Friendly Clubs' Matches & NTs vs Clubs

• I know that it was a friendly and all and not really a serious match..... but why do i feel that Virna Dias is in a much better form, even though it's been years since she retired, than many of her younger peers (paula, elisangela, etc.)? :lol: She rocked that match!

• I know that it was a friendly and all and not really a serious match..... but why do i feel that Virna Dias is in a much better form, even though it's been years since she retired, than many of her younger peers (paula, elisangela, etc.)? :lol: She rocked that match!

:thumbsup: In general the "old" players showed much better ball control than the younger ones...Ze should consider calling Katia to NT, her sets are probably still better than Fabiola's :whistle:

• So sweet her teammates giving her a big hug! I've never been fond of Brazilian volleyball but I really enjoyed Fofao's games. She's indeed a legend and I wish her the best of luck in her future :heart: So the four legend setters (Fofao, Sliwa, Kun Feng and Yoshie Takeshita) are officially done playing.

• So sweet her teammates giving her a big hug! I've never been fond of Brazilian volleyball but I really enjoyed Fofao's games. She's indeed a legend and I wish her the best of luck in her future :heart: So the four legend setters (Fofao, Sliwa, Kun Feng and Yoshie Takeshita) are officially done playing.

I would add Kirillova to that list. Though with her you never know if she is REALLY done playing :D

• Speaking of legendary setters, i wonder why Fernanda Venturini wasn't there. :rolleyes: :whistling: I mean, really old players like Ana Moser, Ida, etc. are all present...

• I would add Kirillova to that list. Though with her you never know if she is REALLY done playing :D

Yes, her too, except for her ugly days in Asystel Novara back then :D I think STILL Fofao can kick Dani Lins's ass, also Sliwa kicks the ass of all polish setters, I mean they're still good but probably it's the best time to say goodbye.

• Let's say the hands of the old setters still are way better than those of many younger ones, but their legs don't carry them fast enough under the ball anymore, they can't jump to block anymore, they need ages to stand up after a defense etc...If they played in a team with 100% positive receptions they could do miracles ;)

• Let's say the hands of the old setters still are way better than those of many younger ones, but their legs don't carry them fast enough under the ball anymore, they can't jump to block anymore, they need ages to stand up after a defense etc...If they played in a team with 100% positive receptions they could do miracles ;)

Agreed. I'm getting sick of seeing terrible setters and unfortunately young setters from the new generations are usually mediocre or just awful, we rarely see some good ones, like Molly Kreklow or Danica Radenkovic (They are 23 already, time flies like an arrow indeed :white: ) I know it's probably too early to say they're good enough since both of them haven't played as starters in NT. Regarding the legend ladies, I think Fofao and Sliwa can play as Thompson's role or whatever you call it, just as a back-up setter, so that they don't have to block, as you say their legs won't let them jump :D Even running around on court exhausts them so much I assume.

• how old is libero Fabi ?

She's 35 years old :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Not all players could attend the game...some had travels plans and other appoitments.

Bernardinho should been the coach of Fofao friends, but because of the NT he could not attend as well.

• IGOR VOLLEY NOVARA – CHIERI 3-1 (25-23, 25-20, 29-31, 25-18 )
    Igor Volley: Rousseaux 21, Bruno (L), Zannoni 1, Wawrzyniak 31, Ch. Bosetti 6, Masciullo 12, Rivetti 9, Signorile 1, Mabilo ne, Bosio 1. All. Pedullà.
    Chieri: Agostino (L), Mezzi, Torrese, Soriani, Agostinetto, Gois, Serena, Curazio, Salvi, Migliorin, Moretto, Vingaretti. All. Gallo.

Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio - Lilliput Settimo Torinese 3-1 (25-22, 21-25, 25-22, 25-20)
    Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio: Degradi 14, Cialfi 2, Fondriest 10, Papa 19, Angelina 15, Pisani 11, Poma (L). Ne: Mazzotti, Peruzzo, Negretti, Badini. Battute errate: 11, vincenti: 2. Muri: 10 (Pisani 5).
    Lilliput Settimo Torinese: Midriano 5, Lubian, Bosi ne, Minati 17, Parlangeli (L), Baggi 7, Giacomel 4, Bazzarone 1, Akrari 9. Battute errate: 11, vincenti: 7. Muri: 10.

