You are not logged in.

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 10:56am

I actually think that Azerbaijan could win against Netherlands if they had a better coach. He was quite passive in important moments and didnt take the risks on time. It was pretty clear already in the beginning of the match that Samadova was causing problems and Bayramova should have been in much longer. Same with Mammadova, she contributed alot in attacking against Netherlands but against Turkey, she did nothing. I wonder what was so hard for Faig to think that Samadova-Bayramova duo could work better with better receiving and balanced attacking. I really didnt like the Azeri setter, they sure could afford a better one. All that was expected from her was giving decent placed, high sets but she was very inconsistent. They also need a solid MB, Poznyak is not enough for this level and Hasanova's serves are like a joke.

I was actually thinking why volleyball never grew in Azberbaijan despite all the efforts they put. I mean that would be excellent for an Azeri girl to join a team like this with some stars, although most of them are paid transfers. I know football is not a big sport in Azerbaijan either, neither Basketball. Which sport do they really invest? :?:

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 11:07am

it's weird, nati's posts disappeared.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 11:39am

I actually think that Azerbaijan could win against Netherlands if they had a better coach. He was quite passive in important moments and didnt take the risks on time. It was pretty clear already in the beginning of the match that Samadova was causing problems and Bayramova should have been in much longer. Same with Mammadova, she contributed alot in attacking against Netherlands but against Turkey, she did nothing. I wonder what was so hard for Faig to think that Samadova-Bayramova duo could work better with better receiving and balanced attacking. I really didnt like the Azeri setter, they sure could afford a better one. All that was expected from her was giving decent placed, high sets but she was very inconsistent. They also need a solid MB, Poznyak is not enough for this level and Hasanova's serves are like a joke.

I was actually thinking why volleyball never grew in Azberbaijan despite all the efforts they put. I mean that would be excellent for an Azeri girl to join a team like this with some stars, although most of them are paid transfers. I know football is not a big sport in Azerbaijan either, neither Basketball. Which sport do they really invest? :?:

maybe wrestling
meso mi ra se beno...

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 1:05pm

Wrestling, judo, boxing, weight lifting. But a lot of their best athletes in those sports are also imports from ex-USSR. They've also imported some African runners.
The biggest irony of all is that they actually had a world class native athlete in Ramil Guliyev, who is now the world champion in 200 m, but is representing Turkey. :lol:

NobodyKnows

Professional

• "NobodyKnows" is male

Favourite Team: Sesi (M)/Unilever (F) - Brazil NT(M/F)

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 5:20pm

What about setter Habibova? She didn't play all the tournament, how can you gave her chance in the most important match? She was not doing well, why not substitute her with Yagubova? Faiq Garayev already gave up in the 3rd set :wall:

I just watched the semifinals. In my opinion, she played really bad. Rahimova was getting some awful sets from her and still killing. Azerbaijan would stand a chance against Netherlands with another setter. Many counter-atacks wasted cause of her sets and it's not the case she was busy thinking who's gotta getting that. :lol:

Social bookmarks