CEV U19 European Championship - 2016 | 8 | 27

• For Italy –at least for the parts of the matches I managed to watch – imho the best player so far is Lubian, Mb nr 5, born in 2000.

That was my impression too. She scored 12 blocks in 4 sets yesterday :white:

I also like Italy's young setter Morello, also from 2000. She makes a much better impression than many of the 2 years older setters from other teams.

• Italy already has setter for next 4 olympic cycle :D

It might be the first time, Russia's best players are their two MBs :white: To me the final will be RUS-TUR :box:

• It might be the first time, Russia's best players are their two MBs :white: To me the final will be RUS-TUR :box:

Not necessarily...in the generation of Kosheleva and Startseva (88/89), Natalia Dianskaya was best scorer :!: of Junior ECH 2006 as MB. In the 96/97 team Angelina Sperskayte played as MB and was the best player of the team, now in Zarechie she plays as OH...

• Not necessarily...in the generation of Kosheleva and Startseva (88/89), Natalia Dianskaya was best scorer :!: of Junior ECH 2006 as MB. In the 96/97 team Angelina Sperskayte played as MB and was the best player of the team, now in Zarechie she plays as OH...

You are right about Sperskayte but she did not have another dominant MB next to her at that time. I did not know that about Dianskaya since I started to follow volleyball at 2006 WCh but thanks for the information, it should be remarkable performance to be best scorer in a team with Kosheleva :drink:

• End of the second set of Italy-Germany: clear dejà vu of the end of the first set in the male Olympic semifinal USA vs Ita xD

On 24-24 Petrini scored an ace because the german receiver touched accidentally the ball that was going out (even if imho it's possible it went out <i>because</i> of the touch). The referee gave the point to Germany, the Italian girls were obviously very upset, and finally the line-guard resolved the problem going to the referee to correct her call.
    On 25-24 for Italy, another ace for Petrini! (for the record, it was the third in a row, from 23-24 for Germany – that was leading also 22-24 – to 26-24 for Italy, nice job!)

• German girls with 43 :!: :!: :!: errors in 4 sets :wall:

Even for Junior level this is absolutely not acceptable. And the girls and coaches seriously talked about medals :rolll:

I think they'll lose to Belarus tomorrow and travel home...

45! ;-)
    And the biggest miss was the chance for 25:22 in second set... :-(

• There's again an inconsistency in the stats...in the stats for Germany it says total points (selfmade) 64, won-lost points 19 which would mean 45 errors as you say. However, in Italy's stats in the opponent error section it's 10+12+14+7=43. Not that it matters though ;)

Jan Lindenmair worked many years with Guidetti but obviously he has a completely different view about taking risks. And honestly I'd rather have a team of players that tip the ball all the time and wait for opponent errors instead of one that makes 10+ errors in almost every set :down:

• There's again an inconsistency in the stats...in the stats for Germany it says total points (selfmade) 64, won-lost points 19 which would mean 45 errors as you say. However, in Italy's stats in the opponent error section it's 10+12+14+7=43. Not that it matters though ;)

Ok, the stats shows the aces of Italy so there reception errors will not be counted in this part of the stats.
    And there are other kinds of errors (setting, net touch). So five more of these errors for Germany = 50 (including reception errors) :down:

• And the biggest miss was the chance for 25:22 in second set... :-(

Definitely!

Still, it seems to me that the errors are in general a lot for every teams here... Also Italy if I recall well 'closed' the third set for Germany with few errors (including the latter one).

I didn't watch the match with so much attention, but I overall liked the German libero a lot: was it a just a good day, is it my misjudging, or do I see it well? ^^

Now go Russia or we really risk not to qualify to the semi :super:
    [Of course we need to win our match too, obviously]

• I didn't watch the match with so much attention, but I overall liked the German libero a lot: was it a just a good day, is it my misjudging, or do I see it well? ^^

Sophie Dreblow is a very good player. She already was in WGP with Senior NT this summer and I'm sure she'll be very good. I don't like her ball control in this tournament, mainly in reception, but the way she moves on court, sees what happens and reacts very well to all situations is very good. In some way it reminds me of Brenda Castillo...

• Lazovic is definitely taller. According to CEV 1.82, but watching the streams I thought she was even taller than that.

Italy was really unlucky with the draw. They're definitely stronger than Belgium, and probably also stronger than Turkey, so if they had been in the other preliminary pool they would have had a good chance to win a medal.

• Italy was really unlucky with the draw.

I know :(

Quite unbalanced pools, especially considering that only 2 over 6 could access the semifinals.
    I don't know if we are able to beat Turkey because I've never watch them playing and I'm aware we are far from being perfect, but I would have loved to have the chance to test it...

In this 'burning' occasions more than ever I wonder if the direct match should count more than the sets ratio, coming behind the number of victories and the points given by the victories. [And I always thought that it must count more than the points ratio]

For now, we will have to stay with the fifth place: Italy crashed Slovacchia 0-3 (13-25, 9-25, 10-25)

• Italy played this tournament without Egonu, Orro and Piani, who are its strongest players of this generation, and still lost only one match (against Russia) and defeated one of the finalists (Serbia). We played with some girls born in 2000 and they were among the best overall. I'd say I'm quite satisfied with this result. Next year I'm sure Egonu and Orro will come back and take part to the U19 World Championships, and with them Italy will be the main candidate to win the gold.

• 15 minutes until the final, live on Laola.

It will be the battle between the two best MBs in the tournament Jovana Kocic and Angelina Lazarenko. They are #1 and #2 in best blocker ranking, both with more than 1 block avg./set, and they're currently #2 and #3 of best spiker ranking behind Marina Lubian.