FIVB World Club Championship 2016

• I agree. I'm not talking about killing the ball or passing. She was the only different kind of player in the team. She kills both high and fast balls. Her teammates are really dependent on the setting.

I almost forgot to write it: I always have the impression Gabi is going to hurt her shoulder; she has the most ugly and weird swing I ever saw in high level volleyball.

you probably didnt see Opp of Ostrowiec in Orlenliga 2 years ago - Katarzyna Brojek, that was even more weird :)

• I guess ECZ is not all that we were thinking. Rio wins the 1st set. Kosheleva passing really bad. Monique scored 6 vs 5 Boskovic.
    Everyone were saying Rio had 0 changes.....at least they are playing 50\50 so far.....too bad Rio lost for Pomi...Rio would deserve to be in the semis more than Pomi.Rio is still a really strong team among the best in the World.

• If Rexona take 1 point from Eczacibasi, if Pomi won 3:0 then Pomi is still going to Semi because they have two victory??

• If Rexona take 1 point from Eczacibasi, if Pomi won 3:0 then Pomi is still going to Semi because they have two victory??

Yes, Rexona need to win to have a chance.

• I guess ECZ is not all that we were thinking. Rio wins the 1st set. Kosheleva passing really bad. Monique scored 6 vs 5 Boskovic.
    Everyone were saying Rio had 0 changes.....at least they are playing 50\50 so far.....too bad Rio lost for Pomi...Rio would deserve to be in the semis more than Pomi.Rio is still a really strong team among the best in the World.

ECZ are playing badly for now. Reception in general has not been good, Maja is not playing well and even Boskovic is struggling. Only Larson and Thaisa are playing like they can.

• Well Rio is not playing their best either, Buijis is out and Gabi is not playing her best. Neither Jucy and Carol r at their best.

But taking Boskovic and Maja out at the end of the set? This is what u get, u loose

Im assuming in the Turkey league Boskovic will bench again for Darnell. And they will loose again.

• True, but Roberta and Monique are so much better today than vs Pomi.

Yeah, I don't think ECZ will win the Turkish league, they have a better chance in the CL.

• Yes, I assumed would be Maja,Boskovic and one of Thaiza/Larson/Kosheleva. But I think they will use Darnel instead Boskovic ( which will be a mistake ).

Or they will give Darnel and Nilay a lot of play time during regular season and have Boskovic/Maja in the playoffs.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What a great match, I hope the final will be intense like this one was ...olololol

Boskovic and Monique had a amazing night, two styles of OPP very diferent. After this match I feel bad Rio is going home.

Boskovic 20 Attacks, 7 blocks :cheesy: , 1 ace.
    Monique 22 attacks :super: , 1 block, 1 ace.

• I think that Thaisa, Larson and Boskovic will play in Turkish league.

Even If I would like to see Pomi in Semi but Rexona deserved much more than Pomi, today they showed great performance. Pomi will probably win next matche so they will right against Vakifbank or Volero in Semi.

To bad that they are not playing CL :/

• Isn't in the Turkish League only 3 foreign players are allowed in the court? I wonder who'll get bench...

Yeah, I don't think ECZ will win the Turkish league, they have a better chance in the CL.

I was surprised too to see all this foreigns together on court in fact I asked the same question.
    I did ask it also on Pasini's blog 'Dal15al25' and a user said that they wanted a super team for the european/international competition to celebrate the 50 year of the team.
    He wrote that the rule is 3+1, so I guess it means 3 foreigns on court and 1 on the bench as someone else here suggested when I first asked ^^
    So, there will be foreigns on the tribune... And I was complaining about Grebennikov on the bench :lol:

• I was surprised too to see all this foreigns together on court in fact I asked the same question.
    I did ask it also on Pasini's blog 'Dal15al25' and a user said that they wanted a super team for the european/international competition to celebrate the 50 year of the team.
    He wrote that the rule is 3+1, so I guess it means 3 foreigns on court and 1 on the bench as someone else here suggested when I first asked ^^
    So, there will be foreigns on the tribune... And I was complaining about Grebennikov on the bench :lol:

Of course there will be foreigners not even listed for the match, last year it was mostly Furst, Calderon, Boskovic shared the court with Neslihan, Molly had limited time on court.. In Vakif it was Robin and Sheilla..

• Pretty early to make assumptions but Eczacibasi is nothing spectacular considering the stars they hired.. This doesn't mean even now they won't win the 1st place, but they could probably do it also with half of their roster..From what I've seen so far:
    Their passing is not good, but it will be better with time I guess
    Maja is doing nothing special, high balls to Kosheleva, high balls to Boskovic, some fast sets to Larson, few sets to Thaisa and Rachael is non existent in the attack.. Of course this might be due to her not so good connections with the middles, since they are together quite a short period, but still Maja is always forcing balls into the middle.. I don't like how Adams has the same role as Busra, just to be there, she has proven she is able to be even the main scorer of the team, as in Conegliano..

• Pretty early to make assumptions but Eczacibasi is nothing spectacular considering the stars they hired.. This doesn't mean even now they won't win the 1st place, but they could probably do it also with half of their roster..From what I've seen so far:
    Their passing is not good, but it will be better with time I guess
    Maja is doing nothing special, high balls to Kosheleva, high balls to Boskovic, some fast sets to Larson, few sets to Thaisa and Rachael is non existent in the attack.. Of course this might be due to her not so good connections with the middles, since they are together quite a short period, but still Maja is always forcing balls into the middle.. I don't like how Adams has the same role as Busra, just to be there, she has proven she is able to be even the main scorer of the team, as in Conegliano..

Did u watch the game? Both Thaiza and Adams scored 11 points. Maja set the ball to both of them 16 times,That is a decent number, Thaiza scored 5 and Adams 8.
    Of course Adams can be the highest score of them, if she could block more and get aces. Boskovic got 7 blocks and Thaiza got 6, Adams got only 2.....If she wants to be the "star" of the team she gotta work for it ....cant blame it on the setter.

And Maja has alreday great connection to the middle....Adams did not score more because of herself and not because of Maja.

And at the end of the day u gotta understand, she might be the "weakest link" of this dream team, dont expect her to be the higest score , and being the highest score doesnt really means anything,,,volleyball is a team sport...... and remember they wanted to sign Stevanovic first and once Pomi did not let go, they went for Adams.

Maja did a great job, she set the ball to everyone, and a lot of times with bad passing she was able to fix it and give a great set.

• Yes I watched the game and 16 attempts is not a lot for a 5 set match.. I was not talking about this match alone, but also about yesterday.. I also did not say Maja gave Rachael bad sets, I only said maybe with time she'll start setting them more since the connection will be better.. they play together only a short amount of time so it's natural not to have the perfect connections with the MBs..
    I also said that even with this kind of play they could win the tournament.. Rusia wins everything with only Kosheleva-Goncharova scoring, but we still say they play boring..
    And last, I didn't say Maja played bad, I said she did nothing special, after all they wanted to create a star team, and that doesn't mean play good but be brilliant..

• Maja was not able to set more to the middles because their reception was not really good, Kosheleva was terrible in the 1st set.

But it was 16 times each....32 sets to the middle overall. I think it is a good number 6 per set.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Volero is really surprising right now....And Zhu is show apart :dance6: