2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• Coach Ze is an amazing coach, I am sure he already has plans to beat China. Remember how he use the US libero to ruin USA on the final of the London Olympics?

China is definitely the team to beat. But Brazil is a much more experienced team overall.

I don't think USA will reach the final this time around. I think the gold medal match will be between BRA vs CHI. It is 2008 Olympic all over again, but now they are playing in Brazil.

• Quick questions;

- Where is Kim YK & co? Are they not playing for this WGP?

- Between Sato and Zayasu, which one is better? Sato did amazing on the Olympic Qualification but Zayasu played well as well as defender.

- Miyashita will be the starter? Where is Nakamichi?

- Is Brazil the team to beat or has they lost their power?

• I don't think USA will reach the final this time around. I think the gold medal match will be between BRA vs CHI. It is 2008 Olympic all over again,

In 2008, the final was between USA and BRA, CHN won the bronze medal.

• China is not that strong, imo. Glass didn't really plat today, she could make a huge difference. And I think BRA's blocking is better than USA's. Remember China hasn't beat BRA for about 8 years. So it's hard to say, they will meet next week in Macau, we'll see.

• Russia: weak libero and setter, invisible MBs. The opposite never shows any fire. All about Kosheleva. South Korea is all about KYK, but the others do their best to help her, they have a system Russia hasn't.

• In 2008, the final was between USA and BRA, CHN won the bronze medal.

I was referring to the semi final match between BRA and CHI where they played in front of thousands of CHI supporters

• Russia: weak libero and setter, invisible MBs. The opposite never shows any fire. All about Kosheleva. South Korea is all about KYK, but the others do their best to help her, they have a system Russia hasn't.

Malova isn't a weak libero. Maybe she's not like the Italians, but for Russia she's very good. Your dislike for Goncharova is nothing new, and even if she doesn't show "fire", there's no need for that as long as she scores 30 pts per match.

weak libero? i think she does a pretty good job

i dont like russian setters either but they are fit for russian system so no problem
    Zharyazkho can colect points if given balls...the same for Shalyakhovaya
    Goncharova is now more experienced
    Scherban does a good job as well

Russia and SK similiar?,indeed ? 8|

• I'd have Beliën over De Kruijf in my team. She blocks better and attacks in different positions while Robin being a slider all the time.

It's pretty funny that both teams share the weakness and strength. Holland passing like crap but managing to score, Belgium receiving well but no one finishing the ball, the only good sign for them is Van Hecke is slowly getting her good shape.

it's sad to see balkenstein getting blocked again and again, sometimes against solo block.
    why does she get so much time?

• Coach Ze is an amazing coach, I am sure he already has plans to beat China. Remember how he use the US libero to ruin USA on the final of the London Olympics?

China is definitely the team to beat. But Brazil is a much more experienced team overall.

I don't think USA will reach the final this time around. I think the gold medal match will be between BRA vs CHI. It is 2008 Olympic all over again, but now they are playing in Brazil.

I think is BRA, CHN and USA. It depends on how they get into the playoffs. The 1st in the Pool B has the best path to the final.

Today, Zé took off Brait for Leia. In my opinion, he was trying to put pressure over Dani Lins and our pin hitters against a tall block, playing less the first ball because of a shanky pass. I liked the experience. Natália pulled it off. I'm sure he always think of China, USA and Russia when we are playing other teams before a huge competition. Our match against China next week will very important. Hope Lang Ping doesn't play Zé taking off the best players of China. :lol:

• lang ping is the best coach for china. outside of china, she's hardly the best.
    we'll see how usa does in the olympics under coach k.

• Turkey is putting a great fight against Russia!

Kubra is really annoying, she is doing fine in block, thanks to super slow russian sets but her arrogance is eating her. I really don't know what kind of sets she wants because from what I saw, Nursevil tried 10 variations already...

• From the first week, it is already clear that the Top 4 teams will be BRA, USA, RUS, and CHI. Won't be surprise if these are the Final 4 on the Olynpics as well.

Even without watching the matches, it's clear that they are the top 4 teams in the world right now :lol:
    But Olympics is different though, Korea and Japan both made surprises making final four in London
    I hope we'll get to see some surprises this Olympics too :drink: