FIVB World Club Championship 2016

• Maja didn't play great, but I thought she varied it OK. 32 sets to the middles is not bad at all. Kosheleva's passing was a problem and I thought Gulden didn't play too well, so mostly she was having to save bad passes.

Meanwhile Volero are challenging VakifBank so maybe the Turkish teams are not as far ahead as everyone thinks. Of course, the teams will improve the more they play together.

• Wow! Looks like SB community bought the match. Lets see if they will manage the buy the cup they organized themselves as well. :wall:

• So Semi Finals

Volero Zurich - Pomi Casalmaggiore

Vakifbank Istanbul - Eczacibasi Vitra

• I see that most are blaming Naz and I agree she is not spectacular. But doesnt anyone see the drop in Rasic's performance recently? She is not acting like a key player any longer but a regular MB. Her blocking is still good when she is on place but her attacking, timing and speed to go to blocking is not there. Naz loves to set a lot to her middles and needs scorer middles to make the difference but with today's Rasic and Kubra, this is not possible.
    I also don't like Slöetjes' performance recently. She has been their weakest link so far and committing errors and lacking efficiency in times she is needed. That makes Naz overuse Zhu Ting which gets predictable after a while. I won't be surprised to see Gözde back at zone 2, Hill and Zhu in zone 4 this season. They did this when Glinka was playing for Vakif many years ago...

• Volero wins, but it is not fair, Foluke went over the net on the 15th point, and the referre did not call it, and when Sloetjes did not went over the net he called it.

But Guidetti is a dumb, same thing he did with the DUtch team he is still doing now, he makes a crazy replacement at the crucial moments, just like taking Sloetjes and having Hill in, he changes the whole dynamic of the moment, and by doing that he is showing Zhu and his team that he does not trust her and them passing and he needs 3 receivers on the court. and then of course Zhu feels it and makes a mistake...in volleyball a lot is about emotional....

But this loss will make them come even stronger to the semi-finals, I just hope Boskovic will bring her game and destroy Vakifbank......

but Rykhliuk had one of those nights. :rose:

• I see that most are blaming Naz and I agree she is not spectacular. But doesnt anyone see the drop in Rasic's performance recently? She is not acting like a key player any longer but a regular MB. Her blocking is still good when she is on place but her attacking, timing and speed to go to blocking is not there. Naz loves to set a lot to her middles and needs scorer middles to make the difference but with today's Rasic and Kubra, this is not possible.
    I also don't like Slöetjes' performance recently. She has been their weakest link so far and committing errors and lacking efficiency in times she is needed. That makes Naz overuse Zhu Ting which gets predictable after a while. I won't be surprised to see Gözde back at zone 2, Hill and Zhu in zone 4 this season. They did this when Glinka was playing for Vakif many years ago...

Oh really Rasic level dropped? Then how come she had a fantastic Olympics not only blocking but attack and was the best server???

Today she scored 10 points in attack . Plus she scored 10 blocks. SHe tied Carol`s record.

She scored 20 points...what else do u want from her???

Naz is the one that can`t set in the middle...did u watch the Turkishi Playoffs last season? Same thing happenend, Naz had problems setting to the middle.

U dont like Sloetjes performace lately? DOnt know if u know but the last time we saw SLoetjes was at the OG and she was named best OP. And this is only the second match of their season....and in the first game she scored I think 18 points.... plus remember the amazing season she had this past season?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Giovanni made two critical mistakes in this match.

1, Hill's reception was too bad in the first set, Giovanni underestimated their opponents, didn't sub her out.
    2, He didn't let Zhu Ting rest in the 4th set since vakif leads more than 10 points.

I'm not sure if it's good or bad that he changed Zhu's reception yet, we will see.

• Meanwhile Volero are challenging VakifBank so maybe the Turkish teams are not as far ahead as everyone thinks. Of course, the teams will improve the more they play together.

