some matches of her playing and she is tricked so easily and leaves opponents against single blocks so often. Kubra was the same though she improved that element a bit. IMO, Turkey needs more athletic middles, even faster than Eda and none of the middles we have are promising in that aspect.

Now Im really curious of Serbia-Netherlands match, because Serbia simply should crush Netherlands considering how they played against Turkey and how Netherlands played against Azeris yesterday. I wish it was a Turkey-Netherlands semi-final now :cheesy:

• i only caught match in middle of 3rd set.

in the last set, rahimova with 0 kills.

why didn't AZE coach started semi match with bayramova, she certainly did better than samadova or n. mammadova at crucial moments.

i still think AZE is not a balanced team. very weak passing and defense, they depend solely on the two twin towers, and even more on polina. n. mammadova is weak in passing and not a big killer either in spite of her height.

i thought also that TUR might be in the final (and get silver) if they faced NED in the semis.

• This competition does not prove anything.

This tournament proves Italy as a team is still not strong both physically and mentally. Serbia is the strongest team in europe and I have to admit Serbia is still the strongest team on paper in the world now.
    Serbia lost the gold medal to China twice in World Cup and Olympics. Let us see what will happen next year in 2018. :teach:

• Considering how much NED struggled with AZE and TUR crushes them while SRB crushed TUR. I can't help but think SRB will kill NED and it will be a super boring FINAL.

I am happy the girls got bronze, so Guidetti got his medal but I do hope he realizes this is not the team to go. He shall have to invest in youngsters and he has enough options too. :teach:

• 4-20 :white:

And how does this competition prove nothing, it is Ech 8|

ECH can only prove they are the champions of europe as the name of competition implies.Nothing more and nothing less than that.

#FreeBritney

• ossubtus I know it doesn't have to mean anything

Rains and how many countries are that competitive outside of CEV? I can't think of 10. Big three China USA and Brazil are better then almost any European team except probably Serbia. So it means quite a lot on world level too to be best of Europe which Serbia is (will be)

• This tournament proves Italy as a team is still not strong both physically and mentally. Serbia is the strongest team in europe and I have to admit Serbia is still the strongest team on paper in the world now.
    Serbia lost the gold medal to China twice in World Cup and Olympics. Let us see what will happen next year in 2018. :teach:

Italy played without their two key players, main setter Malinova and without their key player in defence and on reception De Gennaro.

Yeah, I think Serbia will crush Ned in the final.