Montreux Volley Masters - 2016 | 5 | 31

• I dont know if arrogance is the word...but I did notice they dont smile much during the games...they have almost like a weight over their sholders all the time. At that ages, I wished they took things more lightly, sports are about having fun as well. Smiling doesnt mean you dont care, or that you care less.... I think they would enjoy it more actually if they managed to play with different attitude...they are to young to have that harsh feeling about themselves already. Light it up girls! :drink:

• I know what you mean...the feeling I got from them was like when I team is the favorite and have lost and were under super pressure...and its not really the case, maybe is the way to coach handled things as well....dont know..like I said, I wished they enjoyed themselves more inside court, I think they would actually produce better if so. Anyway...

• The DRAMA of THA v TUR makes me awake at the sleepiest hours :cheesy: great match, what a volleyball :rolll:

Congratz to Thailand team for the spectacular win

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Why was Kubra playing the whole match when she practically gave away the first set all by herself? I still don't like Ferhat's choices where was Özge Nur? And why did Polen and Hande stop hitting and start passing the ball when it was 11-14. And they wake up when it's 14-14 :wall:

As expected lol. If Gizem Örge did not have to leave the tournament then this match would not have the same result. Dalbeler was mediocre and Turkey was very bad defensive and made too many errors (Kubra).

I really like our new team though. Fatma was all we were looking for and a good replacement for Kirdar. Polen is doing really well with Hande, I think the generation change worked for Turkey. I also think Naz should start worrying about her place in NT with players like Gamze, Ezgi Dilik and now Nursevil Aydinlar. Everyone seems to hate her but I think she has a lot of potential and her sets were way better than Naz's even to Kubra which is a teammate of Naz.

Still I think we will have our revenge with Thailand when Gizem Örge is back and we can receive a ball.

• I have never in my life seen such a mockery :rolll: :wall:

Challenge showed 10 :!: minutes ago that the ball was in, the referee changes her mind back and forth, both teams threatening to withdraw, after ages she asks to review the ball and we see again the same picture as before. Everybody in the hall except for Miss Simonovska saw it the first time :aww:

• This referee....... Sonja Simonovksa......... NEVER AGAIN :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

WORST REFEREE I HAVE EVER SEEN

:rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

• The sad thing is, this match deserves better than that. Considering that Dutch team has two terrible receivers plus a libero who's not too solid either out there, I expected China to beat them rather easily.

And one thing...she gets so much criticism, so I think she should also get praise when she deserves it: I think Stoltenborg plays a very good game today :win:

• That was one of the matches where Guidetti really harmed his team...sure, the referee really produced bullshit there, but his fury and hectic affected the team badly, they totally lost focus in the end of 4th and beginning of 5th set, while China just continued to play their game.

But then the Dutch lost the match mainly in 2nd set when they were up 23-21 and then lost 4 points easily in a row.

• Congrats, China !!

Like yesterday against Serbia, I ddin't like Dutch game... Without the 4 resting players, the game is totally different...so unstable, so chaotic, so many stupid mistakes... it reminds me of the terrible Vermeulen-era. :thumbdown:

• That was one of the matches where Guidetti really harmed his team...sure, the referee really produced bullshit there, but his fury and hectic affected the team badly, they totally lost focus in the end of 4th and beginning of 5th set, while China just continued to play their game.

But then the Dutch lost the match mainly in 2nd set when they were up 23-21 and then lost 4 points easily in a row.

I think I would have done the same as Guidetti.... :D :D The referee deserved a :hit:

But okay, in an important tournament one shouldn't act like he did..but Montreux is just a friendly ;)

• Semifinals filled up with DRAMA, not only THA vs TUR but also CHN vs NED...

For a moment somewhere in 4th set I thought that the NED would make it into the finals, at one time led with four-point margin, yet CHN succeeded to level up then took the lead instead... then the challenge drama... from error in fulfilling the actual challenge request (hand touch i/o in-out line call) to referee's error in deciding whose point it was...

The Netherlands team played very well today aside from the several long serves in the early set, much better than I ever thought. Hat off to the Orange team!

Congratz to the Chinese team for making it into the finals after the thrilling contest

=very sleepy hours

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Guidetti could have done better.

After the judge awarded the point to China (based on the fact that the system showed there was no touch, though the referee made a mistake first of all because the ball was actually in instead of touch-out), NED's coach could have subsequently challenged that the ball was in. Instead he was warning to withdraw and seems like the players were affected.

I think I would have done the same as Guidetti.... :D :D The referee deserved a :hit:

But okay, in an important tournament one shouldn't act like he did..but Montreux is just a friendly ;)

• I just wonder until when FIVB will allow this mess that is the relationaship between referees and challenge system? :hit:

Come on, they had more than enough time now to teach referees how the system work!!!!!!!!! Meanwhile the teams keep being the one paying for the flaws from others.... :down:

Referee sign ball in, allow challenge for touch, and when the system shows no touch you ignore the ball in? How more inacurrate this referee could be????

Imagine something like that in the Olympics? I mean, really FIVB...train your referees for God sick!!!!!!