POMI’ CASALMAGGIORE - NORDMECCANICA PIACENZA 1-2 (8-15, 11-15, 15-8 )
    Pomì: Bacchi 10, Galeotti 4, Sirressi (L) Cecchetto (L), Ferrara 10, Piccinini 13, Olivotto 9, Crisanti 4, Rossi Matuszkova 16. All.: Barbolini-Bolzoni
    Nordmeccanica: Valeriano, Belien, Bauer 5, Leonardi (L), Marcon 18, Melandri 8, Poggi (L), Petrucci 2, Pascucci 16, Meijners 23, Taborelli 2. All.: Gaspari-Saja.

METALLEGHE SANITARS MONTICHIARI – OK CALCIT VOLLEY 3-0 (25-19, 25-16, 25-18. Set supplementare 25-23)
    Metalleghe Sanitars: Carocci (L) , Dalia 3, Tomsia 17, Barcellini 8, Lualdi 5, Mingardi 6, Zecchin ne, Lombardo 3, Sobolska 7, Gioli 13, Dalpedri. All. Barbieri e Parazzoli
    OK Calcit Volley: Grudina, Krega, Vrhovnik 6, Iglicar, Forštnaric 1, Kucej 7, Kostic 13, Aragao 5, Hribar 5, Jerala (L), Turk 5 . All.: Gašper Ribič e Aljoša Jemeč.

BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała - VK Kralove Pole Brno 3:0 (25:18, 25:21, 25:14)

BKS: Pasznik (5), Radosova (6), Moskwa (9), Bamber-Laskowska (14), Horka (4), Lis (8 ), Wojtowicz (libero) and Łyszkiewicz (3) i Strózik

BKS Aluprof Bielsko-Biała - Vasas Obuda Budapest 3:2 (23:25, 25:10, 25:11, 23:25, 15:11)
    BKS: Pasznik (3), Radosova (23), Moskwa (13), Bamber-Laskowska (19), Horka (5), Lis (12), Wojtowicz (libero) and Strózik (1), Żytowoz (2), Mucha (8 ) i Łyszkiewicz

• Crisanti in Pomi? Only for practicing? since both Gibbemeyer and Stevanovic are in NT camp...

• PGE Atom Trefl Sopot - Zhemchuzhina Polesya Mozyr (Belarus) 4:1 (25:17, 23:25, 25:20, 25:22, 15:12)

PGE Atom Trefl Sopot: Savenchuk (12), Miros (12), Radenković (4), Łukasik J. (10), Cooper (16), Dąbrowska (6), Kulig (L) and Kaczmar (3), Łukasik M. (10), Wilczyńska (13), Truszkina (3)
    Zhemchuzhina Polesya Mozyr: Karnejewa (2), Maroz (4), Dudkina (16), Szewczenko (8 ), Łapuchina (12), Parukawa (21), Kapitan (L) and Auramczyk
    (Atom will play against Dresdner SC and Azeryol Baku next week).

KSZO Ostrowiec - Budowlani Lodz 1:2 (12:25, 25:16, 19:25)

Budowlani:
    Tobiasz 3, Grajber 9, Liniarska 5, Twardowska 8, Brzezińska [Sieczka] 14, Polańska 7, Medyńska (libero) and Bodasińska 1

BKS Aluprof - Developres SkyRes Rzeszów 2:1 (25:16, 25:16, 23:25)

BKS Aluprof: Lis, Moskwa, Radosova, Castiglione, Horka, Bamber-Laskowska, Wojtowicz (libero).

• Obiettivo Risarcimento Vicenza - Imoco Volley Conegliano 3-0 (25-18, 25-16, 25-17)
    Obiettivo Risarcimento: Goliat 7, Lanzini (L), Cella 12, Drpa 7, Partenio 9, Pastorello 9, Wilson 11, Prandi 2, Bisconti (L). All. Rossetto
    Imoco: Vasilantonaki 10, Bechis, Serena, Ortolani 7, Santini 9, Cibin, Masiero, Ceolin 2, Guerrato (L), Barazza 1. All. Mazzanti

NORDMECCANICA PIACENZA - POMI’ CASALMAGGIORE 3-2 (22-25 25-22 16-15 15-11 15-13)
    Nordmeccanica: Valeriano, Bauer 8, Leonardi (L), Marcon 7, Melandri 12, Poggi (L), Petrucci 5, Pascucci 11, Meijners 16, Taborelli 3. All: Gaspari-Saja.
    Pomì: Bacchi 14, Galeotti 2, Sirressi (L), Cecchetto (L), Ferrara, Piccinini 12, Olivotto 6, Crisanti 8, Rossi Matuszkova 24. All: Barbolini-Bolzoni