European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• I think the worst case was by some brainless old man saying Smart chick for Smarzek, Schhhhtoltenborg for Stoltenborg some years ago. Also Lise Van Hooker for Van Hecke :rolll:
    I won't even mention about Buijs, this poor girl's name has been badly pronounced all the time :rolll:

It's not the the pronunciation. He also talks nonsense. He said several times that someone was "on flames". Playing well = "on fire", playing badly = "up in flames". "On flames" doesn't mean anything in English! :wall:

• Geez not everyone is required to speak perfect Dutch and be able to say every name in every language possible. Calling the guy stupid is unwarranted, he's doing a good job.

• I hope one of Knip or Blagojevic will get the best libero award and honestly I don't see anybody else, perhaps V.Mammadova, but I prefer those two.

• Sloetjes is not doing a good job right now.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That set was horrible. Why did Netherlands not made a direct sub instead?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Morrisin made a big mistake by taking out Djikema. Say hello to another silver medal, Dutch ladies. :win:

#FreeBritney

• Which, to make things clear, is not a "disappointing" or even "bad" result at all. But yeah, maybe they could have done even better. But Serbia is just damn strong.

The match could've gone either way. Seems like Morrison trusted Stoltenborg a little too much and that killed their chances.

#FreeBritney

• Congrats to Serbia, very well deserved victory :white: :drink: Also a big applause to my beloved dutch players :heart: MVP should be Boskovic!!

• 0 surprise: Serbia is the champion.

Djkema gave up on the match at the middle of the 4th set with those ridiculous dumps

• Congrats Serbia for the gold.

Netherlands did pretty good but mistakes were made in crucial moments.

Serbia served tough but inconsistently. The two teams are equal but Sloetjes just wasn't as quite reliable than before so it made things more difficult for them.

On the other hand... Boskovic was on fire all through out the match. The serve wasn't at the latter parts. Netherlands quite absorb the pressure but by that time... Everyone was helping to get the point so they won.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().