2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• Guidetti has been such a loser against russian team

I wonder what is Guidetti's game plan, considering there's a possibility that RUS & NED can face each other in the quarters in Rio. For the record, Russia has beaten the Netherlands 4 times already:

EuroVolley Finals -3-0
    Euro Olympic Qualifiers 3-1
    WGP 1st leg 3-1 (without Kosheleva)

• :lol: That means they are preparing for Rio :olympia: Polish Men NT Coach said World League isn't important for Poland in 2016 and back then in 2014. And guess what, men NT won gold medal at WCH in 2014.
    I don't like when people are thinking their NT is the best in the world. I see a lot of Brazilian user do that. Even when I watched World Grand Prix matches like Canada vs. Czech Republick they were spamming on the chat how Brazil is good, how awesome are their players etc... Even that Brazil didn't want to win WCH in 2014 and that they're still the best cause the won Olympic Games in London... That's pathetic. London was 4 years ago and they still think like they're the greatest team in the world.

I NEVER said Brazil is the best team in the world and I don't care about people spamming on the chat of FIVB broadcasts. They are stupid.
    The best team in the world is the US. And even if I thought Brazil was the best, what's the problem?
    What is pathetic is that a lot of people in this forum have so much haterism against Brazil and Brazilian players. People personally dislike many players from Brazil out of nothing. Everytime Brazilian players go play abroad they make friends with many other players from Europa, USA, etc. But the volleyball fans keep with the haterism. And then you have to read, after the first defeat in the year, the first defeat against Serbia in history, in the tie break at 18x16, that Brazil was trashed and that the level of the team is very low right now and also that Brazilian volleyball fans don't care about the team anymore because their level has dropped a lot. This is ridiculous and it's clear pure haterism.

• And then you have to read, after the first defeat in the year, the first defeat against Serbia in history, in the tie break at 18x16, that Brazil was trashed and that the level of the team is very low right now and also that Brazilian volleyball fans don't care about the team anymore because their level has dropped a lot.

Of course, the most important competition this year is Olympic Games. I think all od the teams are preparing for Rio. Serbia won for the first time. As we all know, that means nothing right now. I think both teams Serbia, and Brazil will play better at OG. But I think that's because of the 'crazy fans'. Now people are happy because Brazil lost. Last week I saw comments about Brazil being the best team in the world and US who won't win anything at OG. I must add something about Brazil players. I really like some of them but I don't see the chemistry between then. Look at Belgium, Netherlands, Japan or Thailand. These players show emotion and create the TEAM. They're together if the lost the set, the game or win the point. I don't see that in Brazil NT, unfortunately.

• Of course, the most important competition this year is Olympic Games. I think all od the teams are preparing for Rio. Serbia won for the first time. As we all know, that means nothing right now. I think both teams Serbia, and Brazil will play better at OG. But I think that's because of the 'crazy fans'. Now people are happy because Brazil lost. Last week I saw comments about Brazil being the best team in the world and US who won't win anything at OG. I must add something about Brazil players. I really like some of them but I don't see the chemistry between then. Look at Belgium, Netherlands, Japan or Thailand. These players show emotion and create the TEAM. They're together if the lost the set, the game or win the point. I don't see that in Brazil NT, unfortunately.

I'm sorry, but I think you're completely wrong and have no clue about what really happens. There are sometimes a few fights between them, but if you follow their social media (snapchat, facebook, instagram) you would see that there is a lot of chemistry between them. This is also clear for anyone who sees images from practicing at the trainning center, etc. Maybe in the court, they act a bit different than other NTs. This is what different cultures are about. Every nation and every NT have their own way of showing their emotions.

• Malygina is a young player and the 1st she must play Russian top clubs ( Kazan, Moscow, Uralochka or Krasnodar). If She will play as OPP and I think it will be perfect for Russian team. She is as tall as Gamova and improve her game maybe she will be the 2nd Gamova

• I wasn't talking only about getting medals or not at GP. I'm thinking more about the preparation for the olympics.
    Putting B and mixed teams and also clearly stating that you don't want to be part of the biggest event before the Olympic games (GP finals), in which the best teams in the world will be at does not help the preparation for the major thing coming up next, which is the olympics. Some NTs hide their game so much that they just don't find it when it matters...

I think he's also wary of what happened in 2011, when Serbia played great in Grand Prix, beat Russia for the first time, beat China, USA, won the bronze. And then came the ECh which was played at home court in Belgrade and was the most important tournament of the year, but it turned out the team had already reached the peak form during GP, the players were tired, Brakočević was so exhausted by the end she was barely able to stand on her feet... They did win the title, but it was a hell of a struggle. He's been much more careful to keep the players fresh since then. Not to mention that there are some players Serbia simply can't afford to have out with an injury.

As for Brazil being written out, it's just an overreaction and it's something that people here tend to do. Look at today, during the first two sets Serbia wasn't even going to reach the QF in Rio, now they're among the favourites for the gold etc. It happens all the time.

• I think he's also wary of what happened in 2011, when Serbia played great in Grand Prix, beat Russia for the first time, beat China, USA, won the bronze. And then came the ECh which was played at home court in Belgrade and was the most important tournament of the year, but it turned out the team had already reached the peak form during GP, the players were tired, Brakočević was so exhausted by the end she was barely able to stand on her feet... They did win the title, but it was a hell of a struggle. He's been much more careful to keep the players fresh since then. Not to mention that there are some players Serbia simply can't afford to have out with an injury.

As for Brazil being written out, it's just an overreaction and it's something that people here tend to do. Look at today, during the first two sets Serbia wasn't even going to reach the QF in Rio, now they're among the favourites for the gold etc. It happens all the time.

I understand and I completely agree with what you said :win:

• Italy is destroying Thailand ^^ With Del Core on court Italy is totally different and way stronger than last week in Brazil.

• I wonder what is Guidetti's game plan, considering there's a possibility that RUS & NED can face each other in the quarters in Rio. For the record, Russia has beaten the Netherlands 4 times already:

EuroVolley Finals -3-0
    Euro Olympic Qualifiers 3-1
    WGP 1st leg 3-1 (without Kosheleva)

i think with a healthy kosheleva ..dutch team will lose 3-0 or 3-1 again..guidettti simply doesnt know how to play/beat russia

• Malygina is a young player and the 1st she must play Russian top clubs ( Kazan, Moscow, Uralochka or Krasnodar). If She will play as OPP and I think it will be perfect for Russian team. She is as tall as Gamova and improve her game maybe she will be the 2nd Gamova

gamova was the queen of russsian volley..is it realy that easy for a young and tall player to be gamova ?

• I'm there in Bari and the lights are still off, unfortunately. Now the two team are entertaining the audience with a game called in Italian the "bagherone" (the "big bagger" could be in English. Two player of both the team are in court and the have to try to make the point only with bagger. Then who hits the ball goes out and another player comes in and so on.

• have somebody the link? YT not working for me (not allowed in my country :huh:

• OMG this is so cute, ITA and THA players playing "bagger tennis" (no idea how this is called in English) with the mascot as referee :heart:

Exactly :super: really cool, I think if there was Russia instead of Thai they wouldn't be playing this game :whistle:
    Now they are playing with two balls at the same time. Don't know why the lights are still out :down: