European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• So Guidettis team grapped the best what they could: Bronze for Turkey, their second best result ever (silver was their best so far). And Guidetti admitted before, they couldn't stop the strong Serbs at all even in best shape now, so he and his players made the most out of it possibly and every Turkish fan should be satisfied by this outcome.

• I'm slowly getting excited for the final match :super: Wish the best for my beloved dutch girls, even if they don't happen to get the gold, silver would be also awesome.

• ECH can only prove they are the champions of europe as the name of competition implies.Nothing more and nothing less than that.

Why does this really matter to you? I mean, why do you try to trash european volleyball and try to show that is not good while you keep watching it and writing posts here? In other words, I think Asian qualifications are low quality so I simply don't watch them or comment at all, same with American ones. There are very rare matches like Brazil-USA, Japan-China which are worth to watch for my taste.

• When Turkey beat Russia. It is already an accomplishment in itself. Getting the bronze is already an over-achievement.

A lot of european teams have emerged from the last olympic quad so the distribution of power could've been better for this competition.

I really hope the next ECH.. they move away from seeding weak teams as the strongest because of the nature of the multi-host nation of this championship. So unfair for teams such as Ukraine that could've done better if they weren't group in the toughest pool.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Why does this really matter to you? I mean, why do you try to trash european volleyball and try to show that is not good while you keep watching it and writing posts here? In other words, I think Asian qualifications are low quality so I simply don't watch them or comment at all, same with American ones. There are very rare matches like Brazil-USA, Japan-China which are worth to watch for my taste.

Are you kidding me? :gone: Go and check my posts in World Grand Champions Cup thread? See me hating the european teams in there. :rolll:

I'm not denying this is the most balanced continental championship in the world. But saying the winner of this tournament is the strongest in the world is illogical at best. :rolll:

And by the way...Asian Championship makes good quality matches if you are a lover of intense and long rallies. They are also best in system, fast plays and great defense. You really need to check it out.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Best teams in the world plays with real team all summer long. Serbia, China, Brazil. Only USA tried some new players but other players were already training in USA. We should do the same. Yes, give Gozde or someone else wants to be rested but not all A team! Hope Guidetti will understand that he made a mistake by giving his players all summer because i trust him a lot. If he can't make us a top team then no one can help us.

• This is so cute/cool though.https://www.instagram.com/p/BZs70u0HHFG/

That assistant coach/trainer... Can I have his number? :heart:

#FreeBritney

• Some of the turkish fans are so out of touch.

I don't mean to be rude but external pressure is usually bad for any team.

I could understand if you are chinese, russian and brazilian fans who are the most recent champions...always spoilt by trophies, collection of great players from the current generation(young and old) and success but Turkey... is not even close to a silver finish in the world stage. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Best teams in the world plays with real team all summer long. Serbia, China, Brazil. Only USA tried some new players but other players were already training in USA. We should do the same. Yes, give Gozde or someone else wants to be rested but not all A team! Hope Guidetti will understand that he made a mistake by giving his players all summer because i trust him a lot. If he can't make us a top team then no one can help us.

Everyone tried new players. Brazil played this summer with only 2 remaining players from the last OG Natalia and Adenizia ( but Adenizia did not play the WCC). Which means they had 12 new players in, including a lot of rookies like Drussyla (20) Naiane (21) Rosamaria (22) and so on. For example Tandara has played major tournaments before, but she only benched and never really go to play as Sheilla as always the starter.

Serbia had new faces as well, Pusic, Milenkovic, Antonjevic back after many years, even Malagurski had not made the roster for a major tournament in a while.

And China had a lot of new faces, and that really means new faces as they are still teenagers.

Guidetti had to try some new players to see where they are at, just like every coach did.

• I watched every match on youtube, they were not blocked in the US, but now the final game is blocked. I tired many different IPs * countries) , but none works. Is anyone using a IP and if so using whcih country ??

• Not a terrible start by the Dutch. I like how Morrison motivates the girls during the time-out.

• That's exactly why I call Zivkovic as a boring setter, she probably wants to hold the trophy as soon as possible and no one would blame her for overusing Boskovic because she's monstrously good. But hey, your MBs also need some balls and they will score very well :whistle:

Boskovic is undoubtedly beyond everything, she hits over the dutch blocks and I don't even think they're easy to attack through...

• That's exactly why I call Zivkovic as a boring setter, she probably wants to hold the trophy as soon as possible and no one would blame her for overusing Boskovic because she's monstrously good. But hey, your MBs also need some balls and they will score very well :whistle:

Boskovic is undoubtedly beyond everything, she hits over the dutch blocks and I don't even think they're easy to attack through...

Yeah Zikvovic is scared to set in the MB....I prefer Mirkovic over her. And this game with only setting Boskovic and Mihajlovic works against a lot of teams , but it does not works against China and Brazil.