European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• Poland again with their like 2nd team. Probably apart from EG 2015 & Olympics Q in 2016 we cannot gather a reliable team with its best players since 2012 :white: :white: No Skorupa, Tomsia, Mucha, Medrzyk, Polanska, Ptak and ZAroslinska :wall:

• May be some rosters were already posted...

Bulgaria
    Palleggiatrici: Lora Kitipova, Diana Nenova
    Schiacciatrici: Elitsa Vasileva, Dobriana Rabadzhieva, Eva Yaneva, Gergana Dimitrova, Miroslava Paskova
    Opposta: Emilia Nikolova
    Centrali: Hristina Russeva, Nasya Dimitrova, Strashimira Filipova, Maria Dancheva
    Liberi: Maria Filipova, Zhana Todorova

Russia
    Palleggiatrici: Ekaterina Pankova, Irina Filishtinskaya
    Schiacciatrici: Tatyana Kosheleva, Yana Shcherban, Maria Frolova, Kseniia Ilchenko Parubets,
    Opposte: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Voronkova,
    Centrali: Ekaterina Evdokimova, Ekaterina Efimova, Irina Zaryazhko Koroleva, Irina Fetisova
    Liberi: Svetlana Kryuchkova, Ekaterina Tretyakova

Bielorussia
    Palleggiatrici: Volha Palcheuskaya, Hanna Jaafar
    Schiacciatrici: Tatsiana Markevich, Nadezhda Smirnova (Malasai), Anastasiya Harelik, Maryna Paulava, Tatsiana Seryk
    Opposte: Aksana Kavalchuk, Hanna Klimets
    Centrali: Hanna Kalinouskaya-Guengoer, Darya Valadzko (Ionava), Anzhelika Barysevch
    Liberi: Alena Fedarynchyk, Volha Pauliukouskaya

Belgio
    Palleggiatrici: Ilka Van de Vyver, Jasmine Biebauw
    Opposte: Lise Van Hecke, Kaja Grobelna
    Schiacciatrici: Britt Herbots, Charlotte Leys, Jodie Guilliams, Celine Van Gestel
    Centrali: Freya Aelbrecht, Laura Heyrman, Maries Janssens, Nathalie Lemmens
    Liberi: Amber De Tant, Valerie Courtois

Ucraina
    Palleggiatrici: Olena Novgorodchenko, Oleksandra Peretyatko
    Opposte: Karyna Yurchenko, Anastasiya Chernukha
    Centrail: Iryna Trushkina, Inna Molodtsova, Yuliya Gersymova, Svitlana Dorsman
    Schiacciatrici: Tetyana Kozlova, Hanna Kyrychenko, Ana Stepanyuk, Nadiia Kodolova
    Liberi: Viktoriya Delros, Alina Stepanchuk

Rep. Ceca
    Palleggiatrici: Kateřina Valková, Pavla Vincourová
    Opposte: Aneta Havlíčková Kocmanová, Marie Toufarová
    Centrali: Barbora Purchartová, Iva Nachmilnerová, Kateřina Kohoutová, Veronika Strušková
    Schiacciatrici: Helena Havelková, Michaela Mlejnková, Petra Kojdová, Andrea Kossányiová
    Liberi: Veronika Dostálová, Nikola Vaňková

• Raisport will transmit the Italian matches, I guess it's geoblocked though.

I'll advise if they will transmit other matches (it doesn't seem like so in the pool phase)

TRT Spor will broadcast all Turkish matches, I don't think it is geoblocked since I have watched TRT Spor many times abroad all ovr Europe :teach: I will share livestreams before the matches. I hope more people will share streams soon because I'm seriously done watching matches on mediocre/bad quality in betting sites.

• Oh God this Polish team is simply embarassing :aww:

• Hi all!

ECH 17 is about to start

on Turkey's pool and roster :
    its a tough pool.Russia is the last champion and Bulgaria is a physically tough opponent.i dont know about Ukraine's last improvement.

the players who have been called for ECH 17 are deserved players.i just wondered if Neslihan could be here instead of one of the OPPs.The two setters are the best ones of Turkey.Ohs and MBs are good
    .i wonder if Guidetti could take one more MB rather than 3 liberos ?

question mark is opp position.depending on contribution of Meryem or Polen we will see how far Turkey can go.Maybe Baladın can play OPP if these two dont play well.

Russia match is important.İf Turkey can manage to beat Russia this can draw the route of the tournament positively for Turkey

Physical teams are always tough for Turkey to beat like Bulgaria,Serbia,Russia,Netherlands etc

lets see how Turkey can do in this ECH 17

good luck to all the teams in ECH 17 and i wish them all an injury-free tournament

• I can't believe Ukraine did not add Aleksandra Bytsenko to their roster, their best OH and plays in Bursa BBSK (Turkey) I will not root for Ukraine until they start getting some sense and add this young talent to their roster. Imagine how much of an offensive power Rykhliuk + Bytsenko could be :wall: Aleksandra was like MVP of delegation round last season in Nilüfer, she saved their asses and now they have Buijs + Carol and she got awarded as well as she plays in one of the top 5 best teams of the league now however her NT decides to ignore her :thumbdown:

• I can't believe Ukraine did not add Aleksandra Bytsenko to their roster, their best OH and plays in Bursa BBSK (Turkey) I will not root for Ukraine until they start getting some sense and add this young talent to their roster. Imagine how much of an offensive power Rykhliuk + Bytsenko could be :wall: Aleksandra was like MVP of delegation round last season in Nilüfer, she saved their asses and now they have Buijs + Carol and she got awarded as well as she plays in one of the top 5 best teams of the league now however her NT decides to ignore her :thumbdown:

I read that Rykhlyuk is out too.

