CEV U19 European Championship - 2016 | 8 | 27

• Laola has live streams for all matches from Latvia pool. Right now GER-CRO are playing.

The only players from GER team that could have a bright future are Hanna Orthmann and Sophie Dreblow, all others are playing awfully weak so far :S

• Laola has live streams for all matches from Latvia pool. Right now GER-CRO are playing.

The only players from GER team that could have a bright future are Hanna Orthmann and Sophie Dreblow, all others are playing awfully weak so far :S

I can't watch, I don't know why....how is Croatian setter playing, Klara ?

• IMO she is playing very well. The coach took her out towards the end of 2nd set when the team was far behind.

BTW I also needed to reload the stream 2-3 times before it finally worked, but now everything is fine, very good quality.

• I really do NOT like this new habit of Hanna Orthmann, staring through the net at the opponent players everytime she scores a point :hit:
    Does she think she is Goncharova? :down:

I'm asking the same question to myself. Why does she do that? :wall:

• Matches of this age group are not good for the health of the viewers :white:

German girls after sleeping through 1st set won 2nd and 3rd against Slovenia 25:12 :!: , then fell asleep again just to wake up at 18:24 to defend 8 set points and win the match with their first match point 28:26 in 4th set :cheesy:

Sabrina Krause with an amazing performance in block, 7 direct points plus many more balls that she either slowed down for her own defense or that Slovenia had to dig up again. Setter Pia Kästner with 11 points (4 att, 4 bl, 3 aces). Sophie Dreblow is just amazing in defense, if she can get her reception to the same level she has everything to become a world class libero. I'm just disappointed with Hanna Orthmann's performance, she can and must do better than that. Maybe she is still tired from WGP with all the travelling...

• At least DVV team has now rather good chances to make it to the U19 European Championship finals. If they would miss, this would be a real desaster.

And safe for a few exceptions, for example Italy, this age class is indeed performing all but consistent usually.

• Croatia need to beat Slovenia 3:0 then they will play on ECH U19 and Poland will be OUT.

Good luck girls :)

• Looks like they follow your advice ;) .

Yeah and they won 3:0, and Croatia is on U19 ECH after a lot of years. Sorry Poland :/ :)

• Yeah and they won 3:0, and Croatia is on U19 ECH after a lot of years. Sorry Poland :/ :)

Regarding Poland I'm not sure: if German girls lose, though highly unlikely, against Latvia, they could still proceed, I think (set ratio...).

• As expected, this didn't happen ;)
    German girls qualified, and except for the 1st sets against Croatia and Slovenia, I think the team also played quite well. I liked both setters and as OH Vanessa Agbortabi, but the other OHs weren't great. The MBs were good in block, especially Krause, but they need to improve their attacking. They should be watching WGP final...
    Hanna Orthmann didn't have her greatest weekend, but finishing it with 8 aces in 2 sets kind of makes it better :D
    IMO the best player of the team was Sophie Dreblow as libero :win:

• As expected, this didn't happen ;)
    German girls qualified, and except for the 1st sets against Croatia and Slovenia, I think the team also played quite well. I liked both setters and as OH Vanessa Agbortabi, but the other OHs weren't great. The MBs were good in block, especially Krause, but they need to improve their attacking. They should be watching WGP final...
    Hanna Orthmann didn't have her greatest weekend, but finishing it with 8 aces in 2 sets kind of makes it better :D
    IMO the best player of the team was Sophie Dreblow as libero :win:

As mentioned for her age (just turned 18 yesterday) Sophie Dreblow has already a lot of experience in Bundesliga (Germany first league) with VCO Berlin and SC Potsdam, what definitely helped her too - additionally to being gifted as libero.

• I'm not absolutely sure, because there are many new players in those U19 teams, but usually I would expect Italy, Russia, Serbia and Turkey as the best teams there.

And the groups have just Turkey in one group and the other three in the other (where also German team is in, which is really bad news for them by the way).

I think honestly, balanced groups would look different...

• There is no seeding system for the pools. CEV uses serpentine system by seeding two as first(SVK) and second(HUN). That's why Group 1 has

1-SVK (21)
    4-BEL (3)
    5-TUR (4)
    8-BUL (11)
    9-FRA (30)
    12-CRO (13)

And Group 2

2-HUN (20)
    3-RUS (1)
    6-ITA (5)
    7-BLR (15)
    10-SRB (2)
    11-GER (6)

Groups are indeed not very unbalanced since out of best five teams BEL and TUR in one group and RUS-SRB-ITA in other one and I believe medal contenders will be RUS-BEL-TUR anyway. Although SRB was the finalist of U18 ECh last year, they lost against Belarus during the qualification tournaments (they were missing their best player Lazoviç and Hanna Klimets from Uralochka is a shining star of this generation) Italy will miss their best players Orro and Egonu, they won't be a strong candidate for medal (even with these two they were only 5th previously)

Lazarenko and Kotova from Russia, Orro from Italy, Herbots from Belgium, Yüzgenç from Turkey, Lazoviç and Milojeviç from Serbia were chosen the dream team of this generation in the previous tournament.

Missing teams from previous ECh of this generation are CZE, POL, NED, GRE and SLO. POL previously couldn't manage to participate to junior ECh despite of the fact that they were champion of 96-97 generation and again with 98-99 generation they cannot participate tournament at junior level. They apparently do something wrong with the transition from youth level to junior level (even worse job with transition to senior level)

• German girls go to the tournament with a big mouth: the coach says they want to reach the final, the players even talk about Gold.

I think they'll have a hard landing into reality :S

The new websites for german volleyball are horrible. I cannot find anything about U19. Where can I read articles about this?

• Probably German Girls watched Their Mates from Women's Basketball U16 European Championships where Germany won Silver Medals so.. :lol: