European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• But, we all know the story.

What's the story? I never knew. I remember Anja in Italian clubs (maybe Novara?!) and at the WCH 2006. She was amazing and I never knew why she left the NT...

• Big congratulations to Serbia !!!

As expected they won this tournament easily. Their roster is simply one level above all other teams (especially Boskovic ofcourse).

For the Dutch team: this is the maximum result.

For beating this Serbia, we need better players at almost all positions (except MBs). And, since there are no better players, this is the maximum result.

DIjkema loses her head in the most important moments..Stoltenborg is very limited technically...Sloetjes can;t score against a combination of high block and good defense, because she lacks POWER. Plak has enough power, but she lacks technical/tactical ability.

Next year for WCH, hopefully Daalderop will have developed...the same for Bongaerts...and Pietersen will return...so we will have a better bench..but it will not be enough to beat teams playing at the level Serbia (Boskovic) is doing at the moment.

• What's the story? I never knew. I remember Anja in Italian clubs (maybe Novara?!) and at the WCH 2006. She was amazing and I never knew why she left the NT...

She played the ECh '07 half-injured and wanted to skip the World Cup so she could fully recover. Terzić didn't agree, so she pulled out on her own. She was never selected for NT again.
    He never uttered a word in public about that situation, she held a press conference some time before the Olympic qualifications in 2008 saying that "in these circumstances playing on NT is not possible for her". Still, everyone assumed it would eventually blow over and we'll see her on NT again, but it didn't happen.
    There were also rumours that she and Jelena Nikolić couldn't stand each other and Terzić was forced to choose between the two.

It was a big scandal at the time because she was by far the most popular player. A lot of people never forgave Terzić and basically wanted the team to lose so they could bit*h about him. It really was a mess and I think both sides lost in that conflict. We struggled on OH position a lot in her abscence and her own career soon went downhill.

• Concede some more time to Guidetti, he will for sure further develop this team.

• I agree with StefanS. And now Gözde and Neriman retired so he will complely rebuild his own new team. Near the end of the tournament all his choices were good which means he has grown already as a coach (for Turkish NT) Let's see what he can do in the future. Beating Russia was already a huge achievement for us imho. I mean it is not like Turkey was Champion each edition before this...

• Foluke Akinradewo. From the current European she might be the best at the moment.. Poljak was a beast in the past, the unstoppable Gioli

• Foluke Akinradewo. From the current European she might be the best at the moment.. Poljak was a beast in the past, the unstoppable Gioli

Gioli and POljak's eras are over Gioli was good but imo,Poljak was not very good slider except for some part of her career (bergamo days) not whole..Eda both good attacker and blocker and overall could be better than Foluke.

• I'm also agree with that Eda is the best slider at the world right now.If we talk about all the times, there is only one name come in my mind: Victoria Ravva :cheesy:

i agree...Chinese Rui Rui was a slider ? what about her ?
    Fabiana Claudino
    Aysun Özbek was also a great slider : fast and technically gifted
    Simona Gioli
    what about Russian Tishcenko ?

• just finished watching the first set.

morrison has a horrible track record in challenges...

i was asking who the british announcer is. he has an annoying voice, but he's not bad. i mean, even paul sunderland, the last times i heard him years ago, was starting to sound incoherent and a bit bizarre. compared to the horrible announcers FIVB had in the past (remember the WOQ last time? it was HORRIBLE!!!! you have to mute those matches on YT). he totally mangled the SRB names though, swallowing whole syllables. he also says "bosh"... :D

zivkovic doesn't set the middles much, it's true, but maybe she doesn't have good connection with them? at least in the first set, she set more to malesevic than mihailovic.

stoltenberg has got to be the tallest setter in the world! 190 cm????? really?

i don't agree that rahimova is the best OPP. she certainly hits hard, but i don't know that she hits smart, or that she is a good blocker, and she certainly can't play defense.

at least from the matches i saw, i thought maybe naz was the best setter. she certainly did a great job against RUS, but maybe it was RUS doing a lot of helping her.

who's the cute dutch coach slapping hands with the players in that video?

btw who's jole?????

• Have you seen Zhu scored many balls set almost from the base line facing triple block? Have you seen her scored with single legged back row attack facing triple block?

Serbia vs. Netherlands. Boskovic: spiking 26/52, 7 error 3 blocked. 30.7% efficiency. 6 service errors. I haven't seen those from Zhu Ting either.

Error control is key in Volleyball, because if you make an error, they got one point, and we lose one point, which almost equals to giving away 2 points.

• edit : another congrats to Eda Erdem Dündar .i think she is best slide middle attacker in Europe maybe in the world,who else could be better than her as slider ?

In Europe may be Robin? In attack in general I would say she's better, in slide attack I'm not sure.

Gioli :heart:
    But it was the past...

I hope Lubian can become our new Gioli ;)

• I think she is far from the best slider in the world but overall she must be one of the best middle blockers, there are very very few middle blockers in the world having both blocking and attacking abilities among the best in the world.

• Have you seen Zhu scored many balls set almost from the base line facing triple block? Have you seen her scored with single legged back row attack facing triple block?

Serbia vs. Netherlands. Boskovic: spiking 26/52, 7 error 3 blocked. 30.7% efficiency. 6 service errors. I haven't seen those from Zhu Ting either.

Error control is key in Volleyball, because if you make an error, they got one point, and we lose one point, which almost equals to giving away 2 points.

single legged back row attack ? 8|
    i havent seen those vids...can you send me the video link of those attacks.
    i have watced both players in Turkish league..Zhu was not that great against Galatasaray and Boşkoviç not great against Fenerbahçe either at semi finals..
    i think i will watch them better this season and by the end of the Turkish league season i can better talk about their weak and strong points
    anyway,two very good players..Chine and Serbia are lucky countries to have them