• Poland again with their like 2nd team. Probably apart from EG 2015 & Olympics Q in 2016 we cannot gather a reliable team with its best players since 2012 :white: :white: No Skorupa, Tomsia, Mucha, Medrzyk, Polanska, Ptak and ZAroslinska :wall:

I don't think it is like second team indeed. Wolosz is playing better than Skorupa, Tomsia has showed embarrassing performance whenever she played in NT. Zaroslinska might be missed but I am sure Smarzek as Opp will be as useful as Zaroslinska. Kakolewska is playing way better than both Polanska and Ptak. Neither Efimienko nor Tokarska are bad MBs. Mucha and Medrzyk might be better than the OHs in the roster but they are not type of player who could make a big difference on this level anyway. :whistle:

Poland could play a nice volleyball with a solid reception line indeed. Wolosz is a creative setter that could use MBs a lot and Smarzek could be a scorer Opp. This is the way BEL has been playing for many years and they were quite successful with only 2 good MBS+Opp ;)

• I read that Rykhlyuk is out too.

I read that Rykhlyuk is out too.

When was the last time she played for NT anyway? Also why would you guys assume that they haven't been invited, it is most likely that these players refuse to play in NT :whistle:

• When was the last time she played for NT anyway?

Less than a month ago in the 3rd round of WCh qualies. :D But after how badly they flopped there, I didn't expect to see her at ECh anyway.

Edit: no, it was actually the 2nd round in Baku. I thought they might challenge AZE and NED, but they really didn't.

I agree though that a player not being on the NT roster most likely means the players themselves refused it, especially in cases like Ukraine.

• I remember Rhykiluk (god dammit, its hard to spell) playing for Ukraine this year but she had really bad stats and got subbed after a while. :huh:

• I don't know much about stuff that happens in those NT's sorry :( I just imagine Rykhliuk + Bytsenko in Ukraine NT with some solid receivers. :cheesy: They could honestly challenge some top teams... Can someone explain me why so many girls refuse to play in there NT's at least Ukraine's case

Flop or not, I bet Rykhliuk still is miles better then the other Opp, she just needs time and ALL the best players on courts...

• Less than a month ago in the 3rd round of WCh qualies. :D But after how badly they flopped there, I didn't expect to see her at ECh anyway.

I agree though that a player not being on the NT roster most likely means the players themselves refused it, especially in cases like Ukraine.

I don't know much about stuff that happens in those NT's sorry :( I just imagine Rykhliuk + Bytsenko in Ukraine NT with some solid receivers. :cheesy: They could honestly challenge some top teams... Can someone explain me why so many girls refuse to play in there NT's at least Ukraine's case

Flop or not, I bet Rykhliuk still is miles better then the other Opp, she just needs time and ALL the best players on courts...

I don't know much about stuff that happens in those NT's sorry :( I just imagine Rykhliuk + Bytsenko in Ukraine NT with some solid receivers. :cheesy: They could honestly challenge some top teams... Can someone explain me why so many girls refuse to play in there NT's at least Ukraine's case

Ukraine must be one of, if not the one, heaviest powderkegs when it comes to assuming risk for future withdrawals or defections among the hotbed they have nurtured. The examples of players who left are endless. I presume the cause is a combination of factors such as a poorly organized federation with a chronic shortage of funds and permeated by corruption, additionally spurred by the existence of functional, relevant substitutes, which shares similarites concerning language, ethnicity, mentality and political background with their native country, but still with superior economical circumstances, enabled not thanks to to any superior organization or structure but better access to natural resources (oil, gas). We have examples of defectors in Mammadova, Samadova, Goncharova, Anna Makarova, Krivets, Maryuiknich, Tatyana Mudritskaya (representing Kazakhstan, ex. pro for Schweriner in Germany) etc among players in the current generation concerning women´s game, apart from Rykliukh (+perhaps some more) in latency and Bakun, Pavel Moroz and Muserskiy etc when it comes to the "traitors" who has defected to the male Russian NT at the expense of UKR NT. Both Russia and AZE (for women) keeps themselves floating with such a high level of consistency by working as an organic entity with inherent smaller parts, ie satellites/agents, in line with a multinational corporation, which combs out or dusts up the raisins in the cake among the marionette-states in the former Soviet block. Except Ukraine we are able to recognize the same diluted pattern in Belarus, which fed Russia with Kosheleva - although a bit of a twillight case since she departed early - and in Uzbekistan, which did the same to AZE and RUS while providing them with Polina Rahimova and Tetyukhin respectively.