Montreux Volley Masters - 2016 | 5 | 31

• Is Wilavan done with NT or does she just skip this tournament?

Wilavan and Wanna skip this tournament.

• Savic performing really good till now. I am really surprised Stevanovic improved hugely these last few years, to get to the world's top, while Maja didn't get any special attention. While playing for Junior NT they both were considered huge talents, especially Savic.

• Watching matches like this painfully shows the drop of Malagurski's and Djerisilo's level. Years ago they wouldn't have had to play such matches at all, now they do and even there can't really shine. But then, so far all Serbia had to do was serve and block for most of the time.

Does Serbia not have any other liberos apart from Cebic and Popovic? They won't be around forever...what about Nina Rosic for example? Is she even still playing?

• Does Serbia not have any other liberos apart from Cebic and Popovic? They won't be around forever...what about Nina Rosic for example? Is she even still playing?

Rosić played in Crvena Zvezda this year. She didn't show much, but then again, the whole team was a huge mess for most of the season. She doesn't appear to be in Terzić's plans anymore.
    Teodora Pušić from Vizura is still in contention, she is currently training with the rest of the NT in Belgrade. I'm surprised she wasn't selected to play in this tournament.

Savic performing really good till now. I am really surprised Stevanovic improved hugely these last few years, to get to the world's top, while Maja didn't get any special attention. While playing for Junior NT they both were considered huge talents, especially Savic.

Jovana's transfer to Pomi was a fantastic deal for both sides. I'd say it was one of the best transfers generally in recent years. Maja plays in a much lower key team and environment so she hasn't made much of a name for herself yet, but her time will probably come.

• Please do away with the tablet in all the volleyball games.

• Belgium:

De Belgische ploeg:

spelverdeelsters: Jasmien Biebauw, Ilka Van de Vyver
    opposites: Lise Van Hecke, Kaja Grobelna
    receptie-hoek: Charlotte Leys, Céline Van Gestel, Britt Herbots, Dominika Strumilo
    middenblok: Laura Heyrman, Freya Aelbrecht, Dominika Sobolska
    libero’s: Valérie Courtois, Britt Ruysschaert, Amber De Tant.

• How strong is the team China is fielding for this tournament? I see Zhu Ting isn't there, are there any other 1st team regulars in the list?

I think they're strong enough to deal with other contenders here. Just watch the replay of its first match vs BRA U23. Zhu Ting is absent here, but there are the usual faces in NT: Liu Xiao-tong (4), and the captain, Hui Ruo-qi (12), Yang Jun-jing (6); plus the new bright faces ported from the junior team: Gong Xiang-yu (14), Wang Ning (21).

The whole team here are:

OH: Hui Ruo-qi (12) /25 years old, Chen Li-yi (23) /27, Liu Xiao-tong (4) /26, Wang Yun-lu (24) /20
    MB: Yang Jun-jing (6) /27, Zhang Xiao-ya (13) /24, Zheng Yi-xin (20) /21, Wang Ning (21) /22
    S: Wei Qiu-yue (7) /28, Yao Di (10) /24
    Opp: Gong Xiang-yu (14) /19, Qin Si-yu (22) /22
    L: Wang Meng-jie ( 18 ) /21, Shan Dan-na (16) /25

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• This challenge system is ridiculous. Like, we are waiting 3 minutes for nothing...

• I wonder what kind of genetics they have in Turkey: how could their girls be so beautiful? I like about 90% of them...

Tonight I'm addicted to Yurtdagülen. :heart:

• Wow, what the heck just happened? Congrats Belgium and Albrecht! A big applaud to the young OH Britt!

Not sure what Ferhat is doing. I have a feeling that he is trying to decide which players he would like to keep during summer for certain positions. Right now, Nursevil, Melis, Gözde Yilmaz are the ones lost their chances in the NT during the summer. What a terrible performance. If Nursevil was ever ready to play in high level, Ataman would give more time to her during the season for sure. Kubra needs a slap on the face, not a surprise Guidetti is looking for another local MB to transfer this season. Her development stopped totally and she almost never makes it to the block in wings.
    Somehow I'm thinking that Ferhat sees this tournament to experiment and see which players can be useful. He already has Gamze in his mind and in the list of Grand Prix but then I wonder why he invited Naz, Guldeniz and such. This is a bit confusing, but simply if Ferhat calls one of the Nursevil-Ezgi D-Cagla trio to World Grand Prix and avoid Gamze, it would be a huge scandal. :white: