2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• I really hope the cameraman stops showing the Turkish man. I actually wasn't so annoyed before, but now it's super irritating. I feel watching a documentary based on his coolness.

I don't like Van Hecke's current performances, she's quite weak...

I'm sexy and I know it. :mirror: :thumbup:

• And the typical European instability has arrived to Belgian team...They are playing as if they play volleyball for the first time :roll:

• Herbots is AMAZING :obey:

Who the hell dresses Turkish NT staff?? Last year we had the mafia suits, this year we have the "cool business man" look :aww:

:rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

To be honest, I like their style: both "mafia suits" and "cool business man". I'd like wearing that stuff. ^^

• :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

To be honest, I like their style: both "mafia suits" and "cool business man". I'd like to wear that stuff. ^^

My problem is not the clothes as such, but the context. It just looks stupid for me to have a coaching staff wearing blue shirts and beige trousers. They couldn't look any less sports-related...

• Ferhat implements fashion into Volleyball, curious if He is gay or not?

I think He also decides what He will wear. I saw His photos off the court and always fashion on time.

• Sometimes I feel like we talk about everything else but volleyball in this forum.

World Grand Prix quality is super low so far, considering that it is the olympic year.
    Fatma was good offensively today but she became a serve target after a while, she needs to be more consistent. Asli is not a dominant player but she is definitely the most efficient, getting best out of what she has. Poles was outstanding today, a big applaud to her. I won't blame Nursevil for anything today because Turkish receiving was simply horrible, I think she couldn't use her fingers for setting today in most times.

Belgium looked lost. Freya is definitely their best, she did great work in all elements, including defense. I hope Herbotts will keep developing. I honestly don't see a big difference between Van De Vyver and Nursevil, although the first one is much faster and had many more chances to improve her game. Today she was far too lost, except a few sets she gave to the middles.

• Russians making 5-0 run, blocking everything.. knowing where every ball of Dijkema will go

I think Dutch girls are not aware yet that they can only beat Russia if they attack from middles which they rarely did (did they?) during this set. Better receiving, middle attacks and better serves is the only way to glory against such a giant.

About the "boo" part, I stopped commenting on such but I can ensure you that it is impossible to explain things to people who are blindly biased.

• Babeshina going middle on the first attempt and it paid off. Russia takes Game 1 25-22. Hope to see a better second set for both teams.

• Quoted from "Matthias"

Germany doesn't miss strong attack, Germany right now misses EVERYTHING :S
    Lenka Dürr is the only player in the current team who can compete on this level, everyone else is lost.

Completely agree. I quit watching their match against USA yesterday, welp obviously I knew it would be impossible to beat USA, but I wanted to see some positive signs and apparently there was nothing I was impressed by. I don't really know why Pettke and Geerties were not invited or cut.

This result confirmed my fears, that this German team is not up to the task of this rather strong pool. And I remind you, that (intermediate?) coach Felix Koslowski told before start of World Grand Prix, not descending to group 2 would be a success. Now everybody could see, why :( . Indeed the match against China threatens to become a nightmare, because error-prone playing combined with too little pressure will make China wipe them off court.

• Lyubushkina 0 contribution in attacks and blocks I wonder why Marichev is keeping her on court :whistle: Netherlands are making too many errors right now and Russia not really doing anything special.

• What will happen if Maja gets injuried or when she retires?
    Dear God these Serbian setters are destroying the team. And Brakocevic will never get into shape for the Olympics.
    Djerisilo the best on the court...
    Everything is really strange in this Serbian B/C team.
    Stefanovic can't kill one single good ball..

• Stefanovic 0/3
    Brakocevic 1/11
    Malagurski 0/7