2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• I am wondering why Mojica is 1st setter and Valentin on bench.

I feel the same. I think Valentin is better server, better digger and better setter but always Mojica is the starter.

• That's because they do not have the great talented Werblinska, Skowronska and Glinka... :lol: :lol:

Still no excuse to lose to such an inferior team like Puerto Rico when you have players like Grajber and Grejman! They can't even be compared to the likes of Rosa, Enright and Cruz! :whistle:

• If this is the coach's reason then he is not a good coach. The main criteria to choose a setter should be the setting, and waaaaaay after that the other elements. Yoshie Takeshita wouldn't have played a single NT match in her life if it was about height...

Same for Fofao or Lo Bianco...they were some of the best setters of the world at some point and 1.73cm and 1.72cm

• Anyway Andrzej Niemczyk prefered Izabela Bełcik rather than Magdalena Śliwa. And the setting wasn't the strongest point for Bełcik. :lol:

• and he always stated that´s because of height :D

• and he always stated that´s because of height :D

He was talking about her 'creativity' too. :lol: For sure he prefered to have a setter with imprecise setting but very creative and with good block and serve.

• and you don't know the name of BRA's #5. it's amazing that you know the names of hundreds of european players but can't be bothered to learn hte names of any players outside of europe? is it because you only follow aryan volleyball, brevik?

Im sorry, but you are being quite rude, offensive and ignorant really with your post. By any chance everyone needs to know every player in the planet? And so what if he choses to follow European volleyball only....he said nothing offensive. I dont even know if that is the case, or the reason...maybe it is just cause he is from Europe and it is easier for him to follow volleyball there, maybe he doesnt have the time to follow volleyball from other continents, or maybe he just not interested in it? Maybe he just dont know the new players yet....Who are you to decide or worse to judge who someone should like to know and follow? And if that is the case, if he only likes to follow European volleyball, its sport, it is a matter of taste, that dont mean he will mistreat anyone from other continents, or feel superior, you assuming that that really offends me as a brazilian actually.

For me you are the one being prejudice here, judging someone of something so terible like that without even really knowing them...what is the difference? Its not a shame to not know someone...but it is really shamefull to call someone what you did without knowing them.

• you dont know me, joana, to make such stupid comments.

i'm speaking from observation of this boy's previous posts and private offensive messages.

he can easily read the shirt names of other players, but apparently he only remembers the european ones.

• so much :offtopic: going on here

Well, I just wanted to say that Casteglione does not have NT level at all.

• I feel the same. I think Valentin is better server, better digger and better setter but always Mojica is the starter.

Mojica is very experienced. She can play very concrete volleyball. Valentin is the future of the NT. Right now Mojica deserves to be starter. I guess after the OG there will be many changes: Cruz, Seilhamer, Mojica, Ocasio and maybe Oquendo may retire from NT. Porto Rico has a bright future with players like Santana, Prieto, Enright, Valentin, Venegas (or any other libero, they have very good ones like Italy), Morales and so on. They should play abrod to get better, then PR would be a consistent NT.

• interesting. PUR playing with venegas and not seilhammer?

Seilhamer is on the way to Poland now. All of the press articles say she couldn't play the first week because of "work commitments". (I wonder if she was helping her dad with his primary election back home :) ) Anyway, there's already fans saying "don't you dare take Venegas out now!" The rivalry between the Venegas and Seilhamer factions is pretty fierce.

• at the end of 2nd set, POL coach is apoplectic. is he complaining that cruz stepped on 3-meter line?

Rotation error. People who watched this game contirmed that. Puerto Rico made a mistake.

• just watched a little bit of POL x PUR.

what's up with POL constantly changing roster? where are belcik, tokarska, werblinska and zaroslinska?

it's time for a change of generation, so Bełcik or Werblińska will retire soon :wavy:
    Zaroślińska underwent a surgery on her knees, don't know what's up with Tokarska though, but she's nothing special :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game