Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• "The early bird catches the worm." Korea have already announced their final 12 member line up for the 2016 Rio Olympic Game.

Korea NT:
    OH: KIM Yeon-Koung, LEE Jae-Yeong, PARK Jeong-Ah Nam, and NAM Jie-Youn
    OP: KIM Hee-Jin, HWANG Youn-Joo
    MB: YANG Hyo-Jin, KIM Su-Ji, BAE Yoo-Na
    S: LEE Hyo-Hee, YEUM Hye-Seon
    Li: KIM Hae-Ran
    http://sports.news.naver.com/v…hn?oid=011&aid=0002834596

The only changes from the Korea WNT at the World Qualifier are the exclusion of OHs Lee So-Young & Kang So-Hwi, and positional change for Nam Jie-Youn from Libero to Outside Hitter.

• Go Go South Korea! The team that plays with REAL team spirit.
    Being arranged into Group A is huge advantage although the opponent at quarter final will be really tough. But you totally deserve the spot of getting at least top 8 in the world!

• Dunno which team has the best preliminary schedule... but imo the team that I am rooting has an OKAY schedule :-)

Btw, how the matches in the knock-out QF be determined?

By drawing or based on ranking positions in the group stage?

If based on group ranking, are the matches arranged following this formula: A1 vs B4, A2 vs B3, A3 vs B2, A4 vs B1 ?

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• If based on group ranking, are the matches arranged following this formula: A1 vs B4, A2 vs B3, A3 vs B2, A4 vs B1 ?

Yes, they will follow this criterion.

• Yes, they will follow this criterion.

How do you know this? it was decided by a draw in the previous editions. (that A2 plays B3 or B2)

• How do you know this? it was decided by a draw in the previous editions. (that A2 plays B3 or B2)

Then I don't know...I thought they had given up on the draw :lol:

• RUS vs BRA in the last day will be interesting and will determine who will come out on top of Pool A, and thus, will have the benefit of an easier QF match against the 4th ranked team in Pool B assuming: China, Serbia & USA get the 1st-3rd places interchangeably.

• Is not that simple...In London did you predicted Brazil in 4th in the group stage?

RUS vs BRA in the last day will be interesting and will determine who will come out on top of Pool A, and thus, will have the benefit of an easier QF match against the 4th ranked team in Pool B assuming: China, Serbia & USA get the 1st-3rd places interchangeably.

• So if they don`t set a schedule for the group stage. what do you think they should do?

It's nice how there's a draw for the QFs, but not for the actual groups, which are basically known in advance and can thus be manipulated, like it's happened before (Tokyo '12).
    One of FIVB's many nonsenses.

• no, the draw was done in beijing but not london.

London,
    Great Britain, August 7, 2012 – The men’s tournament gradually reaches
    its climax as the 1/4 finals are scheduled for Wednesday, August 8, to
    assign the four tickets for the semi-finals coming up on Friday, August
    10. The winners of the preliminary groups are set to play the fourth
    ranked of the other Pool while the pairings for the remaining matches
    were determined by a drawing of lots held at the end of the prelims.

link

• Hey people! in this PDF it is said ranking criterion first will be match points other than wins. :what: What do you think? Is it a mistake or it is has been written intentionally? ?(

• Hey people! in this PDF it is said ranking criterion first will be match points other than wins. :what: What do you think? Is it a mistake or it is has been written intentionally? ?(

It's always been that way at the Olympic games.
    In 2012 Brazil was 4th but should have been 3rd if the ranking criterion was number of wins.

• It's always been that way at the Olympic games.
    In 2012 was 4th but should have been 3rd if the ranking criterion was number of wins.

It's not sth extraordinary, because till 2014 all competitions were like that. This new rule has been implemented since 2015. Actually that PDF is a copy paste of London PDF I doubt somebody had thought about its content. :whistle:

• I think we could start making our predictions.
    At least here in Brazil, everybody talks just about USA. But, to me, the favourite to the gold is China.
    Ting is one of the top 4 decisive players in the world (along with Kim, Kosheleva and Goncharova); Zhang has grown a lot since last year, and it seems that Hui is also back in business; they have 2 very good setters - I prefer Zhen; and also at least 3 very good blockers. In sum, the best roster in the planet right now. Their only drawback is the inexperience.

USA have a very solid roster and a nice style, but they lack a real decisive player and, in the critical moments, I aways feel they tend to surrender rather then fight.

A final comment: I believe that Serbia will surprise a lot of people. I'm feeling they'll get a medal in Rio. And, unfortunately, my guts are also screamming that Russia will be a dissapointment.