Well I think Volero has a really balanced roster this season, maybe even better than the Turkish teams.. They have some great players such as Akinradewo, Rykhliuk, Rabadzhieva, Mammadova, Carcases and have replacements for every position, maybe only Akinradewo and Olesia don't have an appropriate sub.. Their setters are not great, but are on a similar level, and get the job done since they have great hitters.. the liberos are also on a similar level, not wold's top, but neither are Orge or Gulden.. Malkova and Orlova are good Mbs, Mari Paraiba can replace Rabadzhieva, Carcases can replace Mammadova.. I really like this team, and the good thing is they have a core of players that play together for a few seasons now ...

Vakif and Ecz on the other hand have many great players, but also big gaps between their replacements, Sloetjes, Naz, Rasic, Zhu/Kim, Thaisa/Adams, Ognjenovic, Larson etc

• Oh really Rasic level dropped? Then how come she had a fantastic Olympics not only blocking but attack and was the best server???

Today she scored 10 points in attack which is not bad even for a 5th set game.

Naz is the one that can`t set in the middle...did u watch the Turkishi Playoffs last season? Same thing happenend, Naz had problems setting to the middle.

not only the middle, Naz can't set to Zhu many times, she has a lot of miss sets. I wonder where are the other setters in vakifbank? Are other setter not even better than today's Naz?

• Sloetjes is definitely the biggest problem in VakifBank right now. This is the first time I can ever say that she hasn't been reliable. Not last game not this game and that's also the problem with Naz right now, she can't use her opp so she overuses Ting. Also I still don't understand how every coach prefers Akman over Özge Nur. She always replaces her and plays better... Always! I don't agree about Rasic she did everything a solid MB can do today.

I dislike Terzic very much as a coach after today. His team is doing bad and he does the only thing he shouldn't be doing... 'I don't care if we lose or win after this, I really don't care!'. Trying to discourage his own players. What an idiot.

I'm rooting for Vakifbank in the semis anyway :win:

• volero won fair and sqaure even thought i was cheering for vakifbank, guidetti must be the worse loser in the world and so is naz if u look at last 2 points it is all clear both times ball was over the net on volero side thus making it a normal point it aint judges or volero s fault vakif players can t recieve at cruical moments,even thought i support one team or player doesnt mean i support everything they do and thing i hate most are sore losers that try and find an excusse for their failure if they were robbed i could understand their anger and their attitude but that wasnt the case

• Rašić had some subpar performances this year (the CL F4 in particular stands out), but I really don't see what she could have done more/better today, except maybe her serve. I definitely don't think she was the reason they lost. Sloetjes did a poor job, but those things just happen and everyone is entitled to a bad day sometimes.

People need to remember that this is just the beginning of the season, many teams have new rosters and they're still working through it. Also it's been a very long summer for some players, basically half of Vakifbank's starting lineup was at the Olympics until the final day and it was just two months ago. No team is in top gear yeat and at this point we can expect a lot of incosistent performances. Honestly, I think for most of them winning this tournament isn't exactly a priority and they just want to see where there play is at the moment and what should be worked on.

• I didn't know that Fabris has reach in attac 326cm to bad that She is not using it that :whistle:

Ohhh Klara Peric is starter today :D :drink:

• Honestly I didnt check the stats before I wrote my comment about Rasic and I'm simply shocked. My apologies :aww: I watched only the end of 2nd, and entire 3-4-5th sets. She looked late in the block and Volero spikers hit between her block and spikers to me. Her hits looked very soft and her timing in attacking looked off. Maybe that is the problem with stats, she is their second best scorer today with 20 points, made 10 blocks and had 10 kills out of 18 attempts. But it didnt look like she had a spectacular match when you watched it. One thing I really didnt like is, she shouldnt go for slide attacks, because she actually nails the ball from zone 3.

About Slöetjes, it was last season and then she had Sheilla as back up and she had to fight for her position. She had a great ambition and looked really powerful. During these last 2 matches, I saw none of these and I think any kind of Opposite can produce 18 points in a match, that is a not a determinant at all.

For semis, I have a feeling that Vakifbank will be the winner. I'm sure Naz will be much better and Vakifbank is always a good fighter. It will be interesting to see Eczacibasi's actions when things are not going on the right direction.