European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• I was really surprised that Georgia chose to play at 3 pm at home (in Italy it would have been insane to have the home team ) and I thought 'ok, may be September the 22 it's a festivity in Georgia'.

Now I see a quite empty all and I keep wondering about this choice...

EDIT: I said quite empty because I could see only half arena, now that they broadcast an imagine of the whole arena I can say it's definitely empty :S

• Orro didn't started very well but now she did several good 'fast' sets to Chrichella and also a nice one in 4 for C.Bosetti.
    Egonu did more than one decent dig, keep up girl ;)
    Girls with '13 <3 5' eye pencil tattoo, 5 is Malinov so I guess Sylla is 13 (she changed number about 3 times in a year so I didn't remember she was 13 now)

Georgia made a rotation fault, even if before serving they did wonder about who had to serve between two players :what:

• Is Russia even respecting Ukraine?

Frolova as LH1 and Kosianenkoo sharing the frontcourt for that long is not going to be recommended by any sensible coach.

And why are they even using Kosianenko at all? :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That could have been funny if Russia was actually winning but here we are at a tiebreak: UKR 2-2 RUS

Russia is still playing with their main offense Goncha + Koshe and Frolova is not really B team anymore anyway. Even if it is not their best it sure is worrying for Russia. You guys realize this is not close to the best Ukraine team either right? Rykhliuk, Bytsenko not playing.

• Why is Russia not taking this seriously? Pankova is so predictable I could even tell if she's changing her tempo or not. :win:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I was really surprised that Georgia chose to play at 3 pm at home (in Italy it would have been insane to have the home team ) and I thought 'ok, may be September the 22 it's a festivity in Georgia'.

Sorry, they have 2 hour +, so it was 5 pm.
    Still very early for us, anyway.

I had the chance to watch the end of the 4th set between Russia and Ukraine between Italian sets, I know Ukraine is a decent team but I didn't expect that :white:
    Also in the tie break Ukraine isn't letting Russia won easily.

Uhh, that was close. Russia won 15-13 after Ukraine canceled a match point.
    It would have been nice to see Ukraine won :D

• Ukraine could've won if the setter went for her middle blockers. Probably uncomfortable giving the slide atleast.

#FreeBritney

• Losing 15-13 at tie-break is horrible :aww: But still Ukraine made the first surprise of this ECh. I'm curious if they can keep up this game against Bulgaria who is pretty much playing the same style of Russia

Where does Stepaniuk play? She received 70 balls with 76% positive 63% excellent :white:

• Italy-Georgia 3-0 (25-14, 25-12, 25-12). I totally understand that nobody cares about it because it was quite boring :sleeping:
    Italy 16 aces :what:

To be honest, Georgia was even poorer than I expected, now I'm really questioning the meaning of having a country like this as host.
    Terrible level (at least so far) + empty hall/boring atmosphere (at least so far)... To host, at least one of the two should be there, imho...

• Polina Rahimova i am hugely looking forward to her playing. I think she will be massive at FB, inspired signing by them.

Any other player screaming at opponents faces I had look down on poorly, but the woman has huge charisma you forgive her and look forward to her antics. Or is it just me :)

Edit:ok match delayed, got rid of bold type, I love me some Polina

• Utterly forgettable performance by Serbia. All those service faults :wall: Lots of sheer laziness in floor coverage and defence too.
    Mihajlović is in realy poor shape, she needs to get it together ASAP. Bošković was on fire though (except for the horrendous performance on serve) and MBs did their part very well.
    In the end, a relatively straightforward win and it's all that matters. But they need to play better.